What's new

Breakthrough - Jason Voorhees Jason In Patch 10/4/2016

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Seems like Slasher corner combos may have changed a little. Still seems like a strong variation but maybe outclassed by Unstoppable?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hey guys, I have a quick question. Is the string b12 at any point punishable ? What is the best defense in scenario where Jamson rushing like a psycho with this string ?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey guys, I have a quick question. Is the string b12 at any point punishable ? What is the best defense in scenario where Jamson rushing like a psycho with this string ?
If he whiffs the whole string, that's when you can whiff punish. B1/B12 is his go to stagger so keep that in mind and the full string is minus enough to consistently have your turn. It's safe at all points tho. Keep the B1/B12 stagger in mind (it's about as good as old Piercing's stagger with identical buttons too)

Saltea Moonspell

Dude, its almost impossible to do a whiff punish on string that has such forward advancing properties - thats A.
B - I asked about punishing the string on block.

My turn, but my turn ends when he dose ex choke because that shit armored, so while he is at minus frame and while its my turn he is still able to fuck me over for trying punishing him, is that correct or perhaps I am missing something here ? I dont have Jason and I dont play Jason and I was not able to find quickly anything about it.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Dude, its almost impossible to do a whiff punish on string that has such forward advancing properties - thats A.

My turn, but my turn ends when he dose ex choke because that shit armored, so while he is at minus frame and while its my turn he is still able to fuck me over for trying punishing him, is that correct or perhaps I am missing something here ? I dont have Jason and I dont play Jason and I was not able to find quickly anything about it.
Low profile pokes work pretty nicely vs Jason, but ultimately you need a higher hit box mid to compete with it (like Tremor's f2).

CrazyFingers

The armored choke is a high so you can neutral duck and punish that. But if he goes for EX Slash (where he starts slicing everywhere and walking forward) you can jump that and whiff punish after you land. It's basically just a game of "what armor and when" it's annoying tho for sure, I have played the matchup to death.

Saltea Moonspell

The armored choke is a high so you can neutral duck and punish that. But if he goes for EX Slash (where he starts slicing everywhere and walking forward) you can jump that and whiff punish after you land. It's basically just a game of "what armor and when" it's annoying tho for sure, I have played the matchup to death.

I have to play Unstoppable Jamson beside me. This mu just makes want to drop the game. I feel really bad plying this psycho.

Saltea Moonspell

He's definitely annoying and strong. Just have to play it patiently and look for your moment.
What is "your moment" when ? Like I know I have to wait when Lao spins, Jax dose dash punch, A list runs out of stamina or go for 114 (gap) and so on... what's my moment you talk about ?

CrazyFingers

What is "your moment" when ? Like I know I have to wait when Lao spins, Jax dose dash punch, A list runs out of stamina or go for 114 (gap) and so on... what's my moment you talk about ?
F42 (Low Overhead string) is punishable (Kung Lao's B1 should punish it clean) reading a choke on wakeup or as a counter poke and punishing that. Whiff punishing EX Slashes. Eventually when you punish Armor enough (by making it whiff) the opponent will most likely stop doing it so much so then it'll be your turn after their negative frames which should relieve some of the pressure you have to deal with.

Saltea Moonspell

F42 (Low Overhead string) is punishable (Kung Lao's B1 should punish it clean) reading a choke on wakeup or as a counter poke and punishing that. Whiff punishing EX Slashes. Eventually when you punish Armor enough (by making it whiff) the opponent will most likely stop doing it so much so then it'll be your turn after their negative frames which should relieve some of the pressure you have to deal with.
Thanks !

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Are u speaking of slasher or the other two? Rele tles and unstoppables b122 (the advancing mid) is -8 if i recall correctly. It's also easilylow profiled

Saltea Moonspell

Are u speaking of slasher or the other two? Rele tles and unstoppables b122 (the advancing mid) is -8 if i recall correctly. It's also easilylow profiled
Holly Mother of Jesus! If that's correct, I should be able to punish it it 7f normal !!!
I speak about the other two.

Saltea Moonspell

I dont think though I can low profile that string with KL d4, but I will look into that punishers.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
He is not talking about Slasher.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
It is what it is. Pre patch Jason was good just no one talked about him but he wasn't top 5...he's top 5 now no question. He's come a LONG way from release.
I dunno I think he was very close to top 5 before the patch too but ill refrain from commenting on it too much as I don't know the character/matchups.

Either way he was/is pretty dumb and definitely hasn't been mid tier or less for a long bloody time.