What's new

Jax General Discussion

6ixty9

Noob
The second D12 puts him pretty far away if you're mid screen so the second fireball has a very small frame link to actually connect off it due to travel time, just do one D12 if you're midscreen and save the two D12 version for if you're corner.

The difference is negligible, anyway -- like 2%.
Will 1 d12 trigger the kb though? Wouldn't that only be 5 hits not 6?

6ixty9

Noob
D2 KB counts as 2 hits.

D2KB (two) D12 (four) BF3 (5) 4 (6, KB)
wow had no idea.. i'll give it a crack

Edit: Doesnt generate enough heat on its own but good to know thats an easy option if you have a tad already

Last edited:

ATIWAB

Noob
wow had no idea.. i'll give it a crack

Edit: Doesnt generate enough heat on its own but good to know thats an easy option if you have a tad already
It's not enough from zero, but even one non-amp DD3 gives you enough to hit both missiles. Basically as long as you aren't doing it as the first thing in a match or right after another KB resets your heat, you should be fine.

UPR_Nova

Noob
I believe @topper2ath said it was, but perhaps it was after a jump in into b2. I rarely go for the heated missile kb. I usually go for the command grab kb after b2.
Late reply but yes as you already said. It's more consistent to do this for the heated arms. Command grab is another story. I always do button dash cancels with that one. I need to test the differences in damage that each standing 1 provides.

UPR_Nova

Noob
I also saw someone mention GB. I saw the AI do f33xxbf2(amp), b1xxbf2(amp). Not sure if we could get something optimal out of that but I'm just throwing that out there.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Does anyone have the gotcha grab brutality and remember where they got it? Its the only one I don’t have and I don’t know if it was a tower or if it’s in the krypt.

ATIWAB

Noob
Kabal matchup is unwinnable I'm done playing that shit. Literally makes me wanna drop the character whenever that matchup comes up.
It is awful, we can’t even get close to him
GB is a better variation to counter Kabal because of the get-in potential on the BF2 from range, stays out of his hook range and forces him to play footsies/buzzsaw nonsense with you, baits the dash too when they get impatient.

Still a bad MU but it's a little bit more tolerable.

GB is a better variation to counter Kabal because of the get-in potential on the BF2 from range, stays out of his hook range and forces him to play footsies/buzzsaw nonsense with you, baits the dash too when they get impatient.

Still a bad MU but it's a little bit more tolerable.
You sure you didn’t mean hunker down? Cuz GB’s BF2 doesn’t move you much
Edit: regardless I only play hunker down

ATIWAB

Noob
You sure you didn’t mean hunker down? Cuz GB’s BF2 doesn’t move you much
Edit: regardless I only play hunker down
I mean GB.

BF2 Amp launcher isn't the only thing you can do with the BF2.

Against Kabal, you're using it as a low/oh mix from range with cancel/delay mind games (that you can also amp on BF24 for a launcher with all the same combo potential as amped Ripped) and it low-profiles his buzzsaw.

I mean GB.

BF2 Amp launcher isn't the only thing you can do with the BF2.

Against Kabal, you're using it as a low/oh mix from range with cancel/delay mind games (that you can also amp on BF24 for a launcher with all the same combo potential as amped Ripped) and it low-profiles his buzzsaw.
I see, thanks for the clarification

ATIWAB

Noob
I see, thanks for the clarification
The other reason it's good is Briggs Barricade builds up a ton of heat if they're trying to spend the whole match zoning you out with saws.

I know you said you only play HD, but should try to get familiar with GB too, it's a good counterpick for zoners if you don't want to learn a whole new character.

The other reason it's good is Briggs Barricade builds up a ton of heat if they're trying to spend the whole match zoning you out with saws.

I know you said you only play HD, but should try to get familiar with GB too, it's a good counterpick for zoners if you don't want to learn a whole new character.
I’ve considered it but figured against like Cetrion I’d still get cooked

ATIWAB

Noob
Back to general tech:

The easiest possible way to hit the Missile KB I've found is

JI2 B2KB B1 F34 KB

We all know by now that if you link the B2 to the JI2 on hit it's guaranteed to land, the B1 right after never misses and requires no dash, it also already puts in the B input of the BF3 so you can shortcut it easily, and they're in the air so long off the B1 that it's basically impossible to mistime the fireballs.

"Only" does 40% out of 2 KBs, but if you suck at timing D12s, it's a braindead way to use it.

I don't think it's even possible to miss it unless you straight up let the person hit the ground before putting in your B1.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Back to general tech:

The easiest possible way to hit the Missile KB I've found is

JI2 B2KB B1 F34 KB

We all know by now that if you link the B2 to the JI2 on hit it's guaranteed to land, the B1 right after never misses and requires no dash, it also already puts in the B input of the BF3 so you can shortcut it easily, and they're in the air so long off the B1 that it's basically impossible to mistime the fireballs.

"Only" does 40% out of 2 KBs, but if you suck at timing D12s, it's a braindead way to use it.

I don't think it's even possible to miss it unless you straight up let the person hit the ground before putting in your B1.
D2/B2 KB into 1, 12 is braindead easy even online, doesn't require any pre-existing heat, and does more damage.

People in this thread who are dash cancel-adverse should really take the time to practice them - Jax cannot be played optimally without them. Jax as a character thrives off of scoring damage and positioning off of conversions, and to be able to do that, you need to be able to do basic dash cancel combos.

wsj515

Also, please don't use GB's bf2 for "mixups." This is just asking any reasonable player to put you in a body bag.

ATIWAB

Noob
D2/B2 KB into 1, 12 is braindead easy even online, doesn't require any pre-existing heat, and does more damage.

People in this thread who are dash cancel-adverse should really take the time to practice them - Jax cannot be played optimally without them. Jax as a character thrives off of scoring damage and positioning off of conversions, and to be able to do that, you need to be able to do basic dash cancel combos.
"This is the easiest way to do this combo"

"nah here's another way that's harder that people should do instead"

???

If this were about optimals, I would've said that. Dash cancels online are easier to drop and not nearly as reliable as practice/offline games.

And no, raw B2KB into 1 12 isn't enough to get the double-missiles from 0.

ATIWAB

Noob
Also, please don't use GB's bf2 for "mixups." This is just asking any reasonable player to put you in a body bag.
"don't use an advancing low-profiling special that you can end in either a low or an overhead launcher for mixups in a matchup where the chief complaint is being kept at range with High projectiles"

Man, get the fuck out of here.

wsj515

???

If this were about optimals, I would've said that. Dash cancels online are easier to drop and not nearly as reliable as practice/offline games.

You're right, I was about to edit my post to include j2, same for b1.

It isn't even optimal - just requires 30 seconds of practice, its really that easy. But what do I know, apparently my execution is F tier :rolleyes:.

6ixty9

Noob

???

I would rather have 5% less dmg for something I can hit 100% of the time than do a harder version which I might drop every now and then. ATIWAB gets this. Much appreciated.

wsj515

"don't use an advancing low-profiling special that you can end in either a low or an overhead launcher for mixups in a matchup where the chief complaint is being kept at range with High projectiles"

Man, get the fuck out of here.
you use it to low-profile and full combo punish, not mix. If you try and mix, you're going to get destroyed vs. a player who knows what they're doing.