What's new

Strategy - Jason Voorhees The Jason Armor Discussion Thread

Falkunn

Your dad's tournament demon
A [Hopefully not] flawed version of Jason's setup into the armour. Bear in mind, this was within an hour of his release, and it was 6am in the UK here. Just thought it made sense.

Either way, feedback would be appreciated. I have put other info and inputs in the video description.

{First post on TYM too, so pls no hate ;-;}

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
The recovery though, damn you'lre going to need a hard knck down and at least 40% to make it worth doing. Interesting video though

Falkunn

The recovery though, damn you'lre going to need a hard knck down and at least 40% to make it worth doing. Interesting video though
I understand where you're coming from. That was the most damage I could get off of with the shoulder (it's quite a weak ender) and keeps them back so you're at a safe distance against wakeup options, allowing you to get the armour. I'll see if I can find higher damage alternatives and be sure to post them.

End in shoulder charge or backdash maybe?
I like to end in shoulder charge. Knocks them 3/4 - fullscreen and gets the knockdown with enough distance for you to guarantee the setup. I'll see what I can do in terms of hard knockdowns, but the start up frames are a tad hefty before you ACTUALLY get the armour...if that makes sense. :p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
A [Hopefully not] flawed version of Jason's setup into the armour. Bear in mind, this was within an hour of his release, and it was 6am in the UK here. Just thought it made sense.

Either way, feedback would be appreciated. I have put other info and inputs in the video description.

{First post on TYM too, so pls no hate ;-;}
Great video

I am recording episode 3 today of armory and it will have a guaranteed setup of what you set out to accomplish :)

E

Eldriken

Great video

I am recording episode 3 today of armory and it will have a guaranteed setup of what you set out to accomplish :)
Ohhhh, goodie. I'm looking forward to it considering I may be replacing Jacqui with Jason. Gotta have my rushdown fix, y'know. :O

Falkunn

I also think the most important setups are going to be ending combos right before it wears off with an ender that makes it unpunishable.
For sure. I'm working to see what I can find in terms of that, without having to burn the X-Ray. It's quite a safe setup if you take the 2 bars for Breaker into account, but the likliness of you getting full combo punished after this setup is quite minimal. You won't take that much damage.

Ending a combo with 112(in the slasher variation) and then doing killing machine immediately after seems like the better choice. Its safe against Reptile's 7frame wakeup, its a hard knock down and leaves you at a preferable range.

Edit: also works against reptiles 6 frame wake up

Last edited:

ridianfable

Of the Badlands
Good stuff, learning how to use armor effectively is gonna be what players are gonna have to work around once his week 1 gimmicks run out.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
This thread was already made, and the setup really you should go for is F42, F42 Shoulder Charge armour, it leaves you safe.
In the corner just do F42 NJ2 F42 and armour up, should be safe on that too, but setting it up isn't the hard part, the part we need to utilize is not getting rekt when we're asleep, the only safe way out seems to be X-Ray or full screen against a character with no TP

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
This thread was already made, and the setup really you should go for is F42, F42 Shoulder Charge armour, it leaves you safe.
In the corner just do F42 NJ2 F42 and armour up, should be safe on that too, but setting it up isn't the hard part, the part we need to utilize is not getting rekt when we're asleep, the only safe way out seems to be X-Ray or full screen against a character with no TP
I've been doing this to help with sleep. F42 f42 f42 d2 db2, let them deal with the flying machete while I rest up.