What's new

Jade Tech thread

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Ay does jade have any good staggers? If she do, a stagger into instant air glaive amp could be good as it's plus 13, 9 ish midscreen depending on how quick you are with it up close, and +7- +9 in the corner. idk if she has anywau to take advantage of these plus frames but ay could be useful every now and then

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Best way to deal with that jaded running tracking cancelling into nitro kick that tracks teleporters is pretty simple. I've found just jump back with amk, stuffs her out. I also wonder in scores case what happens if he IA teleports when jades doing that if her kick would whiff or not.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Ay does jade have any good staggers? If she do, a stagger into instant air glaive amp could be good as it's plus 13, 9 ish midscreen depending on how quick you are with it up close, and +7- +9 in the corner. idk if she has anywau to take advantage of these plus frames but ay could be useful every now and then
This is a game of advancing mids that low crush and catch jump both, it's not really something you can reliably do. iAGs are fine in moderation but it's the same as doing mb glaive on block, it gets you d2'd , jumped on etc depending what you do.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
In terms of pressure, it's only really notable in the corner because less space is created so when she's plus. Generally speaking she can be plus 7 or 8 which allows Back 3,4,3 on block. I got an extremely low activation of +13, but that was extremely low and easy to anti-air.

Back 3 is -2 and Back 3,4,3 is -7. If conditioned to block you can do Forward 3,4,3 which is safe on block at all points. Forward 3,4 creates space and so on. Then there's pokes and throw or finishing back 3,4,3,4 for plus five.

Mid screen you're not checking anyone reliably with it because the pushback is great and only the last hit of back 3 will hit and that's assuming the opponent doesn't block, back 3 doesn't have the range to guarantee anything either.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade doesn't have pressure, she has tricks but you're constantly second guessing yourself and the odds are not in your favour. You're risking massive hp loss for netting very little damage with most of your options.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
Couple of notes on v3:

Midscreen, after a d4 hit you can microdash and b2124 jails. Also, after a db3 you can microdash and b2124 jails.
b2124 is safe but has huge gaps. When the opponent starts poking out you can start cancelling into staff-spin or parry. This continues the Jade meta of high-risk / low reward but that's not new. Once the opponent lets the whole string rock, you can start cancelling before the last hits (the overheads) into a db3. Both options are safe.

In the corner ending a string in db3 leaves Jade at +16. After that you can continue pressure with f34 bf3, b343 bf3, walk back b2124 bf3 (cancel after the third hit). Or you can cash out some damage with a 43 bf12 amp combo. Another good option is to condition the opponent to block low with the f34 string, and then do a short hop u2 or u3. These also jail.

If cornered, db3 amp is an okay get-out move. For instance, b343 db3 amp is safe, and will switch sides. The only ways I've found to deal with it is 1) a 7 frame mid can poke Jade out of the db3 during startup frames, 2) a neutral jump leads to a full punish and 3) flawless block. That said, if you read any of these options you can finish the b3434 string.

db3 amp is not a good move to just throw out there. The flawless block timing is not hard to learn, but most people will just realize that you can neutral jump into full combo on reaction. The only thing that combos into it is f2, but if the f2 is blocked the opponent can poke after the teleport but before the low. It's too slow to really punish any projectiles. It seems mostly useful to throw out in the beginning of the set so the opponent is worried about it, and then never use it again.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

This is a good video with some interesting tech. My personal favorite is the fact that Kotal’s cat pounce can be parried.
This is some day1 stuff, but it's nice that someone made a video for new players.
The thing about parrying Liu is he has so many options that it's pretty high risk low reward, as usual

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
v3 Jade can reflect one hit at a time, so if a character can amp their projectile to fire twice, the second hit will catch Jade. BUT, since the first input of reflect is down, Jade can use the motion of the reflect input to duck the first projectile and reflect the second.

I find this works best if you duck by holding down-forward, and then roll backwards and press 2 when the first projectile is above Jade's head.

Duck and reflect works against the following characters amp-double projectiles:

Baraka
D'Vorah
Jade (lol)
Johnny (but not Outtake)
Kitana (super tight timing, as the fan hitbox is massive)
Sonya (risky. If you mess up the timing you're going to eat a KB)

For Kabal's double low, you can short hop the first one and reflect the second.

For some characters, reflecting the first hit means the second never comes out. So just reflect the first hit against Raiden, Terminator, and Jax.

Final note about Kitana - highborn Kitanas like to amp after a blocked teleport to throw a fan. Jade has time after blocking the teleport to reflect this fan and knock Kitana out of the air. It's basically hilarious.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
v3 Jade can reflect one hit at a time, so if a character can amp their projectile to fire twice, the second hit will catch Jade. BUT, since the first input of reflect is down, Jade can use the motion of the reflect input to duck the first projectile and reflect the second.

I find this works best if you duck by holding down-forward, and then roll backwards and press 2 when the first projectile is above Jade's head.

Duck and reflect works against the following characters amp-double projectiles:

Baraka
D'Vorah
Jade (lol)
Johnny (but not Outtake)
Kitana (super tight timing, as the fan hitbox is massive)
Sonya (risky. If you mess up the timing you're going to eat a KB)

For Kabal's double low, you can short hop the first one and reflect the second.

