What's new

Jade Tech thread

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I think you just need to tighten up your timing. If you set the dummy to neutral duck, regardless of the starter string (as long as they're still standing) if you cancel into db3 in the corner you can catch them with b2 or s4 before they are able to duck.
Ya it could be, I didn't really try to retest it on sub yesterday, I quickly did this with shao like you proposed and no matter what I did everything connected. I also don't think it'll happen much in a real game because it always connected there, but they usually tried to jump or press buttons which is what got me to think about neutral ducking to begin with.

But I went about testing it differently the other night. I set the jade as the ai, recorded the scenarios and I controlled Sub. As soon as I got hit by what I wanted to get hit by, I held down. It could be something weird about how I did it because I would get weird playback results from jade sometimes. For example, following up the connecting db3 with the b2 string would sometimes result in 214 or the b2 string depending on what I decided to get hit by. Sometimes I would get the whole b2 string if I blocked it all and the db3 would never come out. I'm pretty sure I wasn't hitting any extra curricular buttons when doing all this, so I'm not real sure what was going on. Maybe PS4 was getting into the Halloween spirit and was possessed.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Ya it could be, I didn't really try to retest it on sub yesterday, I quickly did this with shao like you proposed and no matter what I did everything connected. I also don't think it'll happen much in a real game because it always connected there, but they usually tried to jump or press buttons which is what got me to think about neutral ducking to begin with.

But I went about testing it differently the other night. I set the jade as the ai, recorded the scenarios and I controlled Sub. As soon as I got hit by what I wanted to get hit by, I held down. It could be something weird about how I did it because I would get weird playback results from jade sometimes. For example, following up the connecting db3 with the b2 string would sometimes result in 214 or the b2 string depending on what I decided to get hit by. Sometimes I would get the whole b2 string if I blocked it all and the db3 would never come out. I'm pretty sure I wasn't hitting any extra curricular buttons when doing all this, so I'm not real sure what was going on. Maybe PS4 was getting into the Halloween spirit and was possessed.
I think DB3 into micro dash B2 is legit on anyone when done properly (if that's what you're talking about). I had Jacqui AI set to auto block duck, and was jailing her into a B2 after landing B343~DB3 mid screen when done properly.

And yes, the AI loves to toy with your recorded inputs. It often depends on how quickly you entered them, and what moves actually land/whiff. I bet if you re-recorded it and dialed in the string as slow as it allows, you'd have less weird stuff coming from the AI.

craftycheese

I think DB3 into micro dash B2 is legit on anyone when done properly (if that's what you're talking about). I had Jacqui AI set to auto block duck, and was jailing her into a B2 after landing B343~DB3 mid screen when done properly.
That should work when they are crouch blocking, I think that connected everytime for me too. I wasn't getting the same results when they were just ducking w/o blocking.

Either way, in real match that I've done this, I've always connected because they're always trying to do something or are blocking, so I think this is something viable to do. I just wanted to see if there was anything else your opponent could do to to counter it.

I'm going to try and retest when I get home. Like I said that night, it was getting late and my timing might've been off. I also wasn't running into this problem with shao yesterday.

Madog32

That should work when they are crouch blocking, I think that connected everytime for me too. I wasn't getting the same results when they were just ducking w/o blocking.

Either way, in real match that I've done this, I've always connected because they're always trying to do something or are blocking, so I think this is something viable to do. I just wanted to see if there was anything else your opponent could do to to counter it.

I'm going to try and retest when I get home. Like I said that night, it was getting late and my timing might've been off. I also wasn't running into this problem with shao yesterday.
I had her set to auto block, so she was neutral crouching and would only block if something were to hit her. The times I was a few frames too slow, she crouched under, but if you kept your frames tight enough, she was forced to block

haketh

Noob
I rarely used it when I played jaded. But in untenable you can do some silly stuff with b1. That’s the only reason I even started looking into the frames. I mostly just avoided it until v3
I like to use it with Jaded cuz it's a decently ranged mid & quicker than F2, what can you do with it in Untameable?

craftycheese

I had her set to auto block, so she was neutral crouching and would only block if something were to hit her. The times I was a few frames too slow, she crouched under, but if you kept your frames tight enough, she was forced to block
I'm not having any problems with it anymore. Chalk it up to late night tiredness

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
What is the best time to use the v3 db3 amp launcher?

