What's new

Jade's Pole Vault Strategy - Kombat Akademy

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
https://www.kombatakademy.com/mortal-kombat-11/jade/jaded/jade-pole-vault-strategy/

Jade’s Jaded variation gives access to her Pole Vault attack. This allows her to easily approach opponents and set up offense.

Pole Vault Pressure
What’s great about this attack is that it’s Jade’s only safe on block Special Move. This can be good to use after Jade’s B2 and F2 as they are normally unsafe on block.

Once your opponent starts to respect the Pole Vault, you can then cancel out of the Pole Vault and apply pressure. Pole Vault can also be hit confirmed so you’ll be able to cancel only if you see that your attack was blocked. Although the Pole Vault cancel is punishable, the cancel is so fast that your opponent won’t be able to react to it in time.

Pole Vault can also be used after Jade’s D4 to set up offense. This is good because her D4 is quick and low profiles many attacks. If spaced correctly, it can go over counterpokes.

After Pole Vault is blocked, it is only -4. If you want to play disrespectful, you can D1 after the Pole Vault. Unless your opponent has an 11 frame mid or faster, then this is a pretty safe option as your D1 can only be beaten by a poke.

Fullscreen
Using Dodging Shadows, or DB2, and then using Pole Vault can be an easy way to approach your opponent, especially if they are throwing projectiles.

Beating Getups
Pole Vault gives Jade a good hard knockdown which lets her stay on top of her opponent. Using Pole Vault while your opponent is knocked down will beat out your opponent’s getup U2 and U3 attacks.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
It can also get a juicy crushing blow when amped should one space it appropriately. Probably most likely to occur with glow active and punishing projectiles in a real match.

Antron77

Noob
https://www.kombatakademy.com/mortal-kombat-11/jade/jaded/jade-pole-vault-strategy/

Jade’s Jaded variation gives access to her Pole Vault attack. This allows her to easily approach opponents and set up offense.

Pole Vault Pressure
What’s great about this attack is that it’s Jade’s only safe on block Special Move. This can be good to use after Jade’s B2 and F2 as they are normally unsafe on block.

Once your opponent starts to respect the Pole Vault, you can then cancel out of the Pole Vault and apply pressure. Pole Vault can also be hit confirmed so you’ll be able to cancel only if you see that your attack was blocked. Although the Pole Vault cancel is punishable, the cancel is so fast that your opponent won’t be able to react to it in time.

Pole Vault can also be used after Jade’s D4 to set up offense. This is good because her D4 is quick and low profiles many attacks. If spaced correctly, it can go over counterpokes.

After Pole Vault is blocked, it is only -4. If you want to play disrespectful, you can D1 after the Pole Vault. Unless your opponent has an 11 frame mid or faster, then this is a pretty safe option as your D1 can only be beaten by a poke.

Fullscreen
Using Dodging Shadows, or DB2, and then using Pole Vault can be an easy way to approach your opponent, especially if they are throwing projectiles.

Beating Getups
Pole Vault gives Jade a good hard knockdown which lets her stay on top of her opponent. Using Pole Vault while your opponent is knocked down will beat out your opponent’s getup U2 and U3 attacks.

Why doesn't look like you ran after the initial pole vault knockdown? Is that just a dash into a following pole vault?

seanpon

Noob
pole vault is a cool looking move, unfortunately this variation isn't the best. Pole vault cancel is too negative at the moment, and she is missing her air glaive, which is her trademark best move currently.

I love this guide thank you!!!! I love pole vault and run cancels.

I once got uppercutted out of pole vault though. Is that dependent on where I completed the vault from?

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
Its character dependent . Shao kahn can d2 you out of it just about every time on a blocked string. Liu kang can just parry. Which then makes you do nothing or try and sneak in a bf2 or bf1 depending on the string. Some characters can just hit d1/d4 to make it whiff.
Canceling blocked string into vault cancels is a gimmick. I have never gotten the cancel past -7 may be my execution though.

Some characters you cant use pole vault at all on wake up. And forward roll beats it unless you time the cancel right into grab. But then you just open yourself to wake up buttons.

You use the run cancels on hit strings. These all leave her plus and give you wall carry and you always have the treat of just letting it rip. D4 run cancel leaves you at least +4. b2 run cancel is +9. f2 run cancel is +18.

seanpon

Noob
Its character dependent . Shao kahn can d2 you out of it just about every time on a blocked string. Liu kang can just parry. Which then makes you do nothing or try and sneak in a bf2 or bf1 depending on the string. Some characters can just hit d1/d4 to make it whiff.
Canceling blocked string into vault cancels is a gimmick. I have never gotten the cancel past -7 may be my execution though.

Some characters you cant use pole vault at all on wake up. And forward roll beats it unless you time the cancel right into grab. But then you just open yourself to wake up buttons.

You use the run cancels on hit strings. These all leave her plus and give you wall carry and you always have the treat of just letting it rip. D4 run cancel leaves you at least +4. b2 run cancel is +9. f2 run cancel is +18.
interesting, so its more about giving you additional pressure while getting the hit. I still don't see much value in that, regular eX glaive on hit still leaves you plus in range of B3 staggers. This variation really needs a rework, pole vault can be a fun move to use, not very competitive though considering it can be D2'd if they spot it coming. Her run cancel shouldn't be so negative though, it should work more like kabal's nomad dash cancel. And blasing nitro kick has got to go, its funny how her base version of shadow kick is better than the "upgrade" we get with this variation. Anyways, air glaive is just far too powerful of a move for Jade not to have, its literally her best tool and helps her so many match ups. I really can't see myself playing a variation of jade that doesn't have air glaive, that thing just provides too much utility

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
Yeah I spent some time in the lab with Baraka. Replay 1 was b343 vault. Replay 2 was b343 parry. I was able to easily uppercut every vault and never got caught with a parry. It is very easy to d2 vault on reaction.

The b2 run cancel is nice but the opponent is pushed out pretty far after the cancel, so grabs are a no-go. You can pretty much use the plus frames for b343, d4, or walk back.