What's new

Jax General Discussion

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Is it just me or am I crazy.I have watched some video of high level Jax play.I see zero air juggle combos.No other than back 2 with a follow or a crushing blow uppercut .These combos do not seem viable.The F3 3 ripped foward 2 gotcha or the F33 BF2 ehanced to gotcha.I have been labing these combos but I am seeing zero people use them.All Im seeing is 22 1+3 with heated arms.All these great videos of combos and see zero air juggles are they to difficult to pull off or better options.
A lot of Jax players are playing the quad grapple variation. This variation doesn’t have many combos but has great pressure and Krushing Blows.

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
Guys I'm really confused about the variation system. I just bought the game today and currently have it installing while I'm at work. I wrote down all of Gunshow's combos for "War Hero," which I assume is the one with gotcha grab and dashing punch. But then I go to eventhubs and look at the variation system (https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/apr/23/here-are-mortal-kombat-11-kompetitive-variations-every-character-and-which-moves-are-enabled-them/) but I don't see "War Hero" listed? What am I missing?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Guys I'm really confused about the variation system. I just bought the game today and currently have it installing while I'm at work. I wrote down all of Gunshow's combos for "War Hero," which I assume is the one with gotcha grab and dashing punch. But then I go to eventhubs and look at the variation system (https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/apr/23/here-are-mortal-kombat-11-kompetitive-variations-every-character-and-which-moves-are-enabled-them/) but I don't see "War Hero" listed? What am I missing?
The competitive mode presets and the presets characters already start with are different and have different names. When you change all your characters to their tournament presets they'll have the moves of the tournament presets but still have the old names. Jax's old names are war hero and military bearing or some shit, but his competitive mode presets are called something else entirely (Grinning Barrett or some shit? No idea). But what's important is that the abilities are the same. That link you posted has the competitive names

Chrishaspads

do u guys actually hit people with b2 krushing blow
Yes especially if you keep your opppnent in the corner. Mixing up with the f2 overhead string, his low ending string, ticks and the b2, people just get shook and get hit by the b2. BUT, it is the first week of the game so plenty of people don’t know that I’m delaying the move or it’s a overhead as well.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Dayum. Guess they need to fix that in tutorial. Already nerfing Jax....damn....
You also can't complete the Gotcha Grab section of it normally because it's still thinking you can do one more hit off the gotcha grab than you can now. So it'll ask you to do like "grab, 1, 1, 1, 3" when you can only do "grab, 1, 1, 3". You can complete it by doing another combo and doing "grab, 3" into whatever

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Just do it late timing. I saw people saying its 1f timing but no way. Do every throw late timing and you will get it. I can do it 10x in a row and my execution is crap so its def not a 1f window.

That said for the grappler variation... how exactly do you do combos? heh the launcher is in the other variation and I have no idea how to get any kinda real damage with jax.
With some practice, you can kind of see what frame to do the input on. I'm still iffy on the first one, but the second is right when their body is straight up from the suplex and the third is like, a frame after they hit the ground. If they were moving up when the next input hit, you got it.

Chrishaspads

With some practice, you can kind of see what frame to do the input on. I'm still iffy on the first one, but the second is right when their body is straight up from the suplex and the third is like, a frame after they hit the ground. If they were moving up when the next input hit, you got it.
Yeah I think after each throw it gets progressively easier to hit the timing. I definitely think the first one is the hardest

Losing all the tick grabs from quad grab is making me feel like Jax's pressure is far less scary in this variation. I think I might switch to the other variation so at least I'll have combos for when I finally do get hits.

How're you guys still feeling about quad grab variation? Seems like reads have to be too real sometimes

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Losing all the tick grabs from quad grab is making me feel like Jax's pressure is far less scary in this variation. I think I might switch to the other variation so at least I'll have combos for when I finally do get hits.

How're you guys still feeling about quad grab variation? Seems like reads have to be too real sometimes
But you get that sweet, safe on block OH punch move you can cancel into like, all of his strings on.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
How do u guys play the liu matchup? It's the matchup I feel like I'm struggling with the most tho I feel like I could be playing it wrong.

Not at all bro. I stagger that last overhead and condition so much that I can literally walk up and command grab if done right

But isn't his Ripped overhead just as safe as the stringed variant (both -7)? Albeit, it's definitely much slower but the payoff is a full combo.

Staggering the string overhead is actually a real good idea. Can open people up for command grab or even low starters.

Last edited: