What's new

Jax Arcade Ending [Spoilers]

Chints

Noob
In the main story mode, Jax lives in paranoia and fear over things happening to Jacqui while she's out doing fighty war things. After all he was a revenant at some point and fears something bad would happen to her. Kronika approaches Jax and tells him that this life was not what she envisioned for him. He was supposed to be honorably discharged and live a happy, peaceful life with his wife. He would have many kids and none of them would see the horrors that he did. She tells him if he helps her, in the new timeline she will make all that happen.

In the arcade ending, he begins to change the timeline to suit this vision Kronika had for him. Raiden warns him that if he changes too much then he may never see meet his wife, never have Jacqui. But these things don't bother him because his version of events are far bigger than just him. He believes he's lived the American dream on the backs of his ancestors' sacrifices. He says he's not going to let it be centuries before "people turn woke."

He fails the first time around, the second time around but "the third time around I knock it out the damn park." He envisions and puts into place a timeline where slavery in America never happens, black people are welcomed at the shores and years down the line he is not only living in a racism free world, he also manages to meet Vera and have Jacqui.

"Turns out you can have everything. Anyone who tells you you can't, needs to dream bigger."

TL;DR Jax is Timelord Martin Lincoln King.

@DuskyDile

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
In the main story mode, Jax lives in paranoia and fear over things happening to Jacqui while she's out doing fighty war things. After all he was a revenant at some point and fears something bad would happen to her. Kronika approaches Jax and tells him that this life was not what she envisioned for him. He was supposed to be honorably discharged and live a happy, peaceful life with his wife. He would have many kids and none of them would see the horrors that he did. She tells him if he helps her, in the new timeline she will make all that happen.

In the arcade ending, he begins to change the timeline to suit this vision Kronika had for him. Raiden warns him that if he changes too much then he may never see meet his wife, never have Jacqui. But these things don't bother him because his version of events are far bigger than just him. He believes he's lived the American dream on the backs of his ancestors' sacrifices. He says he's not going to let it be centuries before "people turn woke."

He fails the first time around, the second time around but "the third time around I knock it out the damn park." He envisions and puts into place a timeline where slavery in America never happens, black people are welcomed at the shores and years down the line he is not only living in a racism free world, he also manages to meet Vera and have Jacqui.

"Turns out you can have everything. Anyone who tells you you can't, needs to dream bigger."

TL;DR Jax is Timelord Martin Lincoln King.

@DuskyDile
:D Well said, lol. THE WOKEST WOKE THAT'S EVER AWOKE. Rolled my eyes so hard I saw my medulla. But... could be worse I suppose.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
It sounded really dumb when I heard people talking about it but the way you described it, actually seeing it might not be that bad. I’m avoiding spoilers but this one can’t be missed apparently.

Chints

Noob
Honestly, it's not that bad. Dude basically makes it so that black people are welcomed when they hit the shores of the Americas instead of immediately bound and sold.

Is it kinda corny? Sure. Is it also kinda neat. Also yes. But isn't that pretty much the entire MK ethos? xD

stokedAF

casual kahnage
It amazes me that some people are upset that a black american with the ability to alter time decided to prevent slavery lol wtf?

And it's not even a canon ending or anything lol I don't get the outrage.
I don’t think it’s outrage as much as it is people rolling their eyes. At least from what I’ve seen.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I don’t think it’s outrage as much as it is people rolling their eyes. At least from what I’ve seen.
I don't recommend it but if you head over to gamefaqs there is a total shitstorm blasting through there over this. It's kind of insane. People legit getting into actual political arguments and stuff.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I don't recommend it but if you head over to gamefaqs there is a total shitstorm blasting through there over this. It's kind of insane. People legit getting into actual political arguments and stuff.
I doubt there’s any real politics involved. This will be the first ladder ending I go for. I want to know what the deal is lol.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
You underestimate the cesspool that is gamefaqs. Some guy already threw out the " Im tired of getting blamed for what my ancestors did " stuff...even though nothing in the ending even implies or touches on that lol
That’s not politics that’s history lol.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
That’s not politics that’s history lol.
Yeah I know, that was just an example of how worked up people are getting over it. I was going to link the original thread but it looks like it has been deleted (probably for the best lol) there were actually a few but it looks like they have been deleted as well. I am sure more are to come though lol

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yeah I know, that was just an example of how worked up people are getting over it. I was going to link the original thread but it looks like it has been deleted (probably for the best lol) there were actually a few but it looks like they have been deleted as well. I am sure more are to come though lol
I believe you, it’s cool lol. I saw a glimpse here in somebody’s profile post. It wasn’t serious like that but it’s easy to see why it would quickly devolve conversation. I got called a low key racist because I said it sounded dumb. I didn’t know Jax kept trying until he got it right though, it might not be as dumb as it sounded. I haven’t seen it yet.

It doesn’t take much to set people off lol. Trigger phrases like “woke” and the obligatory “you’re racist” rebuttal doesn’t make up for good discussion.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I believe you, it’s cool lol. I saw a glimpse here in somebody’s profile post. It wasn’t serious like that but it’s easy to see why it would quickly devolve conversation. I got called a low key racist because I said it sounded dumb. I didn’t know Jax kept trying until he got it right though, it might not be as dumb as it sounded. I haven’t seen it yet.

It doesn’t take much to set people off lol. Trigger phrases like “woke” and the obligatory “you’re racist” rebuttal doesn’t make up for good discussion.
Some guy said he should have been punished for it like on some Monkey's Paw type stuff lol idk man it was wild I was reading through it and it got the point where I had to just opt out, it devolved into a mess very quickly.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Some guy said he should have been punished for it like on some Monkey's Paw type stuff lol idk man it was wild I was reading through it and it got the point where I had to just opt out, it devolved into a mess very quickly.
Don’t blame you. I feel that post though, not that Jax “deserves it” but generally messing with time never turns out well. It makes shit worse in almost every instance lol. That’s why I thought it was dumb. But this thread said he failed multiple times before he got the future right again so it’s whatever.

Last edited:

Chints

Noob
For me, William Christopher Stevens as Jax just looks and sounds too cool for words like 'woke' to sound fake coming out of him. The narration is actually quite well done.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
For me, William Christopher Stevens as Jax just looks and sounds too cool for words like 'woke' to sound fake coming out of him. The narration is actually quite well done.
The trailer with ice cube was awesome. He even broke out the “me, myself and I” reference. I am 90s hip hop so I got a kick out of that regardless of the arcade ending. He looks fun to play too.

For those unaware lol...

ATIWAB

Noob
I really didn't and still don't understand how anyone has a problem with this ending.

"slavery is bad and if possible should've probably been prevented" isn't exactly a hot fucking take.