What's new

Jax General Discussion

How do we deal with Kitana jump ins? Shit is annoying cuz I cant use s1 and i get hit for tryna use any other anti air. I also noticed at times when shes negative if theres enough push back she can throw out a d1 or d4. the d1 is especially problematic cuz her fans have no hurtboxes ugh. Any help would be appreciated.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Whenever I use the Hands of Time arms I can't see how much heat I have stored. Sucks cause they are really cool looking.

Obviously a bug. Needs to be fixed.
You think so? I thought they just wanted to differentiate between kronika Jax and normal Jax. I like the way they look but they def need fixing. Now be a bro and answer my Kitana post above please lmao. She normally gives me no issues but this one dude kept beating me.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
You think so? I thought they just wanted to differentiate between kronika Jax and normal Jax. I like the way they look but they def need fixing. Now be a bro and answer my Kitana post above please lmao. She normally gives me no issues but this one dude kept beating me.
Jax's anti-airs in this game aren't quite as good as they were in mkx. S1 and D2 work ok, but there's a decent list of jumpins in this game that Jax kinda just has to hold. Kitanas J2 is one of them. His D2 works a little better vs those kind of jumpins, but there are matchups where I accept that anti-airing on reaction just isn't an option. As for the throw problem, I don't really understand what buttons you are talking about. What moves in particular put her at that range?

@freerf245 No not throw I meant like she can input a d1 or d4 after some strings and it was beating out my f33 and d1 due to the distance. I gotta rewatch the match cuz I saved it to see what was going on, right now I can’t remember at the moment which string it was. Her fucking j2 is broken though lmao. I had to remind myself not to get mad at the dude I’m playing, it’s not like he designed her.

I asked this before but don’t remember the answers, so you all feel grinning Barrett fairs better against zoners? I usually play hunker down solely but do like the ability to absorb cetrions boulders

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Why is this character everywhere online now fellas? I swear I’m getting matched with twice as many Jax players as scorp these days.

Can we get some sort of honor system going where Jax players agree not to use f3 as a stagger in 110+ ping lmao. It’s -11. Theoretically full combo punished by the whole cast but in lag it’s a deadly shimmy, similar deal with kang’s f4 string. Wanna gouge my eyes out when I fall for it.

I call these lag staggers laggers lol

Last edited:

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Sooo, the best custom variation is Quad grab, BF2 juggle modifier, and the 1+3 throw overhead ender to his strings, right?

Seem's like the way to go

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
In what instances mid screen woukd you use 12?
Ive been using grinning i like it better. My little set up midscreen is
33-bf2amp-22-d12~dd3 then i block and punish with them hot hands

@MrArcher15 regarding kitana, I just treat her jump in as part of her strings at this point if I'm not perfectly prepared to anti air or whiff punish.

People have advised me in neutral forward dash duck works against her j2 but it's hard to program in my head to do that.