What's new

Match-up Discussion Jade vs Injustice cast MU's

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Just thought that I saw a Nightwolf MU chart against Injustice cast, was wrong. But seems a good idea. Just for fun.
Out of the way general stuff: blocking, walking, forward dashing and dash-blocking will be considered the same for both parts, weather it's MK or Injustice style. Backdashing will be Injustice style, will consider an average backdash. The rest is what it is. It's basically a tools based MU chart. Oh yeah, we'll consider glow to take normal damage at least, since taking 50% more is ridiculous and someone should be overhead-staffed for that.

So:
Aquaman - Almost an even MU. He can be outranged, although 7 frame low is a bitch.
Ares - 6-4 Jade. Zoning will be negated, up-close she's better. Shadowkick will be a problem for Ares.
Bane - taking into account b1's multihitting properties and outranging nurmals it may be a 5-5, but I hesitate, since Bane is a bastard overall.

Batgirl - standard MU for any character really. A vortex caracter is a 5-5 for anyone imo. Actually, Jade has the upperhand by negating the zoning. I can see a potential 6-4.
Batman - bats are off, batarangs are off, but the pressure is very present. It might be more in Batman's favor, but it'd have to be played thoroughly.
BA - if we consider his projectiles flahsable (which should be), than it may be 5-5.

Catwoman - 5-5, because not interested, sorry.
Cyborg - 9-1. Convince me otherwise.
Deathstroke - 5-5, potential 6-4 because zoning is totally negated and he can be outranged in close combat.

Doomsday - 4-6, maybe 3-7, overwhelming Jade up-close is the way to go. Venom is a very powerful tool, especially MB.
Flash - 4-6, maybe 3-7. He wouldn't have to approach her at all, just torpedo...
Green Arrow - 5-5, maybe 6-4. Seems like a worse version of Reptile MU.

GL - 4-6, maybe 3-7. Jade will be outranged here no doubt. And if machinegun is not flashable, then it's a solid 2-8.
Harley - 5-5. Counting out the zoning.
Wow, I just realized, Jade goes 5-5 if she negates zoning. Seems like she's got nothing else going on...

Hawkgirl - 4-6 - outranged, outfootsied, outdamaged and unpunished. This may be another potential 3-7.
Joker - 6-4, maybe 7-3. He has no close game againgt her, and if teeth are flashable (which they could be because Noob's portals were) then he has no mix-ups/setups too. So yeah, more like 7-3.
KF - potential 4-6. Because fullscreen ice wouldn't be flashable and because slide would outrange and outdamage her.

Lex - 6-4. All of his fullscreen and setup game is negated. Also b1 would destroy his trait. Potential 7-3.
Lobo - 4-6 mostly because of the damage difference.
MMH - 5-5. I will not say it's a potential 6-4, but it is :DOGE

Nightwing - 5-5 escrima, potential 4-6 staff, but mostly 5-5.
Raven - very unpleasant MU. I remember Ermac being a pain with halfscreen forcepush, but here we have a fullscreen push? Bad...
Scorpion - 5-5 because they have love going on through the internet :) Considering Scorpions current state, it's a 5-5 and a long set of trying to finis each other with 18% combos.

Shazam - 4-6 in battle, and 9-1 in life, because Jade would destroy that boy.
Sinestro - I'm leaning towards 4-6 because I consider him to have this advantage by default of his vortex, but if shackles and anti-anti-air axe were flashable (which is a big possibility) than it could turn to 6-4 since Jade wouldn't ave to approach him at all.
Grundy - 4-6, potential 3-7. Jade doesn't like bastard grabbing onto her and she has little protection against that.

Superman - 4-6, maybe 3-7. Zoning doesn't really matter since f23. He's too fast upclose for Jade to handle.
WW - 4-6, but I'd like it to be 5-5 because I dig these two and would like to see them put on a good show.

Zatanna - one of her best MU's, potential 7-3. Zatanna would be irrelevant.
Zod - 4-6. It wouldn't be possible in the present state, but flash could get a special property in Injustice where it negated Zod's trait. If that, then it could be 6-4 easily.

So, here it is. I can't imagine what trait she could have. Glow has to remain mb-special. She could have a parry for her trait to make up for the weak up-close game. Maybe something with her staff like breaking high attacks while being hit, like Aquaman's but only for highs.
No, a better idea: she could taunt the opponent saying: "You're too easy" and taunting 5 times gives her a 30% speed increase for a period of time and then a little cooldown. So that all her 9 frame and above start-up moves reduce by 3 frames so she becomes better upclose.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Scorpion - 5-5 because they have love going on through the internet :)
Not even nearly as prominent as Scorpion-Mileena and Jade-Smoke shippings though.
Ahem. Sorry.

Grundy - 4-6, potential 3-7. Jade doesn't like bastard grabbing onto her and she has little protection against that.
Staff slam looks like something that could be throw immune in IGAU.
Then again, it could as well be f3, but since we assume it's still a special... Well, dunno.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Not even nearly as prominent as Scorpion-Mileena and Jade-Smoke shippings though.
Ahem. Sorry.
Looks like Scorpion and Jade are cheating on their lovers :)

Staff slam looks like something that could be throw immune in IGAU.
Then again, it could as well be f3, but since we assume it's still a special... Well, dunno.
Actually I discarded f/b3. OS would be a special and probably not throw immune. But this move wouldn't matter in this MU, hence it's slow recovery and Grundy's armor.