What's new

jADE Tech Theory

HonkyKong

What's up with Killer Instinct?
Hey, I have been working on a few new ideas for Jade Tech and I would really appreciate it if someone would help me test it out. Her frame traps are not spectacular but they are there and they need to be properly fleshed out.

1. After a double shadow kick knocks the opponent fullscreen I like to do a 3rd shadow kick to get into neutral space. From this point Jade can easily reach the opponent and see most attacks coming. She can land a Pole Slam or do another two shadow kicks without fear. Double shadow kicks build a lot of meter.

2. Jade needs to build as much meter as possible, so, I personally like to activate the shadow glow whenever I have the opportunity. I like to use shadow glow after a pole slam, during combos, on wakeup, and any other time I have a free moment to build meter.

3. After a pole slam you can go into a b2, but, if you do that enough times you can train your opponent to expect it and throw them instead.

4. I think her standing 3 has enough stun for a safe jump into more pressure, but, I haven't tested it much. Hopefully the stun on it is good enough to pressure them more.

5. I know that 2 3 2 into Ex. Up Boomerang is a frame trap, but, I'm not sure of its effectiveness. I enjoy using it when the opponent's life is very low or if they have very crappy armor. When they block it I go into either 1 2 pressure or f2 1 2 pressure. Any traps that help build as much meter as possible.

6. After a throw she can land a pole slam without fear.

Hey, I have been working on a few new ideas for Jade Tech and I would really appreciate it if someone would help me test it out. Her frame traps are not spectacular but they are there and they need to be properly fleshed out.

1. After a double shadow kick knocks the opponent fullscreen I like to do a 3rd shadow kick to get into neutral space. From this point Jade can easily reach the opponent and see most attacks coming. She can land a Pole Slam or do another two shadow kicks without fear. Double shadow kicks build a lot of meter.

2. Jade needs to build as much meter as possible, so, I personally like to activate the shadow glow whenever I have the opportunity. I like to use shadow glow after a pole slam, during combos, on wakeup, and any other time I have a free moment to build meter.

3. After a pole slam you can go into a b2, but, if you do that enough times you can train your opponent to expect it and throw them instead.

4. I think her standing 3 has enough stun for a safe jump into more pressure, but, I haven't tested it much. Hopefully the stun on it is good enough to pressure them more.

5. I know that 2 3 2 into Ex. Up Boomerang is a frame trap, but, I'm not sure of its effectiveness. I enjoy using it when the opponent's life is very low or if they have very crappy armor. When they block it I go into either 1 2 pressure or f2 1 2 pressure. Any traps that help build as much meter as possible.

I strongly agree with number 3.
I also agree with number 2.

I disagree with most statements when you say without fear. The enemy can wakeup. They can teleport, bait it with a projectile, armor through it.
3 is neutral on hit. So you can keep going, most people expect 3,4....3 overhead, etc. So i sometimes like to do blocked 3 into grab or 3 ex glow If you know your 3 is gonna hit, why would you not combo and go for a jp?

as for 23f2, the opponent can jump out of 3 into f2. so becareful with that.

but like i said, i love doing overhead into grab, a lot expect a b2 like you stated :)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

1.) This is the best part of your post. I've recently been implementing her shadow kick as a way to close gaps to somewhat pressure my opponents (very similar to how Retpile mains use his dash to get close and then cross up, initiate a second dash, force ball, etc., etc.,) However, I think it's most effective in just getting Jade back into midscreen range where she excels.

2.) This is very well known amongst Jade mains and yes, Jade should be flashing as often as possible. ;)

3.) Be careful of abusing her B2 at close range...it's punishable. After a blocked Staff Slam I like to go into two or three D3's into B2. After the two or three D3's you are at a safe distance to initiate B2.

4.) Standing 3 does in fact stagger/stun the opponent...I believe you can get a JIP...check the frame data.

5.) I rarely use her 23F2 EX Boomerang frame trap...I believe it is safe but they might be able to interrupt towards the end. Again, I never use it so I'm not too sure. ;)

6.) Yup. Due to the distance the opponent is at the Staff Slam is safe...however keep in mind of wake ups that advance the character forward (Kabals Dash, Reptiles dash, Skarlet)

HonkyKong

Wow, I'm humbled that really good players paid attention to this. Its nice to speak with you all. Hopefully with the right information we can make Jade play much easier.

