What's new

Jaded combos (Jade combo thread)

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Midscreen she can get 31% 1-bar with f21-4~bf1(amp)-d4~df4.
Or F21, 21, B2~Nitro Kick(Amp) if you want the corner carry (in Jaded) or sideswitch (in ED). Its also proven to be a little safer against breakaway, as you don't get stuck in the MB rang animation (where they're most likely to try to breakaway)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
For anti-air, I find canceling standing 1 or standing 2 into amplified up-rang, then d2 to be exceptionally reliable and it deals 23%. You can also do a normal up-rang, though I find you need to do a micro-dash-cancel to get the d2 to connect, making it a little tighter. This does 20%.

A more reliable meterless anti-air is standing 2~db1-b2~df3 for 20%.

Last edited:

variable

Noob
if I'm against someone that has realized all they need to do is duck+uppercut when I run (kick whiffs, they uppercut on vault or cancel) do I just have to stop using it for that match? feels absolutely useless at that point but maybe I just don't get it.

I can cancel earlier and hope they commit anyway but that only works if they screw up. run into them to throw them off and hope they just don't attack? looking for any advice!

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
if I'm against someone that has realized all they need to do is duck+uppercut when I run (kick whiffs, they uppercut on vault or cancel) do I just have to stop using it for that match? feels absolutely useless at that point but maybe I just don't get it.

I can cancel earlier and hope they commit anyway but that only works if they screw up. run into them to throw them off and hope they just don't attack? looking for any advice!
yep. there are counters to everything she can do from PV. but thats the game. Running in from full screen is kinda nuts anyway and should probably be avoided. The cancel isn't all that useful. As you mentioned, canceling short of their D2 range and going for a B2, F2, 124, or just blocking is what you should probably be doing against someone who is familiar with Jaded if you really want to run. PV is great on hit and on pressure, but running in "just because" is pretty risky.

ON BLOCK:
B343 PV (small gap that can be interrupted. safe on block)
B343 PV~hold slightly (bigger gap, but a mind fuck for many, safe on block, corner carry)
B343 PV~AMP kick (gapless, + on block. If they block low, D1 should beat anything they have if they try to counter. If they block standing, you're + but pushback keeps you from reaching with D1, so just take the space - Jade likes space)
B343 PV~cancel (gimmick, punishable, but often unexpected. You're prob better off learning to hit confirm B343 and just stopping there for -7 or spending the bar for kick and + frames, but this is an option)
B3434 if you read the poke. or B343~butterfly if you read the flawless block

While PV has some good utility, the cancel doesn't really bring much to the table other than the occasional mind game. I don't think you can get anything into PV~cancel to be less than -18 on block, so its not really meant to make anything safe

Last edited:

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Betrayal strings equipped
F21 microdash2 322d1=281.79
Close range f21 only, this is prob more than anything you can get off meterless 124 KB combo. Makes spending meter after f21 useless unless you need +28% to kill.
For long range f21, skip the md2 and just dash in with 322bf2 for corner carry.