What's new

Jax General Discussion

ATIWAB

Noob
j2 b2 dash f2xxdbf1 256.66 no bar
I found after playing with it for a bit you actually can hit the B1 off the full B2, but the timing on it isn't forgiving at all.

Still, means you can hit a 304 no bar with J2 B2 B1 BF4, but my max number of successful attempts in a row has only been two, so either needs a lot more lab time or need to forget about it because it's impractical.

Edit: I've got it pretty consistent now, and it's a 34% 1-bar.

Last edited:

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
So can you do both of his KB heat ups ? I just kinda picked him up . Is gothcha man better than power clap ? What about the grenades ?

ATIWAB

Noob
So can you do both of his KB heat ups ? I just kinda picked him up . Is gothcha man better than power clap ? What about the grenades ?
• yes, you can do all three KBs that require arm heat (full arm heat for the 1+3 on expert grappler, full arm heat for the forward throw, enough arm heat for two missiles for the 6-hit-combo-double-missile one) in one match -- every KB resets his arm heat to zero so you have to rebuild it during the match
• Gotcha is the only one available in tournament variations, Clap is... not good. Low damage even on amped version, doesn't (easily) convert into anything, etc. Gotcha allows you to side switch and restand in the corner, it's invaluable.
• Thumper grenades are slow and the amped version is trash but it's good for full screen AA and zoning. You'll probably get them more accidentally trying to input a D12 into cancel string and mistiming it than you will on purpose.

What is the best thing to do after b2 kb midscreen or d2? How to get off bf 34 kb, i done n2 kb 1 12 but i think my hands are not heated enough for second shot

ATIWAB

Noob
What is the best thing to do after b2 kb midscreen or d2? How to get off bf 34 kb, i done n2 kb 1 12 but i think my hands are not heated enough for second shot
Any starting 2 + B2KB/D2KB 1 D12 D12 should heat them enough to get both off. If you can't land it consistently, I'd just save the missile KB for a corner jump-in later in the game instead and use S4->BF4 AMP. You can also easily convert it into F4 DBF1 243KB but it's a waste of that KB's damage to force it to scale with another KB unless it's going to win you the game IMO.

Last edited:

FreshPrinceOfPine

You think you're bad?
Does grinnin barrett have any 2 bar combos? I've only tried a few times warming up, but exbf2 seems so slow that I cant hit it twice in one combo. But I would love to style on people and get a bit more dmg off B2 or D2 KBs

ATIWAB

Noob
Does grinnin barrett have any 2 bar combos? I've only tried a few times warming up, but exbf2 seems so slow that I cant hit it twice in one combo. But I would love to style on people and get a bit more dmg off B2 or D2 KBs
He has a lot, but as far as I know they're all corner combos -- easy to connect the Amp DB4/Amp BF2 off the wall juggle. Like you can do 12 DB4 Amp 12 BF2 Amp 1 D12 D12 DB1 11114 for a two-bar restand, etc. I can't think of any two-bar mid screens of the top of my head, but I don't lab GB a ton, either.

Man i played a real good Cassie today and it was so irritating. When she’s at full screen you’re playing her game and she can easily whiff punish you if you’re careless. I held my own but it was real frustrating at times.

HapHaxion

"Knowledge" - Taio Cruz
who do y'all think are jax's best MUs right now? I've heard discussions about some he loses, so I wanted to hear the other side

Im liking jaxs in your face playstyle in hunker down. Im having issues with wakeups though. His strings that end and give you oki are great but it almost seems that wakeups are just so good in this game. Opponent can delay, roll forward or backward, invince wakeup or aa wakeup. Meter comes back so fast in this game and most characters have safe wakeups. Mayne its just me, im still kind of new to jax

ATIWAB

Noob
Im liking jaxs in your face playstyle in hunker down. Im having issues with wakeups though. His strings that end and give you oki are great but it almost seems that wakeups are just so good in this game. Opponent can delay, roll forward or backward, invince wakeup or aa wakeup. Meter comes back so fast in this game and most characters have safe wakeups. Mayne its just me, im still kind of new to jax
Only oki I try with him in Hunker Down is a cross-up jump-in tbh, anything else is too risky with how much gap there is in his strings if they delay wakeup at all and whiff punish you for not timing it right.

I'll spend the entire first game never doing anything on wakeup but backdash to condition them that their wakeups are a waste of bar against me, then second game I'll start doing cross-up JI, then once they start to realize that and wake-up into blocks I start throwing them on wakeup instead. By the time they sort it out the set is already over.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Any starting 2 + B2KB/D2KB 1 D12 D12 should heat them enough to get both off. If you can't land it consistently, I'd just save the missile KB for a corner jump-in later in the game instead and use S4->BF4 AMP. You can also easily convert it into F4 DBF1 243KB but it's a waste of that KB's damage to force it to scale with another KB unless it's going to win you the game IMO.
If you don't want to do the d12 d12 (which I don't) you can just do dash 1 dash 12. It's what I do.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Slight step back into full charge B2 catches forward roll and u2/u3 and KBs their ass for full combo into either heated arm KB or command grab KB after they just used a bar. That'll stop them from waking up against you. If you think they will back roll you can throw (which also covers forward roll) or use f33 1+3/F2 1+3 (can't remember which goes further) as the overhead portion will catch them. Heated arms projectiles are also good when the opponent is going to wakeup if you don't want to go in. Ex Ground Pound works after knockdown as well.

