What's new

Jade third variation announced

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
The fact it knocks back on amp is horrible. Have no way of getting in.. So many characters have good zoning tools .Johhny Cage is going be spamming his fireballs , and blocking and destroying you up close.

Jolt

Uprise
Another thing to consider - b2124 might have gaps, but that makes both the parry AND vanishing winds more useful. The gaps are large enough that the obvious answer is to just press buttons through it.

You can cancel into a special at multiple points in the string to cover the gaps if you read an interruption or flawless block.

You can also cancel into vanishing winds amp for the same purposes.

I tested this a bit by recording Jade doing the string into cancel at various points while I tried to 124 through the gap with Sub-Zero. Not in depth at all but something to consider

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Judgment reserved until we have the receipts on this variation.

I will say though unless it gets a total overhaul it won't be worth what is lost (glow, air glaive, pole vault, +3).

I hope it adds something that is currently lacking from Jade. I really wanted her viable staff play to be a central feature.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I have a feeling that they might have done some base buffs to her, but I really hope divine forces is a essentially a new move

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'm hoping they made the ex version of the reflect pop up for combos. It would be the only variation with a hitconfirmable launcher.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I think we should wait and see.
I still have faith in NRS and will continue to have faith in NRS until about this time next year.
Remember MKX Kitana, she was where Jade is now, or even a bit worse, and she ended up top 3 by the last couple years of the game's life cycle.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
A 3rd variation and they managed to leave Delia's Dance out again ?

Wow !

Who will ever play that 3rd variation in a real match, seriously ?

Oh well, now let's wait for 4th variation ...

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
A 3rd variation and they managed to leave Delia's Dance out again ?

Wow !

Who will ever play that 3rd variation in a real match, seriously ?

Oh well, now let's wait for 4th variation ...
A fourth variation with literally just Delia's Dance cause it's the only move left?

...I'd play it.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Vanishing Winds still takes one bar .. so if you miss manage your action bar by ex 2 fire balls in row your out juice ... it works for late round zoning right now but it’s really easy block , lui kang can jump kick punish it .

Her divine force is not very good . I mean it’s neat trick throw your opponent off once but ya . Dodging shadowing beats it’s pretty bad.

Deadly Assassin is the highlight of varation . The low is very nice. The combo is nice lengthy .

Overall emerald defender will always be picked first because of its spacing and zoning

Crimea

Noob
her worst variation as expected. Dead ass only good at punishing. It could work better with delia dance since it can close her gaps.
Vanishing winds (they made it even slower) dosn't do anything to complement daeadly assassin. It also creates another gap for flawless block opportunity as if she hadn't had enough gaps

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Well I'm looking forward to hearing from the console guys how this variation holds up compared to the other two.
I'll probably get the patch a few weeks later on PC.