For some characters, reflecting the first hit means the second never comes out. So just reflect the first hit against Raiden, Terminator, and Jax.

Final note about Kitana - highborn Kitanas like to amp after a blocked teleport to throw a fan. Jade has time after blocking the teleport to reflect this fan and knock Kitana out of the air. It's basically hilarious.
MBing the reflect allows for another reflect. I've sent back MB fans, MB daggers, MB rings etc. Cassie's 2-hitting non-amped shots still gets ya, but for the most part, you can trade bar for bar

Last edited:

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
In the corner ending a string in db3 leaves Jade at +16. After that you can continue pressure with f34 bf3, b343 bf3, walk back b2124 bf3 (cancel after the third hit). Or you can cash out some damage with a 43 bf12 amp combo. Another good option is to condition the opponent to block low with the f34 string, and then do a short hop u2 or u3. These also jail.
So, I was just messing around with stuff and trying to practice some corner pressure with the above quote in mind and got to wondering what would happen if i went for a high and the opponent decided to neutral duck after getting hit. I found out that if the opponent is blocking and gets hit by it, you can follow up with b2 and all they can do is get hit or block it. If they get hit by the string first, while standing or ducking, and then you cancel into db3, they can neutral duck the b2. Weirdly enough it seems like the exact opposite applies if you want to go for the 322 string. Not surprisingly, standing 4 always whiffed no matter what happened.

I only tested this with two strings, b343 and b2124, so it could possibly not apply to every string. I also noticed that depending on what hit on the b343 string, they may or may not be able to duck the b2. SubZ was also my test dummy, so I don't know if this is a universal thing or if females and Big Boi Characters react the same way.

Conclusion is to just go for a mid because that always connected (obviously)

Midscreen, after a d4 hit you can microdash and b2124 jails. Also, after a db3 you can microdash and b2124 jails.
b2124 is safe but has huge gaps. When the opponent starts poking out you can start cancelling into staff-spin or parry. This continues the Jade meta of high-risk / low reward but that's not new. Once the opponent lets the whole string rock, you can start cancelling before the last hits (the overheads) into a db3. Both options are safe.
I also got curious both of these scenarios too with the neutral ducking and this seems to only work when they are standing. If they are blocking high or already crouched, they can neutral duck it. Again, I only tried this with SubZ.

I will say this though, about 99% of the time when I did any of this in an actual match, I always connected with the b2 after db3 hit when cancelling into it.

Please feel free to let me know if any of y'all are getting the same results as me for any of this. It is late and my execution could just be off and none of this may apply.

Last edited:

Madog32

i might be late to the party here, but has anyone else noticed how inconsistent the frames to b1 are? Menu says +7 on hit. in game calculator agrees with this on standing females. Crouching females it says b1 is -2 on hit. But on a standing male the calculator reads +9 on hit standing and -2 on hit crouching :confused:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
i might be late to the party here, but has anyone else noticed how inconsistent the frames to b1 are? Menu says +7 on hit. in game calculator agrees with this on standing females. Crouching females it says b1 is -2 on hit. But on a standing male the calculator reads +9 on hit standing and -2 on hit crouching :confused:
No, Jade is perfect, she's fine, she's top tier. #SonicFoxSaidSo

haketh

Noob
Thinking that maybe because it causes them to do that little hop on hit crouching causes a different reaction state

Madog32

Thinking that maybe because it causes them to do that little hop on hit crouching causes a different reaction state
Either way, -2 on hit for a 15f mid is pretty nonsensical. I should have done a jump test to see if these numbers were true

haketh

Noob
Either way, -2 on hit for a 15f mid is pretty nonsensical. I should have done a jump test to see if these numbers were true
It’s pretty rare I’m just doing B1 cuz I mainly use it in Jaded cuz it jails into Nitro Kick but yeah it may be something to check. I would right now but I’m needed for Gundam Battle Operation Clan stuff.

Madog32

It’s pretty rare I’m just doing B1 cuz I mainly use it in Jaded cuz it jails into Nitro Kick but yeah it may be something to check. I would right now but I’m needed for Gundam Battle Operation Clan stuff.
I rarely used it when I played jaded. But in untenable you can do some silly stuff with b1. That’s the only reason I even started looking into the frames. I mostly just avoided it until v3

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
To be fair, it being 15f with minimal range, no safety, turn loss, and leading to no damage is pretty nonsensical already. Why NOT also be -2 on hit too? Fuck it!

What are you using it for in V3, might I ask?

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
So, I was just messing around with stuff and trying to practice some corner pressure with the above quote in mind and got to wondering what would happen if i went for a high and the opponent decided to neutral duck after getting hit. I found out that if the opponent is blocking and gets hit by it, you can follow up with b2 and all they can do is get hit or block it. If they get hit by the string first, while standing or ducking, and then you cancel into db3, they can neutral duck the b2. Weirdly enough it seems like the exact opposite applies if you want to go for the 322 string. Not surprisingly, standing 4 always whiffed no matter what happened.

I think you just need to tighten up your timing. If you set the dummy to neutral duck, regardless of the starter string (as long as they're still standing) if you cancel into db3 in the corner you can catch them with b2 or s4 before they are able to duck.