What's new

Breakthrough - Jason Voorhees Jason In Patch 10/4/2016

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
  • Jason - Down+FP is now -4 on block (down from -2)
  • Jason - Choke Slam & Temple Slam now have 2 hits of armor
  • Jason (Slasher) - Bloodlust & Shoulder Charge now have 2 hits of armor
  • Jason (Slasher) - added 5 recovery frames to and increased combo damage scaling on Shoulder Push
  • Jason (Relentless) - Blood Mist now has 3 hits of armor
  • Jason (Unstoppable) - Jason will now properly resurrect when killed by the second hit of Predator's Scimitar Stab
  • Jason (Unstoppable) - Fixed a bug where an opponent could lose a round if they had a damage over time effect which cannot kill active on them while Jason resurrected
All in all, we should be happy. Welcome to top tier boys.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
  • Jason - Down+FP is now -4 on block (down from -2)
  • Jason - Choke Slam & Temple Slam now have 2 hits of armor
  • Jason (Slasher) - Bloodlust & Shoulder Charge now have 2 hits of armor
  • Jason (Slasher) - added 5 recovery frames to and increased combo damage scaling on Shoulder Push
  • Jason (Relentless) - Blood Mist now has 3 hits of armor
  • Jason (Unstoppable) - Jason will now properly resurrect when killed by the second hit of Predator's Scimitar Stab
  • Jason (Unstoppable) - Fixed a bug where an opponent could lose a round if they had a damage over time effect which cannot kill active on them while Jason resurrected
All in all, we should be happy. Welcome to top tier boys.
He was top and basically got only buffs.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
I love that Blood Mist buff. Very nice.
I'm curious because of the 5 extra recovery frames on Shoulder Push does Slasher lose some of his combos now??

Also, those resurrection fixes :) However I think those side-switches on resurrection haven't been touched. We'll find out tomorrow!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
seems cool now, but watched, he'll probably get hotfixed to oblivion.

also slasher can't get his shoulder charge combo's in the corner anymore im guessing.

(SLASHER)
I'm confused. There are those saying that his potential combos post shoulder charge in the corner are no more but one note in the variation states that combos post shoulder charge are now going to be damage scaled since he had really high damage as a result.

On top of that, he just has 5 more recovery added after hit.

So we can still do shoulder charge combos in the corner, right or wrong?

CrazyFingers

(SLASHER)
I'm confused. There are those saying that his potential combos post shoulder charge in the corner are no more but one note in the variation states that combos post shoulder charge are now going to be damage scaled since he had really high damage as a result.

On top of that, he just has 5 more recovery added after hit.

So we can still do shoulder charge combos in the corner, right or wrong?
Well we will have to wait and find out now wont we?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hes gonna be new Boss around here. Really Unstopable...
But i guess we will come around somehow. Though those changes are wicked sick!

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Well, during Jason's reveal kombat kast, they did say he had armour, and lots of it. They didn't disappoint with that philosophy!

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Wait, is this real life? Jason is considered good now? Lol I haven't played much since like December (and a small bit when KP2 came out) and back then Jason was struggling hard.

Is my boy viable now?

CrazyFingers

Wait, is this real life? Jason is considered good now? Lol I haven't played much since like December (and a small bit when KP2 came out) and back then Jason was struggling hard.

Is my boy viable now?
Welcome! Time to cut some bitches and squeeze em dead!

CrazyFingers

Has he (Slasher in particular) really improved that much since December/January? No lie, back then he was literally considered the worst in the game by many if my memory serves correct lol
I was there man. I remember when he was terrible and I'm here to tell you Slasher is super strong. B1 is possibly the best normal in the whole game at this point.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain

Is my boy viable now?
I'm sorry to say that you've been missing out, my friend. Jason has been a high mid tier character since the big February patch. In particular, Unstoppable has been commonly regarded as potential low high tier material, since then. IMO, Slasher is still likely his weakest variation, overall, but it's comfortably mid tier and absolutely viable.