He's great against wakeups imo.

ATIWAB

Noob
If you don't want to do the d12 d12 (which I don't) you can just do dash 1 dash 12. It's what I do.
Is that enough heat from 0 to hit both missiles, though?

I don't fuck with multi-dash combos too much since they never seem to come out right online.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Is that enough heat from 0 to hit both missiles, though?

I don't fuck with multi-dash combos too much since they never seem to come out right online.
I believe @topper2ath said it was, but perhaps it was after a jump in into b2. I rarely go for the heated missile kb. I usually go for the command grab kb after b2.

ATIWAB

Noob
I believe @topper2ath said it was, but perhaps it was after a jump in into b2. I rarely go for the heated missile kb. I usually go for the command grab kb after b2.
I generally do the missile KB off D2 KB since it's easy to connect the D12 on it, and use the B2 KB for F4 into command grab KB if I haven't been able to hit it already off S4 on a punish. (If I already hit it, S4 into Burning Hammer instead)

I have no idea how you prefer the FF 1 FF 12 though, D12 D12 is much easier IMO except the occasional mis-input into Thumper. Combos that need dashes and playing online don't go well together for me.

6ixty9

Noob
I generally do the missile KB off D2 KB since it's easy to connect the D12 on it, and use the B2 KB for F4 into command grab KB if I haven't been able to hit it already off S4 on a punish. (If I already hit it, S4 into Burning Hammer instead)

I have no idea how you prefer the FF 1 FF 12 though, D12 D12 is much easier IMO except the occasional mis-input into Thumper. Combos that need dashes and playing online don't go well together for me.
Ok so let me just clarify because I struggle with dashes.

You're saying after d2kb I can just do d12 d12 bf34kb in the midscreen. No dashes needed.

And then off b2 midscreen I can do f4 into quad grab, again with no dashes.

Previously I just did s4 burning hammer amp as it was reliable and went for bf34 only in the corner.

If I understood correctly then that's amazing and I'll have to go home tonight and try it out

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

I did it tonight during matches.

Can confirm that full charge B2 kb into dash 1 dash 12 bf34 will have enough heat to get the missiles Kb.

It's a waste of damage though. So I just use the full charge b2kb into dash 1 dash 12 command grab kb.

Different strokes is all I can say lol

ATIWAB

Noob
I did it tonight during matches.

Can confirm that full charge B2 kb into dash 1 dash 12 bf34 will have enough heat to get the missiles Kb.

It's a waste of damage though. So I just use the full charge b2kb into dash 1 dash 12 command grab kb.

Different strokes is all I can say lol
Could look at it the other way -- it's a waste of damage to use your B2KB launcher for the QG KB when you have way more opportunities in a match to get a QG than you do a 6-hit combo without any non-KB launchers when you're mid.

S4 QGKB is 41% on its own, but B2KB+QGKB are like 47%. So basically you're spending an entire KB for 6% damage vs using the rarer opportunity KB and saving QG for an S4 punish or off a different AA juggle etc.

ATIWAB

Noob
Ok so let me just clarify because I struggle with dashes.

You're saying after d2kb I can just do d12 d12 bf34kb in the midscreen. No dashes needed.

If I understood correctly then that's amazing and I'll have to go home tonight and try it out
Correct, no dashes on the D2 KB. They fall really close to you. Getting the timing right to not whiff the second fireball on D12 D12 can be tricky, though. If you have the heat, just do it off one D12.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
yeeeeah, I'm not just throwing out S4 trying to punish something lol. 13 frame high? yeah, that's asking to get d2 kb'd.

If I'm punishing something it's gonna be with F33

ATIWAB

Noob
yeeeeah, I'm not just throwing out S4 trying to punish something lol. 13 frame high? yeah, that's asking to get d2 kb'd.

If I'm punishing something it's gonna be with F33
It's obviously for things you have more than a 13f advantage on, not all punishes. Don't throw it out without knowing the MU.

I keep a mental list of at least one thing per character that's a) common and b) punishable with S4 DBF1 KB.

Sub's slide and both ice balls if you're close enough, Kabal's dash (you have to FF S4 DBF1 tho), Scorpion tele, Baraka's bf4 grab, etc.

6ixty9

Noob
Correct, no dashes on the D2 KB. They fall really close to you. Getting the timing right to not whiff the second fireball on D12 D12 can be tricky, though. If you have the heat, just do it off one D12.
Yeah I haven't been able to get that 2nd fireball to hit once. Any tips? Do I do the d12 asap or late or somewhere in between?

ATIWAB

Noob
Yeah I haven't been able to get that 2nd fireball to hit once. Any tips? Do I do the d12 asap or late or somewhere in between?
The second D12 puts him pretty far away if you're mid screen so the second fireball has a very small frame link to actually connect off it due to travel time, just do one D12 if you're midscreen and save the two D12 version for if you're corner.

The difference is negligible, anyway -- like 2%.