What's new

Jailing Pressure Off D1 on Hit

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Amidst all the doom and gloom, crying, and buff threads from all the character communities that are not Bladam, Supes, Aqua etc I would like to share some recent Bane developements that I find to be extremely important to his nuetral game in terms of confirming into safe pressure without venom usage.

Bane's D1 on hit is +17. This means that from point blank he can jail a D2 tick or a B2 or B1. However mlst times when playing footsies with D1 these options are out of range and require you to walk forward first which then creates a gap for them to backdash out. The ever popular D1 on hit then command grab also has a gap to backdash/jump out of. What Bane can do tho is slightly walk forward and then S1 (9 frame start up) and have it completely jail even from max D1 range.

As you can see when I record Bane doing D1 walk forward 112D2 against me controlling joker you cannot mash out at all. You also cannot duck the S1 even thougg it is a high because the D1 on hit restands the opponent.

So what does this give Bane? Lots of options he can confirm into based on whether the opponent respects the jailing 11 and blocks it or does not and gets hit by the 11

Options on hit:

- 112D3 for corner carry midscreen or cross up set ups in corner and HKD
- 112Dxxcommand grab or elbow for HKD (charge for HKD with side switch)
- 112Dxxring toss for meterless max damage and side switch
-112Dxxmb venom upper for 1 bar max damage
- 112Dxxmb b3 for big 2 bar damage combo
- 112Dxxsuper

Options on block:

- 112D2 or 113 for plus frames
- 112D xx command grab tick throw
- 112 xx dash cancel (safe which means they guess on raw armor after)

As you can see, this can also be applied on oki to catch backdashes. The D1 is a true punish on the backdashes recovery after the invincible frames are gone, then just jail into the 11 check and confirm into the options stated above.

And the best part about all of this? Once they have been conditioned to sit there and block the gaurunteed S1 it only opens them up further to the usual great Bane options like raw grab, B1/B2 shimmies, and raw F2D. This when combined with the D1 tick OS on block makes Bane's D1 his best move in nuetral by far.

@Doombawkz
@Chakk dizzle
@UGL Black Preon
@chief713
@PND OmegaK
@RYX
@TrulyAmiracle
@TheJaquio
@other Banes Im too lazy to tag

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Nice stuff, man. I don't hate Bane much this time around, so I won't hate on new tech for him. =P

E

Eldriken

Just be glad this isnt another buff thread...

I feel like Im the only Bane grinding it out still. Def the only one liking him in I2 more than I1...
You're one of like three Bane players that I come across. Keep grinding it out, dude. I personally feel it's a fun af MU (for now =P).

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
Nice find, the "restand" is really neat, it'll be put to good use.
Also I agree Bane's much more fun this time around.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Can you backdash the 112? After the 11?
Yes but then I could just cancel the 2 and dash with you and, depending on the characters backdash, punish the backdash with 11 into full combo. I should actually add the list of characters whose backdash can be phnished by that to the op

Hey awesome work. I don't play the character but its awesome you guys are finding new stuff. I might not like it later tho lol i played omegas bane and it felt like he needs something honestly

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Also, it looks like due to 1 being a high; certain characters can use their good D2s into special, to make this significantly weaker for certain matches. So far it's only been Scarecrow and Aquaman's D2>TR