What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Opening this thread once he is released.

I'm also maintaining the Shinnok and Takeda General Discussion threads, so any help is appreciated as my plate will be fairly full for awhile.

I'll try and keep this OP as neat and clean as possible with tons of info and links!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Thread opened!

Just got to use him for like 20 minutes. Can't really say much other than he's pretty fun to use so far. I won't be able to get on tomorrow hardly at all, so please explore him asap while I'm working!

Falkunn

Your dad's tournament demon
Been trying him out so far, love him. Find him a bit sluggish at first, but he has a hell of a lot of pressure. I'd like to see what people find out in terms of tech later down the line.

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
Posted this in the combo thread, you can skip his killing machine cooldown by confirming into xray while the buff is active. Yeah its all your meter, but i don't think its a bad thing. I'll upload a vid in abit

Anybody else wanting to see a Freddy vs Jason or 2009 re-boot alt? Kinda surprised they didn't go with one of those in the first place instead of the costume we have.
Agreed, seems like a greatlly missed opportunity for Jason X/ FvJ/ 09 Reboot
Having a blast playing him though!

Agreed, seems like a greatlly missed opportunity for Jason X/ FvJ/ 09 Reboot
Having a blast playing him though!
Jason X would be funny to see and that's 'cause it's goofy looking in my opinion. If it happens, that's cool, but I personally am not a fan of that design.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Aaay, folks. Thought I'd post a couple Jason tidbits for you.

One is a command grab setup utilizing a hard knockdown string(3,2) into his damage buff. This setup is used in Unstoppable, of course:

Lastly, I've got another one to show that Pursuit setups will generally lose out to fast moving special moves, and probably teleports. Granted, there will be a period of folks trying to figure out how to do moves on reversed controls, but this point stands:

Notice the inputs on the side. Jason can't do anything until the animation of Pursuit ends.

Jason X would be funny to see and that's 'cause it's goofy looking in my opinion. If it happens, that's cool, but I personally am not a fan of that design.
Same, not my favorite. Was hoping one variation would have his more zombie/corpse like appearance from the older films. Reboot would be a nice costume

jon

Noob
I'd like his design. Would be cool to see one alt be JasonX and another alt be the burlap sack from Friday the 13th Part 2 (Jason's first appearance as the killer). Something from like Jason Goes to Hell or the later films where his body is kinda rotted would be cool too.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
His damage is crazy wtf, I'm doing basic ass shit and getting around 40% meterless midscreen >____>

And he has an X-ray Brutality, I'm jizzin buckets right now ^o^

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Same way Freddy was doing like 54-62% mid screen for one bar when he dropped in MK9. Sorry but I feel pity for no one who thought that Jason wouldn't show up soaked in bullshit.

That being said it's pushing 3 AM and still no Jason/horror costumes for my game. Anyone in the northeast/new england area have him yet?

Problem is see with Jason is there really isn't a reason to block low unless he is in your face (Max F42 range is pretty weak).

His F3 overhead is pretty good as he goes really far forward and is like -1 on block. Get the knockdown and you can start some offense.

The armor shit seems crazy on paper but if you don't knock them far away by cool down you are getting a full punish.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Aaay, folks. Thought I'd post a couple Jason tidbits for you.

One is a command grab setup utilizing a hard knockdown string(3,2) into his damage buff. This setup is used in Unstoppable, of course:

Lastly, I've got another one to show that Pursuit setups will generally lose out to fast moving special moves, and probably teleports. Granted, there will be a period of folks trying to figure out how to do moves on reversed controls, but this point stands:

Notice the inputs on the side. Jason can't do anything until the animation of Pursuit ends.
Have you tryied to wakeup with ex Slide yourself to see if the inputs are not scrambled upon activation?