What's new

Tech - Relentless Jason Armor Glitch

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I don't think this should stay in the game because this clearly is a bug and not what nrs had in mind when making this move.

E

Eldriken

I don't think this should stay in the game because this clearly is a bug and not what nrs had in mind when making this move.
Even if it does stay, knowing the EXACT frame his armor's gonna go away is so effing difficult to time that it's probably not gonna be humanly possible to do this regularly. I could see them removing this from the game if using an interactable within the last 20-30 frames of the armor's duration caused you to not "fall asleep". But given that's not the case, this isn't gamebreaking.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Even if it does stay, knowing the EXACT frame his armor's gonna go away is so effing difficult to time that it's probably not gonna be humanly possible to do this regularly. I could see them removing this from the game if using an interactable within the last 20-30 frames of the armor's duration caused you to not "fall asleep". But given that's not the case, this isn't gamebreaking.
I realise it's incredibly difficult and isn't game breaking but as it's not how the move is intended to work it shouldn't work. That's what I think anyway :)

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Yeah, I've accidentally done this before in a real match. Several of us on here realized it was a thing a while ago, but it's good to see a video of it for everyone. Good job. Before anyone gets too excited: As others have already pointed out, it's incredibly hard to actually intentionally use in a real match, because you have to press the interactable button on the very last active frame of killing machine. Good luck consistently doing that, while also worrying about inflicting as much damage as you possiblly can with killing machine active AND positioning yourself within range of an interactable. There are just too many variables for this to be practical.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
That's awesome lol

Idk if its intended or not, but if you have that activated and somebody uses a combo breaker on you, is also gets rid of the cool down. Idk if its timing specific or not though, I just know I was playing an endless tower with Relentless, used the armor buff, and when the AI used a breaker I didn't have any cool down at all.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
That's awesome lol

Idk if its intended or not, but if you have that activated and somebody uses a combo breaker on you, is also gets rid of the cool down. Idk if its timing specific or not though, I just know I was playing an endless tower with Relentless, used the armor buff, and when the AI used a breaker I didn't have any cool down at all.
Yeah, that's also been known for a while, but it has long been assumed that it was intended. And, as you would expect, no one uses combo-breaker with killing-machine activated, unless it's to save the round.

E

Eldriken

That would be tight.

Am I crazy for actually thinking that is fair??? (Especially, given the current state of the character?)
Nope. Wanna know what would be unfair? Being able to wakeup with EX Killing Machine and having armor on it. HUUUUUUUUUUE