What's new

Jax | Gameplay&Combo Video Thread

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º

GAMEPLAY & COMBO VIDEO THREAD

Feel free to use this Place to Post Gameplay and Combo Videos which includes Jax Briggs.
When the Game Released and some Combo Video Content Pops up in this Thread
i will List it up here so that they will be easy to find.

"High Level" Tournament Play Matches
- ORDER FROM OLD TO NEW -

Last edited:

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
When my fingers stop being stiff i plan on comboing a popup into b1 full quad slam. Im new to dbf movements though

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
My variation has Rapped, Enhanced Grappler and the command grab.

What I've found so far:

f33db4MB f2throw (midscreen, builds heat)
f33db4MB 12 d1 f33dbf124 (corner)
f33db4MB 12 d1 f33df1 111114 (corner, restands)

EDIT: slightly changed combos as I changed variation.

Last edited:

ATIWAB

Noob
I've been playing with a fun 1-bar 31% with Jax that I haven't seen anyone else do yet.

You need Burning Hammer, Ground Shatter and Enhanced Outranked. You open with the first 4 hits of Enhanced Outranked, do a close Ground Shatter, then do an Amp'd burning hammer as your opponent is falling from the shatter.

There might be better starters than the Enhanced Outranked, but haven't really had time to mess with it too much.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I've been playing with a fun 1-bar 31% with Jax that I haven't seen anyone else do yet.

You need Burning Hammer, Ground Shatter and Enhanced Outranked. You open with the first 4 hits of Enhanced Outranked, do a close Ground Shatter, then do an Amp'd burning hammer as your opponent is falling from the shatter.

There might be better starters than the Enhanced Outranked, but haven't really had time to mess with it too much.

Pretty cool reset, but it's not an actual combo. The ground that launches is a low now, not an unblockable... for some reason.

Pistola de plata

Speak of the devil and he shall appear
The only way to get good combos with Jax is Duck and Weave not seen any good high damage with DB3.Really sad!!
With Breakaways the meta of this game will not be long combos anyway. So not every character needs to be about combos. Jax's playstyle is a lot of fun regardless. He has wall carry, option selects, tick throws, overhead/low mix ups that hard knockdown, good block pressure strings...etc..

That said, you can still get good damage with him. Military Bearing with Quad Grab is an easy 500+ dmg combo at least once per match.

Last edited:
GunShow put out a killer combo guide already for this beast. I think I might give him a try, because he looks fucking AWESOME.

I think it's worth mentioning that the second bnb in this video can do more damage and have easier timing...

f33 bf2 (AMP) dash cancel 22 d12 db1 1 1 1 1 3

There is a lot to find with dash cancels right now, and db1 1 1 1 1 3 always does more if you're not worried about switching sides.

With Breakaways the meta of this game will not be long combos anyway. So not every character needs to be about combos. Jax's playstyle is a lot of fun regardless. He has wall carry, option selects, tick throws, overhead/low mix ups that hard knockdown, good block pressure strings...etc..

That said, you can still get good damage with him. Military Bearing with Quad Grab is an easy 500+ dmg combo at least once per match.
Good Thanks for pointing that out you are correct!!

Pistola de plata

Speak of the devil and he shall appear
What option selects he has?
Speak about oh/low, you mean ender after f2, 22?
Sorry, its not a true option select like you would get in SF or anything.

What I meant to describe was his hit confirms are easy to recognize and you have different options on block and on hit.

He's F33, 1+2 for example.
Eventually a good opponent can punish or flawless block the overhead 1+2 grab after F33 on block but you can F33, BF2 to stop that and keep pressure on.

Same with his F2,1+2. Once players catch on and are finding the gap in the string you can either do F2, D4 for the low or do F2, BF2 for pressure.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads

Jax corner setup. Also, when you have fully heated arms, backthrow is pretty free since the opponent should always tech a forward throw bc that will give you a KB.

Here are a couple of mid-screen d2 Krushing Blow conversions (39% using 1 meter, 54% with a fatal blow finisher):

The rest of that PNDKetchup's vod is full of Jax gameplay/labbing!

DarthSatan666

Rock, Paper, Nut Punch

Just want to drop this quick 500 dmg corner combo I found. Not sure if it's been posted yet. This is the hunker down variation. It takes two bars but I had the gauge on refill just so i could quickly heat up first.

I was trying to do this combo starting off with duck and weave ampl to a quick step then 1,2 1,2 back, forward 3,4. My problem is that I can’t consistently the enemy in the air after the duck and weave pop up. Anyone else have that trouble?

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Idk if yall regularly deal out dmg, but in certain situations jax can get 47%+

kb popop dash 4quadgrabkb
47% without heated arms off b2
always 50%+ off d2 krushing blows.
i know i may be late to the party though, but it amazes my how easy a combo this is.