What's new

Video/Tutorial - Ninjitsu JagoBlake's Post-Patch Analysis of Ninjutsu Scorpion (10/4/2016)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I've just released a video analysis of how I feel Ninjutsu Scorpion will hold up in the latest version of Mortal Kombat XL.

First time I ever did something like this. I hope it goes well.

Additional details I didn't include in the video are the following:

- with the removal of armored launchers, Scorpion's EX Teleport no longer obtains armor if done as a wake-up attack.

- among the enhanced attacks to receive two hits of armor, the EX Takedown is one of them.

- Scorpion's offense was enhanced in some aspects and slightly worsened in others, but his weaknesses as a defensive character become more apparent if he loses the neutral.

I hope you guys enjoy! Feel free to leave feedback.

Matix218

Get over here!
Great stuff Blake.

I think overall Ninjutsu is in a better place post patch as far as how he matches up with the rest of the cast with the universal system changes. I actually think that he is one of the scariest characters in the game to approach at this point from the opponent's perspective.

I am really enjoying the character right now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Great stuff Blake.

I think overall Ninjutsu is in a better place post patch as far as how he matches up with the rest of the cast with the universal system changes. I actually think that he is one of the scariest characters in the game to approach at this point from the opponent's perspective.

I am really enjoying the character right now.
i share the same opinion

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Also, the jump attacks nerfs, buffed scorpion anti-airs in general, s3 cannot longer be ignored, anyone going for a jump at scorpion at any range now is like asking to get anti aired. If you hate jump ins, you may want to pick scorpion, people will jump way less at you.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Also, the jump attacks nerfs, buffed scorpion anti-airs in general, s3 cannot longer be ignored, anyone going for a jump at scorpion at any range now is like asking to get anti aired. If you hate jump ins, you may want to pick scorpion, people will jump way less at you.
Scorps S3 has to be a top 5 AA it is so godlike

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Scorps S3 has to be a top 5 AA it is so godlike
7 frames, good range and hitbox, its super plus on hit or block in the ground, and moves his most vulnerable hurt regions slightly away, so it negates jump attacks more often, is almost the same as Skarlet's s3 in MK9.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
Good stuff! Ninjutsu has been one of the hardest characters to approach because his celestial f2 that many ninjutsu get away with even tho i know f2 is punishable but ain't easy for some. He still feels about the same ethier way. Good stuff dude.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
Unpopular opinion - his s3 is not a very good anti air

It's good at range, but as a crossover or up close anti air, where jump ins can get really stupid, it's not very good imo.

It's good at range, but as a crossover or up close anti air, where jump ins can get really stupid, it's not very good imo.
Come on man. Not even Dragon Punches are an end all to jump ins and that move is completely invisible. Scorp's s3 for all intentional purposes is one of the best. Maybe not perfect for every friggin' scenario but to say it's "not very good" is just being douchey.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Come on man. Not even Dragon Punches are an end all to jump ins and that move is completely invisible. Scorp's s3 for all intentional purposes is one of the best. Maybe not perfect for every friggin' scenario but to say it's "not very good" is just being douchey.
Don't bother, Tweedy thinks he is a god and we mortals are not on pair with his neutral, so if he crosses you up against scorpion, u have no chance with s3 because that is where jump ins get really stupid.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I did not ignore them, I simply didn't mention them because the October changes were my target. Scorpion's anti-airs had already been buffed during XL so I didn't delve into that subject. And although it's true that jump attacks were universally nerfed, there are still quite a few that are a pain in our asses.

I don't entirely agree. I still need to get consistent with it myself, but nearly all of my S3 challenges against cross-over jumps were successful. That said though, I am certain it would still lose to Sub-Zero and Mileena's bullshit jump-overs, forcing me to resort to teleport.

i still prefer hellfire
Of course, we Scorpions still consider Hellfire his best variation. But Ninjutsu is just as capable...even more so with the new meta.

Don't bother, Tweedy thinks he is a god and we mortals are not on pair with his neutral, so if he crosses you up against scorpion, u have no chance with s3 because that is where jump ins get really stupid.
Can we...not do this, please? That isn't what this thread is for. -_____-

Tweedy

Noob
You do have no chance with S3 as a cross over anti air vs Kenshi's jump 1.

It has nothing to do with me lol.

Tweedy

Noob
Why am I douchey for sharing an opinion about the properties of a video game move?

lol

Matix218

Get over here!
Why am I douchey for sharing an opinion about the properties of a video game move?

lol
Come on man, complaining about being called douchey because of discussing properties of a videogame move is kinda...douchey :DOGE

It is a pretty solid anti air though. Much better/more reliable than most of the cast's options. Its not perfect and there are some crossovers that will beat it but I am certainly happy to have it in scorpion's aresenal.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Wait, people consider Hellfire to be the strongest variation in the current meta? Figured that the stamina changes would tilt the scale in favor of Ninjutsu.

Matix218

Get over here!
Wait, people consider Hellfire to be the strongest variation in the current meta? Figured that the stamina changes would tilt the scale in favor of Ninjutsu.
I think that with exceptional execution hellfire is (possibly) stronger in the current game but (even for myself as a hellfire main) I find Ninjutsu to be very strong in this patch. To the point where I have been focusing more on Ninjutsu then Hellfire lately and honestly loving it.

Ninjutsu I think gets more opportunity since he regulates more space in the neutral. But when Hellfire scores a combo he gets bigger damage and better momentum. It's a tough call which is better.

Last edited: