What's new

Jade Tech thread

The fact that b3434 refuses to properly execute 75% of the time out of most pokes and you get a sweep instead further reduces the value of the Jaded variation. Definitely trash tier that struggles even in matchups that air glaive gives Jade a fighting chance in.
She needs a buff ...another launcher that isn’t an overhead. She also needs a string used to punish and whiff punish because right now she has nothing fast enough viable in that situation. The jaded buff is just gimmicky and can’t really be used to compete at the highest levels. And for the doubters I am talking Demi god and higher and even some high grand master, jade is just out classed in every match up ..it breaks my heart and I still study and try but I don’t know what else to do which is why I came here. I have more than a thousand hours invested in jade and am Demi god both seasons almost made god .. I’m not Downplaying jade because she is good but she’s just missing some tools to survive at the big league level

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
She needs a buff ...another launcher that isn’t an overhead. She also needs a string used to punish and whiff punish because right now she has nothing fast enough viable in that situation. The jaded buff is just gimmicky and can’t really be used to compete at the highest levels. And for the doubters I am talking Demi god and higher and even some high grand master, jade is just out classed in every match up ..it breaks my heart and I still study and try but I don’t know what else to do which is why I came here. I have more than a thousand hours invested in jade and am Demi god both seasons almost made god .. I’m not Downplaying jade because she is good but she’s just missing some tools to survive at the big league level
Her frame data and damage need to be fixed for sure.
She doesn't need a "buff" as in, she doesn't need to be prepatch Erron level of stupid, but she needs to catch up to the rest of the cast.

As for Jaded, Vault taking 26 frames to start up and even getting lowprofiled is just trash for an ability that takes up most of her ability slots.

seanpon

Noob
Jaded is really fun, but just very gimmicky unfortunately. Jaded is still not as good as emerald defender. I guess emerald defender got indirectly buffed bc her hardest matches (shang, scorp) got nerfed, which is nice. But being in the lower spectrum of the tier list its unfortunate we didn't get the noob saibot tx this patch. Its crazy how noob who was arguably same tier as Jade got some pretty god like buffs for him. Yet were still hitting with 18% bnb's lol. Jade is still not optimal in a first to 2 match bc of how weak her punishes are.

I believe what I suggested would fix the problem. Right now lui kang has all of her tools but does it better and gives more pressure and damage. Jades best tool is her d2 let’s be honest here, and that is so lame and unreliable because everyone is expecting it - I’ll take my jade against anyone and compete, but there are a few matchups where she has no chance, a solid lui kang is one of them.. a solid Kollector is another.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I believe what I suggested would fix the problem. Right now lui kang has all of her tools but does it better and gives more pressure and damage. Jades best tool is her d2 let’s be honest here, and that is so lame and unreliable because everyone is expecting it - I’ll take my jade against anyone and compete, but there are a few matchups where she has no chance, a solid lui kang is one of them.. a solid Kollector is another.
He's not spanish lol.

Also it's Kabal who has the same skillset but does it better.

Crimea

Noob
Yesterday I was able to continue the combo after amplified bf1. There was a "finish him" during amp bf1, that probably caused this bug

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I just want a launcher that doesn’t require 38 frames lol or whatever it is, and I need s whiff punish string and I’m gold
Trust me that's not her only shit normal lol

F3 has a d1 range and is 16f and leads to nothing when there are 9f far reaching mids that lead to 40+dmg in the game lol
Everyone is throwing a fit at how amazing b3 is when it's a 11f mid and has mediocre range.

