What's new

Video/Tutorial Jade Video Guide By Espio

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
how in the world do u link up another move after doing 23f2, shadow kick or b32, shadow kick or even just a naked shadow kick midscreen in a combo. ive tried bt cant link anything successfully except for a standing 4 when i get it right. is there a easier way of accomplishing this tricky move?

how in the world do u link up another move after doing 23f2, shadow kick or b32, shadow kick or even just a naked shadow kick midscreen in a combo. ive tried bt cant link anything successfully except for a standing 4 when i get it right. is there a easier way of accomplishing this tricky move?
dash 4 can be done for 23f2 and b32 (but you'll miss it againt mileena and mb other chars with low hurtboxes), dash d1 for all of them, but for naked sk the timing is realy difficult.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
dash 4 can be done for 23f2 and b32 (but you'll miss it againt mileena and mb other chars with low hurtboxes), dash d1 for all of them, but for naked sk the timing is realy difficult.
So its dash d1 that works for all characters. Ok. So could u link a staff grab after landing 23f2 sk dash d1 in a big combo. Like for instance jip, b1,db2, b2, dash 1,2 23f2, shadow kick, dash d1, staff grab. Would the opponent drop before u can dash d1 them. I've haven't tried it to see if its possible tho.

So its dash d1 that works for all characters. Ok. So could u link a staff grab after landing 23f2 sk dash d1 in a big combo. Like for instance jip, b1,db2, b2, dash 1,2 23f2, shadow kick, dash d1, staff grab. Would the opponent drop before u can dash d1 them. I've haven't tried it to see if its possible tho.
no, the body will fall on the ground after first sk

Espio

Kokomo
Two more videos will be added to the guide in the coming week or so, something on getting out pressure and various options as well as bullying with neutral and slightly negative on block strings(more to be explain later).

Edit: I added Intro music to the original post courtesy of Prinzmetal with his extensive Jade themes he posted.

Espio

Kokomo
New vid added to OP. I will now be adding a whiff punishment/walking back video as well as a getting out of pressure video.

A zoning video to accompany this as well.

Some of these will hopefully be 5 min at max if I can cut off the ranting with my big mouth:p.

I keep thinking of new things to add...lol.

That guy makes awesome music. And, wow, the OP looks nice STB Espio.
Thanks, had to style it up, more befitting of such a classy character :).

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
New vid added to OP. I will now be adding a whiff punishment/walking back video as well as a getting out of pressure video.

:uThis. Let's find optimal pressure and counter-options with this. I mean shit like, broken down for every character how you can not only glow into offense but get back optimal meter AND shut down their options on the offense.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I'm planning on maining Jade when I get this game on the Vita.

I hear she's bugged but she's just my favorite character so I need to deal with it I suppose.

Looking forward to using these videos to improve my game. :)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

I hear she's bugged but she's just my favorite character so I need to deal with it I suppose.

Do not listen to ill-will. She's under-used, under-represented and no high level competitive player has ever mained her for longer than it took them to look at her frame data. She's a little green diamond in the dirt. She could have gotten more love from nrs, true. But she's solid mid tier and gives hell to characters that others seem to have trouble dealing with.

ShadyHeart

I did think she was underrated.

Her matchup chart also seemed more balanced than some other characters that were listed as higher tier which didn't make much sense to me. I'm just hoping the bugged Vita attack wasn't too important in her gameplay.

Her damage scaling is bugged on vita - specials don't do damage after some basic strings.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Yeah unlike other characters that got hit by Jax's nerf (lol at other character's getting hit more by the nerf than Jax himself), b32 and 23f2 are actually fairly important strings I'm afraid. I've still yet to try out Vita version, can't believe NRS couldn't even get the go ahead to fix such a fundemental error in the coding!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Yeah unlike other characters that got hit by Jax's nerf (lol at other character's getting hit more by the nerf than Jax himself), b32 and 23f2 are actually fairly important strings I'm afraid. I've still yet to try out Vita version, can't believe NRS couldn't even get the go ahead to fix such a fundemental error in the coding!
It's not that bad in bnb's, where you'll get 36-37% instead of 38-39%. It's worse in naked 23f2/b32-SK-d1-SG where you'd get 19% instead of 25%.

ShadyHeart

Can anyone suggest some good characters to compliment jades bad matchups? Also, what exactly ARE her bad matchups?

I want to main 2 characters at once with her being the first and the second complimenting her weaknesses nicely.

The characters I believe I would enjoy playing as a second main are: Mileena, Kitana, Sonya, Sindel, Sektor, Sheeva, and possibly freddy and skarlet.

I'm open for suggestions on other characters, but I will not play: Kabal, Kung Lao, Kenshi, Scorpion, JC, LK, Baraka, CSZ, SZ, Shang-Tsung, Kano, Quan-Chi, Kratos, Raiden, and Noob.

I don't actually have experience playing anyone atm as I don't have the game yet, but I figure it's best to plan ahead and do some research.

ShadyHeart

I'll have to look into those characters more then, but I was avoiding kabal and lao as i don't like their playstyle and also don't like playing high tier characters.

I feel there are just way too many kabals and lao's already as well.

Being unique with Sektor would be pretty fun.