What's new

Breakthrough Jason Mamoa confirmed as AQUAMAN in 'BATMAN V SUPERMAN'

I see weird.. Its the fight scene where the guy you hate as Aquaman plays Khal Drogo and rips a guys toungue out clean ... try this one (its different tho)
Never said i hated him....just think he's a shitty actor lol welp.....at this point im not trying to sway people's opinions just stating what i think. If he's good as aquaman then....damn im gonna hold dat for a while haha i mean bautista proved me wrong in guardians of the galaxy, so we'll see :D

I get that he's portraiyed as a bad ass but look at him... Hes like 5'7 (probably listed as 5'11 with shoe lifts on for Hollywood) and definitley is no more than 165 lbs... That does not embody Aquaman.
well i met him at dragon con , he actually is 5' 11 or maybe 6', i didn't measure him but im 5' 10 and he was way taller than me lol That show was also ended a year and a half ago i believe. He's gotten much more swoleand cut now lol

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Jason is a pretty terrible actor, hopefully Synder can get something out of him.

As for hating on Ben as Batman, its probably one of the best castings theres ever been for Batman. At 6'4 he will easily be the most intimidating Batman to date, he looks like comic Bruce and hes a solid actor.

I get peoples hate for Gal because when she was cast she was super thin but now after Comic Con seeing that shes put on some meat and still has much more time to get cut up before filming I'm not worried.

Jason is a pretty terrible actor, hopefully Synder can get something out of him.

As for hating on Ben as Batman, its probably one of the best castings theres ever been for Batman. At 6'4 he will easily be the most intimidating Batman to date, he looks like comic Bruce and hes a solid actor.

I get peoples hate for Gal because when she was cast she was super thin but now after Comic Con seeing that shes put on some meat and still has much more time to get cut up before filming I'm not worried.
well you gotta remember, the back story for batman in this one is that he's at least 50 years old and pretty much retired. I don't think he's gonna have much of an intimidating factor?? Honestly, we'll all just have to wait and see what will happen. I just hope that if they actually do fight fist to fist and not using bat drones or anything. They use the quote from the dark knight returns story. One of the best quotes eveerrrrr

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

Ben actually looks pretty awesome in that costume, the more I look at it.

IF THEY WOULD JUST FIX THAT STUPID LOGO!!!! :(

RapZiLLa54

well you gotta remember, the back story for batman in this one is that he's at least 50 years old and pretty much retired. I don't think he's gonna have much of an intimidating factor?? Honestly, we'll all just have to wait and see what will happen. I just hope that if they actually do fight fist to fist and not using bat drones or anything. They use the quote from the dark knight returns story. One of the best quotes eveerrrrr
That was all rumors. Reports are hes in his early 40s and hes still the mysterious legend to the criminals. The only way I see drones coming into play is if he uses them in a fight against Superman when hes wearing his mech suit (man, I wish they'd release that godlike teaser from SDCC in HD already) or vs Lex stuff.

My question is more if Mamoa can handle a lead role if they eventually do an Aquaman standalone film.

Same with the other characters, like Gal Gadot. They're good enough for the part- and I'm sure they'll do well- but these are both actors/actresses that haven't done many lead roles; Marvel had to ensure that every actor/actress they picked for the Avengers team could do their own movie before they put em all together.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
ive seen him in two movies....dude is a horrible actor lol they mainly picked him b/c he has an islander look.
Then he's going to fit right in with this horrible movie.

Seriously though, I think he's a fine choice physically. He'll need blonde hair and they'll probably go with the long-haired, bearded version of Arthur (which I find to be badass).

This movie is going to be an absolute clusterfuck. DC is desperately trying to catch up to Marvel in the cinematic universe and they're rushing things. This movie went from being Man of Steel 2, to Superman vs Batman.....to basically a Justice League movie. I have zero faith.

Keep in mind, I love DC and prefer the characters over Marvel, but aside from the Dark Knight trilogy, DC movies have been awful. Their cartoons are fucking amazing, though. I just watched Son of Batman recently and loved it.

So yeah...this movie will suck but I will see it. Aquaman is a badass, so I'm hoping he's at least portrayed as such in this movie.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
My question is more if Mamoa can handle a lead role if they eventually do an Aquaman standalone film.

Same with the other characters, like Gal Gadot. They're good enough for the part- and I'm sure they'll do well- but these are both actors/actresses that haven't done many lead roles; Marvel had to ensure that every actor/actress they picked for the Avengers team could do their own movie before they put em all together.
Well Gal has already been signed to a three movie deal, Superman vs Batman being one of them. I really hope she has the chops to play a leading lady.

Then he's going to fit right in with this horrible movie.

Seriously though, I think he's a fine choice physically. He'll need blonde hair and they'll probably go with the long-haired, bearded version of Arthur (which I find to be badass).

This movie is going to be an absolute clusterfuck. DC is desperately trying to catch up to Marvel in the cinematic universe and they're rushing things. This movie went from being Man of Steel 2, to Superman vs Batman.....to basically a Justice League movie. I have zero faith.

Keep in mind, I love DC and prefer the characters over Marvel, but aside from the Dark Knight trilogy, DC movies have been awful. Their cartoons are fucking amazing, though. I just watched Son of Batman recently and loved it.

So yeah...this movie will suck but I will see it. Aquaman is a badass, so I'm hoping he's at least portrayed as such in this movie.
You should watch Assault on Arkham, i think that is the best DC animated film in a while.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26

I guess Ill start looking at it with a Glass Half Full outlook.. I do usually give ppl the chance to prove doubters wrong...

Not to stray of the Aquaman talk to much but I definitely think Gina Carano would have been the greatest cast for WoWo of all time.. She embodies WoWo and definitley looks the part of a badass

I also wonder which take on Aquaman we'll have.

New 52 Aquaman, or "Pre-52" Aquaman.

The character became 100x better in New 52. Just really well written and really well developed. But because that's a relatively recent thing, I'm not sure if they'll still be using the old insufferably regal Aquaman as opposed to the new down-to-earth Aquadude.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Fuck whoever in DC that made this happen. Making a Superman vs Batman film and stuffing it with all the JL members is a retarded idea.

RapZiLLa54

I guess Ill start looking at it with a Glass Half Full outlook.. I do usually give ppl the chance to prove doubters wrong...

Not to stray of the Aquaman talk to much but I definitely think Gina Carano would have been the greatest cast for WoWo of all time.. She embodies WoWo and definitley looks the part of a badass
Hell no. I mean crap people are giving Gal a hard time at 5'10, did you see how small Gina was standing next to Gal in Fast&Furious? Also Gina's acting ability is horrifying. I'm not saying Gal is an A-lister but at least she shows you she has ability there. Aside from a fight scene, Gina can't talk. Plus I'd rather take Ronda Rousey over Gina.