What's new

Video/Tutorial - Unstoppable Jason is officialy fixed. Secret buffs and more!

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
So the patch has just released and has fixed all of the problems with Jason that were considered bugs or things that were not meant to be in the game. First of all, they fixed the hit box on his mid, b1, so now it hits all hit boxes. Second, they increased the hit box on tight squeeze, which also fixes the issue where the opponent can just let go of block to avoid the grab. This makes b1 tight squeeze much more effective.
This also prevents a lot of characters from d3ing in the middle of an armored tight squeeze to make it whiff.
All of these buffs, including the choke buff, also make executing combos with Jason much easier.

Video footage coming soon!
@Hidan
@Juggs

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Can you test out this change and see where it's applicable?

• Jason (Relentless) - reduced the recovery frames on Dark Pursuit (enhanced) to 54 (down from 106)
Supposedly it's fast enough to get out safely off f3, jump kicks, etc. It's not as big as what you've been showing but it could be useful.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I am sooooo happy. I hated how everyone just low profile Jason and that was it, no command grabs! And b1.... YES! I'm very, very happy now :)

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Great stuff, odd seeing Jason do anything outside b122 and 111's in combos, nice to see some use from those strings outside hitting f2 after a jump in lol.

The b1 looks amazing now, could you always uppercut neutral jumps after a whiffed tight squeeze? I honestly never tried for some reason, slipped my mind since so few people ever get out when I do a tick grab. Really cool stuff.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Can you test out this change and see where it's applicable?

• Jason (Relentless) - reduced the recovery frames on Dark Pursuit (enhanced) to 54 (down from 106)
Supposedly it's fast enough to get out safely off f3, jump kicks, etc. It's not as big as what you've been showing but it could be useful.
The following make Dark Pursuit safe on hit (I have tested them all):

B122, 23, 24, F3, B2, all jump in kicks, and all neutral jump punches

edit: You can also end your combos in 111 and safely activate Dark Pursuit . . . which is awesome

Last edited:

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
It's supposed to, they explained it in the Kombat Kast. When you revive, it takes your meter, and however much you had, it turns it into health. So if you ha an XRay, you'd get 30 percent back.
Well still if you can't determine how many bars you want to spend, or any at all, it's almost always bad

E

Eldriken

Being able to press buttons almost as soon as you crack your neck when using EX Dark Pursuit is great. It was seriously needed.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Great stuff, odd seeing Jason do anything outside b122 and 111's in combos, nice to see some use from those strings outside hitting f2 after a jump in lol.

The b1 looks amazing now, could you always uppercut neutral jumps after a whiffed tight squeeze? I honestly never tried for some reason, slipped my mind since so few people ever get out when I do a tick grab. Really cool stuff.
Any neutral jump that is not Quan Chi's, Kung Jin's, Erron Black's, Ferra Torr, and Takeda, you can d2 after a whiffed tick throw and hit them before they can do anything. Only Quan Chi can punish the tick throw with a neutral jump punch.