What's new

Jax buff thread (trigger warning) (scoop warning) (opprESSION sESSION)

I said less rewarding not shitty big difference
I said it before and I'm saying it now the only downside to Jax that he's weak in terms of zoning
So yeah I'm with you on this he needs to be in your face all the time ,
But while he's in your face one mistake and you have to guess again especially if you're in the corner
That's why they gave him a 9frames mid stagger
To be honest I'm Johnny cage player I was posting around how cage sucks but I released with time that cage is good , very good actually ,I just didn't know how to play him at his full potential , still don't know how to deal with certain match ups
(Cassie,Sonya ,Jade ,sendel) but my win rate is up from 35% to 68% (5000+ matches )once I knew that I have to get better
So don't ask for buffs ,learn to play your character at his fullest potential
Alot of players told me to drop cage as he's not for me ,and I should pick an easy one like subzero or scorpion ,but I didn't listen and thx to cage I play joker now and I'm becoming better and better with them
All I'm trying to say
I don't think Jax is gonna get any buffs atleast now ,so just learn your character to his fullest ,and keep one thing in mind up close he's a killing machine ,there is a reason why his kbs are limited to his heat
I've played Jax for sometime and I played Johnny
Jax is the only one other than lui that gives me hell once he closes the neutral gab between me and him
Lol getting a 68% winrate with Jax rather than Johnny cage would be agony. I can tell you why and it's because Johnny cage fits no archetype. He has good zoning and crazy rushdown. Jax only ticks one of those and doesn't get as much damage and plus pressure as Johnny cage still.

Hopefully there are Jax buffs this patch. Every person in the community says the same thing when mentioning any Jax adjustments; " he has a fast mid and hella kbs. He's op." Meanwhile you rarely see ppl play him online anymore cuz he keeps getting bad MU with each new character. Fujins 3rd variation from the kombat kast looks like itll lock down Jax's movement and you already know Robocop will zone him out.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Hopefully there are Jax buffs this patch. Every person in the community says the same thing when mentioning any Jax adjustments; " he has a fast mid and hella kbs. He's op." Meanwhile you rarely see ppl play him online anymore cuz he keeps getting bad MU with each new character. Fujins 3rd variation from the kombat kast looks like itll lock down Jax's movement and you already know Robocop will zone him out.
Each new character the game gets progressively more autofootsie, only exception is T800 but he more than makes up for it by being a busted rushdown character.

Yousef

Noob
Lol getting a 68% winrate with Jax rather than Johnny cage would be agony. I can tell you why and it's because Johnny cage fits no archetype. He has good zoning and crazy rushdown. Jax only ticks one of those and doesn't get as much damage and plus pressure as Johnny cage still.
Dude
Once Jax is in the opponents face your block button literally becomes d1

Yousef

Noob
"playing footsies" with dumb shit that doesn't let your opponent move. ex: joker with his rollerskate dashes, half screen disjointed buttons and his amp jack in the box. ex no.2: shang's db1. ex no.3: sindel with her half screen low launcher that's safe on block, 13f mid that's pushes back half screen.
Lol
Seriously they have to do something about joker's dashes and honestly speaking some characters have a massive push back on their hits, even tho the numbers shows that they are not safe but most of the characters can't punish it

Since this thread is active, can anyone tell me the point in ringer variation? Like what does it do that HD can't already do? Im asking because I wanna try it but my main fear is people d1/d3/d4ing me out of the 11f high starter in Ringer.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Since this thread is active, can anyone tell me the point in ringer variation? Like what does it do that HD can't already do? Im asking because I wanna try it but my main fear is people d1/d3/d4ing me out of the 11f high starter in Ringer.
um.. unblockable's pretty good. You can stagger the 11f high string assuming you don't get poked out, and then cancel into the unblockable ground pound and any of the 5 points. It's good on paper, but considering you have hardly any ways to jail the 11f high it's shit. what's actually plus enough to let you comfortably jail his 11f high? fuck all, that's what.