I've recently been thinking that a lot of these tricks are good for baiting the opponent. I think that her 23f2 EX boomerang can be armored or teleported through, so, sometimes I use it to bate EX moves and other moves to get out of it. In a way she uses a bar to get the opponent to spend a bar. Now that you mention it, do you think that if you know they are going to jump out of 23f2 you can neutral jump punish them?

Of course with Jade nothing is without fear. I wanted to exaggerate the safety a little. I like that after her double shadow kicks into another shadow kick she moves into a sweet spot where she can reach the opponent easily or avoid anything she can see coming.

Yeah if her 3 hits you can combo them, I totally stopped thinking about it and focused entirely on pressure and meter building.

Also, if you had any matchup ideas I would really appreciate it. So far I've been working on how to make Kabal and Kenshi less devastating for her.

HonkyKong

I personally feel that Jade has to rushdown to build all of her meter, so, I'm constantly chasing after the other person pecking away at them.

Her 122 string is very interesting and very risky. I like to pressure with 1 and 12 as much as possible and if I know the opponent will attack afterwards I use the last hit to knock them fullscreen. It does very little damage even when it works, but, she needs as much damage as possible.

I just had this thought yesterday, but, I was thinking that her staff slam as good for going over projectiles. I never tried using it that way before.

HonkyKong

1.) This is the best part of your post. I've recently been implementing her shadow kick as a way to close gaps to somewhat pressure my opponents (very similar to how Retpile mains use his dash to get close and then cross up, initiate a second dash, force ball, etc., etc.,) However, I think it's most effective in just getting Jade back into midscreen range where she excels.

2.) This is very well known amongst Jade mains and yes, Jade should be flashing as often as possible. ;)

3.) Be careful of abusing her B2 at close range...it's punishable. After a blocked Staff Slam I like to go into two or three D3's into B2. After the two or three D3's you are at a safe distance to initiate B2.

4.) Standing 3 does in fact stagger/stun the opponent...I believe you can get a JIP...check the frame data.

5.) I rarely use her 23F2 EX Boomerang frame trap...I believe it is safe but they might be able to interrupt towards the end. Again, I never use it so I'm not too sure. ;)

6.) Yup. Due to the distance the opponent is at the Staff Slam is safe...however keep in mind of wake ups that advance the character forward (Kabals Dash, Reptiles dash, Skarlet)
Thanks man I really appreciate the input

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
122 is a horrible idea. If you are looking to catch them off guard do 12~Shadowkick or 12~staff slam.

the 2 is just terribly punishable.

Wow, I'm humbled that really good players paid attention to this. Its nice to speak with you all. Hopefully with the right information we can make Jade play much easier.

I've recently been thinking that a lot of these tricks are good for baiting the opponent. I think that her 23f2 EX boomerang can be armored or teleported through, so, sometimes I use it to bate EX moves and other moves to get out of it. In a way she uses a bar to get the opponent to spend a bar. Now that you mention it, do you think that if you know they are going to jump out of 23f2 you can neutral jump punish them?

Of course with Jade nothing is without fear. I wanted to exaggerate the safety a little. I like that after her double shadow kicks into another shadow kick she moves into a sweet spot where she can reach the opponent easily or avoid anything she can see coming.

Yeah if her 3 hits you can combo them, I totally stopped thinking about it and focused entirely on pressure and meter building.

Also, if you had any matchup ideas I would really appreciate it. So far I've been working on how to make Kabal and Kenshi less devastating for her.

Kenshi = no hope, automatic loss lol.
That's one matchup if you ever have to play in tournament where you NEED to counterpick.
0.5/9.5

Kabal I actually love that MU :)
You can ex glow between some of his pressure.
flash to breathe from his massive zoning.

and just well I dont find it too difficult. It's still bad and she loses, but it's a fun MU

That's one matchup if you ever have to play in tournament where you NEED to counterpick.
0.5/9.5

and just well I dont find it too difficult. It's still bad and she loses, but it's a fun MU
I feel that there are a couple of matchups that are much worse for her than kenshi. I'd rather come across a kenshi than a Lao or Mileena. These two are definitely the ones that makes me feel the most uneasy out of everyone. And I agree with kabal because being able to flash through his zoning does make it a bit easier.

