What's new

Jade third variation announced

Her third variation consists of:
  1. Deadly Assasin(extra combos)
  2. Vanishing Winds(staff slam with teleport)
  3. Divine forces(projectile reflector which replaces glow)
I personally was hoping for Delia's dance but I wonder how this variation could work.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Deadly Assassin, finally.

For the others, wait and see, wait and practice. Was expecting Delia dance too.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yea, I'm reserving judgement until I see patch notes. B2 is not confirmable. It has to be dialed in (jaded gets a confirm with vole vault) It also get blown up by basically anything that can touch her after b2...I'm hoping they tightened it up.

322 ex rang does more damage than b343 ex rang so it's good for punishes, but since 3 is a high it's useless for stagger pressure compared to b3 since they are both 11f but b3 is a true mid.

She does get a 50/50 on the b2 string in the corner but like above it doesn't matter when you have an eternity to just blow up this string.

Her whiff punishes become much better but she is giving up a lot. Even more so than Jaded. I'll reserve judgement until we get the notes to see if any properties have changed.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Inherently mad not getting Delia's Dance, but I'll await patch notes for judgment otherwise. They're gunna have to do a LOT of overtuning of Divine Forces to sell me on it, though. Shit's easily top 3 contender for worst special in the game right now.

abyson

Noob
I think a reasonable buff will be to fuse delias dance with deadly assassin after all they did the same for liu kang with his command grab and shoalin stance or whatever like he needed it

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Who can actually punish normal Vanishing Winds on block? Shang can't. You can do B2~DB3 in his face and it's safe with a flawless blockable(but no reversal hits) gap. With the pushback on F2~DB3 I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a character in the game besides Raijen who could punish. You can jump out of B1~DB3 but I doubt there's anyone punishing that on block either.

They said they touched up the amplified hit of Vanishing Winds(the actual teleport) so I guess we'll have to wait and see what it looks like.

Glow is obviously awesome but I'm not sure that's that big of a deal to lose when a projectile reflect and a teleport. Glow is underwhelming in some matchups anyway, like the teleport will do more for you against Scorpion than glow will.

Projectile Reflect Amp is going to be a super cheeky move to throw out sometimes on an approaching opponent or if they are looking to punish a reflect in neutral. It seems bad at first but I'm willing to bet that people find ways to sneak it in.

Yea, I'm reserving judgement until I see patch notes. B2 is not confirmable. It has to be dialed in (jaded gets a confirm with vole vault) It also get blown up by basically anything that can touch her after b2...I'm hoping they tightened it up.

322 ex rang does more damage than b343 ex rang so it's good for punishes, but since 3 is a high it's useless for stagger pressure compared to b3 since they are both 11f but b3 is a true mid.

She does get a 50/50 on the b2 string in the corner but like above it doesn't matter when you have an eternity to just blow up this string.

Her whiff punishes become much better but she is giving up a lot. Even more so than Jaded. I'll reserve judgement until we get the notes to see if any properties have changed.
B2 is confirmable into normal specials. I don't think it's easy but I think B2 is confirmable into B2124 from its first hit. It's definitely hit confirmable if you don't care about being punished because you can input/buffer B212, but really I think you can confirm it as long as you are talking about a true hit situation, not later active frames hitting. If it's like a tight punish or a confident read in neutral, I think you should be able to hit confirm it. And on block you can use Vanishing Winds to be -9 with pushback, so you might be able to force some respect for the string on block.

3 is a -1 stagger and 322 is a -5 stagger with a low follow up. B3 will most like remain her go to stagger and normal but more staggers are always better. Gives them more to think about and it adds potential to her combos and punishes like you mentioned. The additional hit in 432 is good too to safely get respect for 432. You can always do these after a jump in as well.

Is delia's dance good? It's safe when amplified right?
Yeah, maybe a little too good after the post-beta buffs. It's a safe low option(with meter) that leaves them +8 or so without using meter and she could do shit like D1~Delia's Dance and it would work because it was so fast. They could have made a variation with it that was fair but maybe they thought the whole combo would be too much, especially when Vanishing Winds is already a low attack.

yeah and it can restand
Leaves them standing. Restand is like Kollector's bola.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Am I the only one hyped by Jade new variation ? More combos/strings, a t.p and a launcher (divine winds amp). Not that bad for me. And she probably will get some buffs with the update.

abyson

Noob
I didn't know divine forces was a launcher. Itll be great if it reliable after the patch I think the variation is quite okay I mean all three variations cover most of her bad matchups and also make the good ones. it kinda sucks how much she relies on highs but without that weakness she might be a broken character

any yeah my bad on the restand comment thanks for the correction @Marinjuana

Marinjuana

So there are two amplified versions of Divine Forces, comparable to Johnny's Mime Time Parry. Jade continues to spin the staff which presumably will still reflect projectiles but the staff actually becomes an active attack on amplify and will launch the opponent.