Here's my take - after a KB launcher in the corner when the opponent has a breakaway available.

Jade doesn't have a lot of good juggles, so there is a good chance the opponent has the meter for a breakaway when Jade hits her 124, d2, or forward throw KB. In the corner, if they break and fall, Jade can start the db3 while they are in the air and the amp will hit as they are waking up. The opponent doesn't have time to do anything but block, leaving Jade at a good range and +1. If they don't block, they're launched with no breakaway available.

If the opponent does not breakaway, just don't amp the db3. Jade still has time to block before the opponent wakes up. Even if the opponent rolls out of the corner, Jade has time do a strike/throw before the opponent can do anything.

The opponent can choose to delay their wakeup, avoiding the amp. Jade can amp the move again and catch them with the second one. It's a lot of meter but v3 doesn't need meter for much.

If the opponent does not have the meter for an armored wakeup attack, b2124 also has good hit advantage. Jade can start the db3 after that string and the amp will hit as the opponent is waking up.

All of this only works in the corner. afaik none of her strings leave the opponent close enough midscreen.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Before I dropped her, I played Untamable as a baiter character. b2 cancels and finish the string on hit, and only finish it on block if I hitconfirmed b2 or if I know they won't be pressing buttons. b2-vw keeps them blocking low so f2-vw becomes a notch less horrible of a tool thanks to the whole long range setup. Sadly her footsie game plan is destroyed by Throwpions and Kangaroo online warriors with 170 ms.
But the gist of it for me is that there is a stick between them and my hp and that stick stings.

Madog32

Before I dropped her, I played Untamable as a baiter character. b2 cancels and finish the string on hit, and only finish it on block if I hitconfirmed b2 or if I know they won't be pressing buttons. b2-vw keeps them blocking low so f2-vw becomes a notch less horrible of a tool thanks to the whole long range setup. Sadly her footsie game plan is destroyed by Throwpions and Kangaroo online warriors with 170 ms.
But the gist of it for me is that there is a stick between them and my hp and that stick stings.
Yeah. If they tighten up the gaps so we can’t be full combo punished after every blocked b1 and b2, it’d be a much more fun variation to play

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yeah. If they tighten up the gaps so we can’t be full combo punished after every blocked b1 and b2, it’d be a much more fun variation to play
Trust me, all her frame data is dumpsterfire-bad and she has some of the worst hitboxes/hit regions on her moves in all the roster.
The nice complacent Jade "community" we had back then (all of them dropped her by now) kept saying "it's fine" lmao

This is why I stopped bothering.
This website is full of morons that never lab and always jump at you if you say things they don't know about, but don't like the sound of.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
Jade can reflect Kung Lao’s orbiting hat. It’s in the video I posted but I’m bringing it up again because honestly it’s just really fun. If he throws out the hat you can expect a teleport. When he teleports, reflect and the hat will hit him. You can even get a b2 juggle in there before he lands.

I was also able to reflect the orbiting hat and knock Lao out of a divekick, but that won’t work 100% of the time. It’s really dependent on where the hat is in its rotation when the divekick lands.

Parasurama

Dragon
Trust me, all her frame data is dumpsterfire-bad and she has some of the worst hitboxes/hit regions on her moves in all the roster.
The nice complacent Jade "community" we had back then (all of them dropped her by now) kept saying "it's fine" lmao

This is why I stopped bothering.
This website is full of morons that never lab and always jump at you if you say things they don't know about, but don't like the sound of.
I agree that the hitbox stuff is broken. Her u2/3 improving and the B3 being a true mid will help.