I feel that there are a couple of matchups that are much worse for her than kenshi. I'd rather come across a kenshi than a Lao or Mileena. These two are definitely the ones that makes me feel the most uneasy out of everyone. And I agree with kabal because being able to flash through his zoning does make it a bit easier.
Lao and Mileena I have 3-7

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
0.5/9.5

and i believe you can b1 his nomad dash move?...(kabal). normal and ex version of it...cant remember.. i just kno it is risky doing so simple because of NDC...guess wrong and she is eating a full combo...lol

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
and i believe you can b1 his nomad dash move?...(kabal). normal and ex version of it...cant remember.. i just kno it is risky doing so simple because of NDC...guess wrong and she is eating a full combo...lol
You can b1 the startup frames of anything. And b2 anything including Cage's parry XRay.

I fought a reptile online the other day and I b1'd him out of his ex dash. The funny part is that I didn't do it on purpose. Im pretty sure it'd be tough to do it on reaction though and most likely not really possible to do offline.I laughed so hard because I knew it pissed the guy off.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I fought a reptile online the other day and I b1'd him out of his ex dash. The funny part is that I didn't do it on purpose. Im pretty sure it'd be tough to do it on reaction though and most likely not really possible to do offline.I laughed so hard because I knew it pissed the guy off.
You can use any staff move to beat people out of specials. If you glow green, armor phases right through you and takes damage.
The problem is this: the staff has to be in its active frames.

You can use any staff move to beat people out of specials. If you glow green, armor phases right through you and takes damage.
The problem is this: the staff has to be in its active frames.
So Im guessing that it's something that have to be well timed. Which would be hard as hell to do. And you how she can reset with standing 3 after a b2 in the corner. Well there are a few stages that reverses the side but they only worked on the right side. You dash into the corner after a b2 and you can reset with a 3,4 and it will reverse the sides. She can follow up with whatever after a 3,4. It's not something game changing or anything but it does eliminate you opponent from getting up mashing wake-ups because they expect a low or the overhead from the reset.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So Im guessing that it's something that have to be well timed. Which would be hard as hell to do. And you how she can reset with standing 3 after a b2 in the corner. Well there are a few stages that reverses the side but they only worked on the right side. You dash into the corner after a b2 and you can reset with a 3,4 and it will reverse the sides. She can follow up with whatever after a 3,4. It's not something game changing or anything but it does eliminate you opponent from getting up mashing wake-ups because they expect a low or the overhead from the reset.
Jade's strength is how she can just abare all of the cast with stupid active frames. For example if you anticipate a ninja slide on wakeup you can green glow and use a staff move that can hit crouch block (I used n2 when i played) and the slide does no damage, instead you get pushed all the way back and gain instant advantage to full combo punish the slide with 3,db2,b2,12,23f2,df2/df4df
You can u3 Nomad Dash and if you do it early enough, ND gets literally BLOCKED by the staff placed on the ground. I trolled online Kabals with that shit.
You can b2 -ANYTHING- if you time it right. And by anything I mean I double flawlessed every boss by using the green glow + staff exploit.
You can b1 anything that has a hurtbox at its hit level (H), it beats nomad dash because ND has a hurtbox behind Kabal's head which the staff reaches. If he uses armored version just b1 with green glow.
You can n2 anything with green glow that has armor as long as the active frames apply to the hitbox collision.

Except you'd have to be fuckin' REO to get those things in.

Espio

Kokomo
Jade's strength is how she can just abare all of the cast with stupid active frames. For example if you anticipate a ninja slide on wakeup you can green glow and use a staff move that can hit crouch block (I used n2 when i played) and the slide does no damage, instead you get pushed all the way back and gain instant advantage to full combo punish the slide with 3,db2,b2,12,23f2,df2/df4df
You can u3 Nomad Dash and if you do it early enough, ND gets literally BLOCKED by the staff placed on the ground. I trolled online Kabals with that shit.
You can b2 -ANYTHING- if you time it right. And by anything I mean I double flawlessed every boss by using the green glow + staff exploit.
You can b1 anything that has a hurtbox at its hit level (H), it beats nomad dash because ND has a hurtbox behind Kabal's head which the staff reaches. If he uses armored version just b1 with green glow.
You can n2 anything with green glow that has armor as long as the active frames apply to the hitbox collision.

Except you'd have to be fuckin' REO to get those things in.

If at all possible, could we get some recording of these I'm actually very curious about seeing these types of things and the timings. I'll try them myself this week since I'm going to be looking at Stryker and Jade more closely anyway, but that would be a big help. :).

I know you've discussed this before a while ago.