Unless it's changed, it's not a combo launcher, way too slow. It's tough to convert from too. But it has a good hitbox and a lot of active frames so people could move into it.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So there are two amplified versions of Divine Forces, comparable to Johnny's Mime Time Parry. Jade continues to spin the staff which presumably will still reflect projectiles but the staff actually becomes an active attack on amplify and will launch the opponent.

Unless it's changed, it's not a combo launcher, way too slow. It's tough to convert from too. But it has a good hitbox and a lot of active frames so people could move into it.
HUGE thing to note about the amp launch: it will not occur until she's done spinning the staff and the amplification goes off. It cannot be combo'd into with ANY string or juggling situation. You aren't gunna meaty someone with it. It will never be useful for that in its current state.

Again, unless they buff the SHIT out of Divine Forces to compensate for it replacing Glow, it is going to be an utterly useless move that also denies the usage of one of her key moves.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
B2 is confirmable into normal specials. I don't think it's easy but I think B2 is confirmable into B2124 from its first hit. It's definitely hit confirmable if you don't care about being punished because you can input/buffer B212, but really I think you can confirm it as long as you are talking about a true hit situation, not later active frames hitting. If it's like a tight punish or a confident read in neutral, I think you should be able to hit confirm it. And on block you can use Vanishing Winds to be -9 with pushback, so you might be able to force some respect for the string on block.
EDIT -

Found a way to easily confirm it. See below.

3 and 322 have good frame data for staggers, but with 3 being a high and it having no advancing properies makes B3 still the go to stagger string. 322 does allow her to move forward quite a bit during the animation, but the stagger pressure out of it is not near as good as B343 due to b3 being a mid. People can check throw and 3 with the same option (crouch) and krushing blow you for it.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

B2 is NOT confirmable into B2124 on block. Go ahead and lab it for yourself. Tossing it out on block as it stands right now is death against the entire cast. Anyone with any form of ranged normal is going to full combo you as soon as they see the insanely slow wind up of the B21. B2124 has to be dialed in.

Like I said, go ahead and lab it. B2 is hit confirmable into specials, because it allows you to wait until the last hit connects before you buffer in something like polevault etc. B2124 is a dial string and you cannot delay the dial therefore, it is NOT confirmable.

The way I see it, B2124 is only going to be used in a punish situation, or from hella long distance and not as a block string. It's not even crazy hard to blow up or cast specific (like pole vault) Anyone can literally press buttons there because the gap is so big.
I did test it and I believe it's confirmable in the situations I said, thought so in the beta too, bold text withstanding. You can delay the dial, it's just more strict.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I did test it and I believe it's confirmable in the situations I said, thought so in the beta too, bold text withstanding. You can delay the dial, it's just more strict.
Just got out of the lab re-exploring this. There is a way to easily confirm this.

Everytime you do B2, dial in B212. Only B2 will come out on block, and if it hits, you just tap 4 during the hit animations and the rest of the string will come out.

Basically, the 4 acts as the trigger to the entire string. It makes it easily hit confirmable allowing you to hit confirm all the way up to the final hit of b2.

So, there you go. I learned something.

Last edited:

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Her third variation consists of:
  1. Deadly Assasin(extra combos)
  2. Vanishing Winds(staff slam with teleport)
  3. Divine forces(projectile reflector which replaces glow)
I personally was hoping for Delia's dance but I wonder how this variation could work.
Overall pretty trash. Vashing winds will need Huge damage buff. Divine Force replaces glow? Gross. Deadly Assassin will be decent in corner but overall this bad varation. You lose all of your zoning and spacing tools for maybe 320+ corner combo damage.. With the most easy kick to block in the game. Terrible. How are you suppose to get in against johhny cage new fireballs. ?

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Wait arent you guys the one saying glow is trash? WTF
i never said that i love that move . Compared to Divine force its million times better. You will have to rely on somthing fireballing close screen to mid to even get the pop.. How often will that happen?