Her normals are not balanced at all, they're all weak compared to other moves.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I would say it's Kabal who does what she does better and is equally a horrific match up.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Damn, I came here looking for Jade tech but it’s just another complaint thread. I’ve got an hour to kill, so guess I’ll share my tech and strategies:
  • 21 is an excellent tic throw string. The 2nd hit is a far reaching mid with almost zero block stun. On hit, it has massive advantage, but can’t remember how much.
  • In the corner, you can kombo off f121. It’s very tight and probably not viable online, but still possible.
  • f4 is another great tic throw button. It crushes a lot of lows and pokes and also has good hit advantage.
  • f3~FB for the win!
  • Ex air rangs are massively plus on block or hit, making jk~air rang a very powerful tool. If your opponent is trying to anti-air, just do the air rang early to punish them. You can even get off a point-blank f21 after a blocked air rang if the opponent is too cautious. d4 seems to beat almost anything if they’re trigger happy. b2 will beat anything that doesn’t low profile. And of course b343 will beat anything as long as you land close enough for the b3 to connect. f4 and b1 are also good options.
  • b1~db3 and f2~db3 don’t do much damage but they do catch everyone, at least online. Once they start blocking f2~db1, you’re free to go for your f21 kombos.
  • after you land a b343~bf1(amp), I find f32 to be the best followup. If they block, you can tic throw. If it hits, you can confirm into another amp bf1. Once they start always blocking low, you’re free to go for throws or f2.
  • d4~bf2 works way more often than it should. It’s risky, but also a great way to force people to respect your b4 on hit or block. Machine-gunning d4 can literally drive your opponent insane (@Hellbringer )
  • Up-rang and ex-up-rang are massively underrated mid-hitting projectiles. If the opponent jumps, you get a kombo. They are also massively plus from full-screen, allowing you to do some serious full-screen frame traps or safely get out glow. I believe full-screen amp up-rang jails into her other projectiles, but not positive. I keep people locked down for days with amp up range then amp straight rang then db3. It’s also some nice chip.
  • Jade’s standing 2 is an excellent anti-air. It beats out way more than it looks like it should. My go-to anti-air is 2~uprang(amp)-4~df4.
  • f32 is another excellent stagger string. Each hit has almost zero block stun and excellent recovery, allowing f3 and f32 to both be used for tic throws. On oki, I like to use the f3 just before they wake up so it whiffs, and then throw. f3 staggered into f32 is also effective. On hit, it’s pretty easy to confirm into bf1(amp).
That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Damn, I came here looking for Jade tech but it’s just another complaint thread. I’ve got an hour to kill, so guess I’ll share my tech and strategies:
  • 21 is an excellent tic throw string. The 2nd hit is a far reaching mid with almost zero block stun. On hit, it has massive advantage, but can’t remember how much.
  • In the corner, you can kombo off f121. It’s very tight and probably not viable online, but still possible.
That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.
+19 on hit. Its also + on block.

What do you mean with F121? She doesn't have a F1 input. She does have 12, but no 121. What am I missing? :confused:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
+19 on hit. Its also + on block.

What do you mean with F121? She doesn't have a F1 input. She does have 12, but no 121. What am I missing? :confused:
Maybe f3, the low-hitting stomp. I know the inputs when I’m on my hitbox but can have trouble remembering when I’m just typing on my phone. Now I can’t remember the string. f323?

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
Yesterday I was able to continue the combo after amplified bf1. There was a "finish him" during amp bf1, that probably caused this bug
This is interesting. Corner or midscreen? What button did you hit to continue the combo?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
  • Her standing 4 is deceptively fast, + on block and good at conditioning the opponent to duck well enough that you can condition them to expect a 4,bf1 and clip them with b3 for trying to poke or d2 you.
  • Her F2 shifts her hitbox downwards and is active for an entire extinction period so you can blow up wakeups with it and then toss dinosaurs at the opponent. It's also excellent at catching an opponent trying to use zoning or teleports that take longer than 28f to recover/become active.
  • Well timed F2 is a valid response to Scorpion's naked teleport now: it makes her avoid the High hit and cancels autocorrect, especially Vault.
  • D4 into Vault is a nice trick and you can cancel it to bait out lowprofile attempts and punish with F2
  • Cetrion especially suffers against glow - vault because of her startup and recovery frames, you are literally threatening her zoning at full screen and the autocorrect on Vault / Dash and the mb kick threatens her teleport attempts as well. I think Jaded does better against her now, than Emerald. Vault catches her out of the air and if you are glowing, her beam goes right through you before she eats boot sandwich
  • Her Hop Punch is a powerful "get off me" move that deals with a lot of pressure scenarios very well
  • Her Hop Kick is a powerful anti-air / anti-poke that even blows up d2s across the board. Not all of them but a good many.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jaded makes B1 a viable normal.
B12 becomes a valid mixup option into F2 oki with the use of Vault / VaultKick and Butterfly.
B1-Butterfly and B12 blow up lowprofiling options but are unsafe on block.
B1-Vault blows up pokes and backdash and is safe on block but gets low profiled sometimes. (Hope this gets patched soon enough)
B1-VaultKick blows up backdash and grants the + frames that you can use to attempt a throw or whatever you do when you're + on block
B1 - ExGlaive is also + on block but the gigantic gap between the normal glaive and the amp glaive make this a bad idea against all but the most t-rex opponents at tip range.

Madog32

B1-Vault blows up pokes and backdash and is safe on block but gets low profiled sometimes. (Hope this gets patched soon enough)
I actually have not had anyone successfully low profile vault by machine gunning d1 since the patch. I think the hitbox is as good as we're going to get hehe

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
F2-vault makes F2 safe.
F2- MB Vault catches most attempts to jump or move backwards.
F2-VaultKick jails.
F21 mixes up into the overhead but it's semi-reactable so don't be predictable with it.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
Jade can use what I call Footsie Combos to slightly shift the risk/reward of attacking her in her favor. These are all matchup dependent but honestly with this character evert little bit of damage helps.

