What's new

Jax’s f4 Bugged On Hit Vs Crouching Opponents

Hey Guys,

Fellow Jax main here, why if you set the dummy to mash d1 and you hit them with a f4 on counter hit f4 is actually -5~-6. Is this a bug or intended to create a metagame with his special cancel mid bf 2, which done after a delay counter hits them for pushing buttons. I can’t see why a button ever should be negative on hit lol. Here is a link to a visual representation in training.

Last edited:
Ok, this is weird so I found if you hit an opponent who is just crouching with f4, it puts you at -6. It has nothing to do with a counter hit, also it seems like on block and hit that f4 jails you in whatever state that you were previously in. For the f4 2 follow up if you hit them while they are crouch blocking or crouching you are faked, and negative when f4 hits, this doesn’t seem right at all. Someone help!

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Ok this is weird so I found if you hit an opponent who is just crouching with f4 it puts you at -6 it has nothing to do with counter hit also it seems like on block and hit that f4 jails you in whatever state that you were previously in for the f4 2 follow up so they are crouch blocking or you hit them crouching you are faked for the f4 2 follow up and negative when f4 hits this doesn’t seem right at all. Someone help!
Punctuation goes a long way!

But yes, it seems you are right. His f4 is -6 on hit and the follow up 2 whiffs on hit against crouching opponents. I wonder if it's some weird balance thing but it doesn't seem right, hopefully it gets cleaned up in a patch.

Last edited:
Ya, a little punctuation would make that more readable. It's not a bug, it's just another shit hitbox, a 'shitbox' if you will.

Agreed punctuation was off, didn’t really think of it at the time. But if any of you have contact with the guys at NRS, please feel free to send them this thread. Hopefully, it will be fixed and I can start posting tech and not unpunctuated paragraphs about bugs!

Last edited:
It definitely shouldn't lock the opponent in a state. It just messes up the entire string, if they are crouching and you want the f4 2 you should be able to get that off of a hit with f4. Right now if you hit them crouching with f4 your negative -6 and if you commit to the 2 on hit or block you can get d2 KB’d. The only good thing I find with the stance lock is that if you can force your opponent to stand block in the neutral you can be either +1 or +9 on block. When they go back to crouching b2 but its kinda reactable lol. NRS plz...