What's new

Jax General Discussion

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Didn't have one of these yet, so here we go! So is it just me, or does Jax seem more setup based than combo/damage. Haven't had much lab time, but it seems like a lot of his strings don't combo into each other off of specials, so you are basically going for a tic throw, a gotcha grab for screen setup/position/restand or something to just build heat. Never played Jax before (or a grappler seriously, have a pocket Wald in UNIST), so don't know if this is his thing

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Just started labbing him, I see they made it so that your heat resets if you land a Krushing Blow, I guess that’s kind of fair because you could easy get some unga damage if you can catch your opponent with his forward throw after his skull crusher.

Just started labbing him, I see they made it so that your heat resets if you land a Krushing Blow, I guess that’s kind of fair because you could easy get some unga damage if you can catch your opponent with his forward throw after his skull crusher.
I'm totally fine with his heat resetting after the krushing blows, but I think his charged b2 krushing blow could add the same as a regular b2 because currently, it does nothing. It would make sense because, just from my day one experience, charged b2 krushing blow is a sick option after baiting a wake up, and that tiny bit of charge can make a difference

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So Jax with Expert Grappler, Ripped, and Duck&Weave is insane and incredibly fluid and fun. The combos and damage is crazy.

Shame it’s not competitive usable. Guess my Jax will live in playermatch and vs friends.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Hunker Down Jax has a pretty solid tick throw option in d3 along with d1 tho the latter only works if the opponent is stand blocking. Might be useful in discouraging the opponent into trying to counterpoke against him it seems.

Hunker Down Jax has a pretty solid tick throw option in d3 along with d1 tho the latter only works if the opponent is stand blocking. Might be useful in discouraging the opponent into trying to counterpoke against him it seems.
d1 only works if the opponent is stand blocking? are you sure cuz it works for me

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
d1 only works if the opponent is stand blocking? are you sure cuz it works for me
It's whiffed for me when the opponent decides to crouch block and not do anything after tho if they do a reversal it will hit them out of it (like sub zero's slide for example) I'll test it again later to be sure

It's whiffed for me when the opponent decides to crouch block and not do anything after tho if they do a reversal it will hit them out of it (like sub zero's slide for example) I'll test it again later to be sure
yeah let me know, I had the same exact thought and after someone told me it should work i noticed that it in fact did

i think NRS overnerfed jax quite a bit imo. i though Jax was really good even though you could OS all his mixups.
I think it was too early from NRS to do a nerf to anyone. Jax wasnt broken he was very very good now imo his just mid tier/low tier.

What are you guys doing after KB B2? in the corner im bust doing B2KB>F4 BF2
When I already have a little heat in my arms and want big damage: b2 krushing blow b1 d12 bf34 krushing blow

When I have no heat in my arms but want big damage: b2 krushing blow 12 d12 bf34 krushing blow

When I don't have bf34 krushing blow or want a restand: b2 krushing blow b1 d12 db1 1 1 1 1 4

Almost definitely not optimal, but its a start

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
When I already have a little heat in my arms and want big damage: b2 krushing blow b1 d12 bf34 krushing blow

When I have no heat in my arms but want big damage: b2 krushing blow 12 d12 bf34 krushing blow

When I don't have bf34 krushing blow or want a restand: When I want a restand: b2 krushing blow b1 d12 db1 1 1 1 1 4

Almost definitely not optimal, but its a start
Huh, didn't think about the double crushing blow damage, something to consider.

i think NRS overnerfed jax quite a bit imo. i though Jax was really good even though you could OS all his mixups.
I think it was too early from NRS to do a nerf to anyone. Jax wasnt broken he was very very good now imo his just mid tier/low tier.
Having some more lab time with him, I get where people say that, but I still think he's fine. I need to practice his other tic throw options though, D1xxquad grab is kind of tough for me on stick. Also, just a fun thing I was labbing yesterday: a full heat, KB quad grab does 410 damage.

Huh, didn't think about the double crushing blow damage, something to consider.

Having some more lab time with him, I get where people say that, but I still think he's fine. I need to practice his other tic throw options though, D1xxquad grab is kind of tough for me on stick. Also, just a fun thing I was labbing yesterday: a full heat, KB quad grab does 410 damage.
his fun but doesnt mean his good . a full heat KB quad alone does 400 dmg .. but so does a lot of characters like sub,baraka,scorpion and way easier requierements and inputs

I played shit ton of jax already and he has problem getting in because his F4 is not that fast and also doenst have good priority so his dash punch . f2 isnt great but better

he can easly get zone out unless you have heat missiles. a moment of silence for ma man Jax we wont ever see him in any top 8 Majors

NRS nerf to shit characters cause casuals dont lab and dont find a way to adapt they say its cheap then cry. when you can just backdash,neutral duck,jump,fb through the gaps or tick throws.

Even in MKX jax could F4 tick throw and jax was trash tier

mn_tercercine

you can call me blue cheese, because I am DRESSING
he can easly get zone out unless you have heat missiles. a moment of silence for ma man Jax we wont ever see him in any top 8 Majors
He definitely feels like an all or nothing character. You have to be very patient with zoners. We'll see where the meta goes.

For now I'm optimistic about Jax' viability due to there not being as many armor options in this game for the enemy to use to get out of pressure.

For now I'm maining Jax because I love his design as a rushdown/momentum character but I'm also trying out Geras as an alternative.

He definitely feels like an all or nothing character. You have to be very patient with zoners. We'll see where the meta goes.

For now I'm optimistic about Jax' viability due to there not being as many armor options in this game for the enemy to use to get out of pressure.

For now I'm maining Jax because I love his design as a rushdown/momentum character but I'm also trying out Geras as an alternative.
I'm the same. I'm a huge fan of his design.

I'm not a tournament level player, but I'm not sure why people start throwing around viability and tiers after 2 days.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Is there a better fast punish than 1,2,Gotcha? This i what i have been using to punish Scorps Amp teleport.