Jade's B2 allows her to convert combos off of normals if the opponent is airborn. For instance, everybody knows that if the opponent jumps in, Jade can do a S2 B2 NitroKick. ( Or include glaives for more damage ) This also works for moves that leave the character airborn.

Example: Baraka just outside sweep distance. Barakas love to pressure with F4 and F44. F4 and F44 are safe so there is no reason not to. If Jade reads the F4, she can D3 and knock Baraka out of the move. But since Baraka is airborn, Jade can actually D3 B2 Nitro. Jade's S2 will also knock Baraka out of F4, but seems to trade more often. If Jade reads Baraka's B2, which is his jumping slash move, she can again S2 B2 Nitro. The risk/reward for these pressure moves changes dramatically when Jade starts taking about 18% per failed attempt. (Or include glaives for more damage)

The same idea can be used to counter Erron Black's overhead boot. Jade's S2 will knock him out of the move and can convert into combo damage greater than he gets for landing the move. When I'm fighting Erron and he lands that first OH, I know he's looking for the KB so the next one is generally coming right away, so I just slap him out of it.

Another easy one is Kung Lao's teleport. This happens less against higher-level opponents, but Kombat League is full of wild Laos that love to teleport. Every time they try, just D1 B2 Nitro and the risk/reward shifts in Jade's favor.

I consider these footsie combos because it's hard to do on reaction. Especially against the Baraka pressure. You really have to read the move and push the button. Luckily D3 and S2 have quick recovery, so you can just throw them out from time to time without putting yourself in too much danger.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
21 is criminally underrated. D1 and D4 can all jail into it. D4 is especially tricksy because you can enforce some mind games by mixing up advancing to pressure with 21, dash canceling into another D4, backing away to poke/zone, etc. My go-to nowadays is to toss out 1-2 more D4s after the first hits to force the opponent to sit still and respect the threat then begin mixing it up after they're petrified in fear of doing anything other than low blocking after receiving a D4.

This pressure style becomes considerably more dangerous as the set progresses. Advancing to 21 can become advancing into 212, another low poke, a grab, literally just ducking to bait a D2, a jump in, forward jump air glaive, etc. Backing away to poke/zone can become baiting a jump in, B2, glaive, F2, B1, air glaive, just backing away, fakeout into actually advancing (mainly in Jaded with vault), etc.

I've also found that despite its shitty startup time, Parry has become an integral part of my playstyle against certain opponents. It's a VERY potent way to essentially smack your opponent with a stop sign. Opponent is D1 happy when you're advancing / staggering? Dash cancel into parry after poking or during staggers. Opponent is D2 happy for your grabs? Advance like you're going to grab (walk into them for a moment while they're blocking) then parry. Opponent is stagger happy? Once you get a decent read and poke them out, either parry immediately or take a couple steps back and parry. Most people really want to poke war after being poked for some reason, or they like to immediately chase you down with their stagger string (cough Liu cough). Once you've landed 1-2 parries, opponents tend to be terrified of contesting you so your pressure becomes free game again for a while.

I know that some people complain about pole vault's low profiling issue, but I haven't heard anything about the fact that every character in the game can simply jump out of almost any block string into pole vault. Some characters could actually do a short hop and make pole vault completely whiff. I think it can only be punished by 9 frame moves, but its a punish every time if you are ready for it. I haven't met anyone online who knows about it though. It doesn't break Jaded, but I guess its Anti-tech.

With that being said pole vault is still a super good move. For Oki after pole vault, I usually dash forward and then do a cross up J1. This blows up most wake ups attacks in the game. That doesn't work on everybody tho so I made a short video on how to counter some character specific wake ups.

When you see me do a cross up jump kick, I do it as low to the ground as possible. Otherwise, it will completely miss, or I would get hit anyways.

Please Note that these all whiff on opponents that neutral jump on wake up. This option are purely for the case where you think your opponent will do a wake up attack.

I hope this might help promote more Jaded players. I actually think that Jaded is the better variation as of right now.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
Now that we know the new variation we can finally start digging into some new tech. I'm so ready.

In the new variation, in the corner you can do B2124~db3 (wait until after the low hit to cancel into db3). This will do 182 damage, keep the opponent standing, and leave Jade at +16

Madog32

Now that we know the new variation we can finally start digging into some new tech. I'm so ready.

In the new variation, in the corner you can do B2124~db3 (wait until after the low hit to cancel into db3). This will do 182 damage, keep the opponent standing, and leave Jade at +16
cool. good ol' jade, sticking with that 18% damage.

But i do remember Steph mentioned they adjusted the frames for her teleport. The hit advantage on DB3 may not be +16 by the time we're playing the new patch.