What's new

Jade Patch Prediction (Based on Kitana)

Agilaz

It has begun
If you play variation 2 then you know there is not any damage. What are you gonna do back343 pole vault? Back 343 amplified glaive then get poked out of it before you can even follow up. Running nitro kick try to use the plus frames and do back 2 amplified pole vault then realize they just duck? I guess you could do down 4, pole vault for some GREAT DAMAGE.
oh no, Cetrion also doesn't do a lot of damage, what A TRASH ASS CHARACTER

You're literally +3 on demand, still have the best d4 in the game, a great 10f poke that can be cancelled and even hitconfirmed, one of the best mid staggers in the game (do fix any hitbox issues though) and your krushing blows are very much usable.

Also b343 pole vault is like what? 20-ish? % almost, guaranteed and unbreakable.

I swear some of you don't know how to value your character's tools

oh no, Cetrion also doesn't do a lot of damage, what A TRASH ASS CHARACTER

You're literally +3 on demand, still have the best d4 in the game, a great 10f poke that can be cancelled and even hitconfirmed, one of the best mid staggers in the game (do fix any hitbox issues though) and your krushing blows are very much usable.

Also b343 pole vault is like what? 20-ish? % almost, guaranteed and unbreakable.

I swear some of you don't know how to value your character's tools
Her crushing blows are lacking. Since she isn't launching people very often they can ALWASY break the 124, or uppercut KB. No one is getting hit by a 28 frame overhead especially in Variation 2 when there is no low mix up. Her forward 343 has no range. Not sure if back343 pole vault is a full 20%. SHE should be able to use the amplified pole vault out of that without jumping over there head. Also, lets be real back 343 is a good mid but it isn't an 8 or 9 frame mid......how often are you really getting someone not blocking back 343 pole vault. You have a better chance for damage doing back 3 throw or back 343 throw........I don't like having to get my damage off of throws! Give her more combo potential for god sakes!

Agilaz

It has begun
Her crushing blows are lacking. Since she isn't launching people very often they can ALWASY break the 124, or uppercut KB. No one is getting hit by a 28 frame overhead especially in Variation 2 when there is no low mix up. Her forward 343 has no range. Not sure if back343 pole vault is a full 20%. SHE should be able to use the amplified pole vault out of that without jumping over there head. Also, lets be real back 343 is a good mid but it isn't an 8 or 9 frame mid......how often are you really getting someone not blocking back 343 pole vault. You have a better chance for damage doing back 3 throw or back 343 throw........I don't like having to get my damage off of throws! Give her more combo potential for god sakes!
you need to play some mirrors against a good jade and then come tell me how trash this character really is, i feel a lot of this is just coming from the character not clicking with you, rather than the character actually being bad

btw the strike/throw meta is what MK11 is all about, if you don't wanna throw people that's your right, but if you don't throw them they'll have no reason to stop blocking, just saying

abyson

Noob
yup sis got no reliable launcher atleast let her have it outside emerald defender

you need to play some mirrors against a good jade and then come tell me how trash this character really is, i feel a lot of this is just coming from the character not clicking with you, rather than the character actually being bad

btw the strike/throw meta is what MK11 is all about, if you don't wanna throw people that's your right, but if you don't throw them they'll have no reason to stop blocking, just saying
I've played a lot of good mirrors. I just wish some of her other tools made more sense or is it ALL just about back 343 since it's her fast mid. Forward 41 and back 1 2 need to be more useful and not death! I need more diversity with her.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
At the end of the day Jade needs better risk/reward ratio and to have more damage in JD and Untameable since they don't rely on zoning.

Denny

Noob
Dude I was playing v2 Jade before any sort of balance patch was even out, fuck outta here telling me I don't play the character lol

She doesn't need all these buffs, you people need to learn that not every character needs to be Joker or Liu Kang, damn
"I Play This Character but I'm OPPOSED to any talk about her being Anywhere Near Top Tier because... because Because!!"

Denny

Noob
At the end of the day Jade needs better risk/reward ratio and to have more damage in JD and Untameable since they don't rely on zoning.
We'll see the Patch Notes in a Few Hours, I'm REALLY Curious to see if she got Anything and if she did, What.
There is a Chance that they won't give her Anything At All if they Already adjusted Skarlet, Rayden and Shao Khan, which is Sad but. Shrug.

Agilaz

It has begun
"I Play This Character but I'm OPPOSED to any talk about her being Anywhere Near Top Tier because... because Because!!"

Because I've been playing NRS games long enough to recognize that this is the first time we've actually got a decent balance going on, but that this balance is EXTREMELY fragile at the same time.

Again, the fact you want this character buffed so much shows you're not playing against people who play the current top tiers optimally. We don't need more of that.

Denny

Noob
Because I've been playing NRS games long enough to recognize that this is the first time we've actually got a decent balance going on, but that this balance is EXTREMELY fragile at the same time.

Again, the fact you want this character buffed so much shows you're not playing against people who play the current top tiers optimally. We don't need more of that.
"You Probably Just SUCK dude but I totally Do Not Suck so Fuck Off with having an Opinion."

Top Tier 75 IQ 4Chan Argument, Buddy. Let us just Not Converse again shallwenowthankyoubye. :coffee:

Agilaz

It has begun
"You Probably Just SUCK dude but I totally Do Not Suck so Fuck Off with having an Opinion."

Top Tier 75 IQ 4Chan Argument, Buddy. Let us just Not Converse again shallwenowthankyoubye. :coffee:
Wow, very witty. You don't get to talk shit when you're always ducking people who challenge you.

The game's balance shouldn't be tuned around people dicking around in towers or mashing buttons against each other. That would create more problems than it solves.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You have no idea how to play Jade effectively if you think any part of b2 should be made mid.

My proposed changes:
Universal

Fix whiffing issues (especially aerial b343)
f2 startup in 20 frames
b1 start up in 13 frames
New KB from b12 (kounterhit/punish) causes launch
b12 armour breaks + KBs

Variation specific
Up rangs 2 frames faster startup

bf3 KB reworked to trigger on 3rd amplify
bf3 (amp) combos from b343

projectile reflect can be enhanced immediately.

Agilaz

It has begun
You have no idea how to play Jade effectively if you think any part of b2 should be made mid.

My proposed changes:
Universal

Fix whiffing issues (especially aerial b343)
f2 startup in 20 frames
b1 start up in 13 frames
New KB from b12 (kounterhit/punish) causes launch
b12 armour breaks + KBs

Variation specific
Up rangs 2 frames faster startup

bf3 KB reworked to trigger on 3rd amplify
bf3 (amp) combos from b343

projectile reflect can be enhanced immediately.
Now this seems more reasonable

Denny

Noob
Wow, very witty. You don't get to talk shit when you're always ducking people who challenge you.

The game's balance shouldn't be tuned around people dicking around in towers or mashing buttons against each other. That would create more problems than it solves.
Why do you even worry that a Backwater Forum's "Disclaimer: This Is All For Fun" post would suddenly affect Game Balance?

These People have been Developing Games for DECADES.

You don't have to be a Dick to me to Protect the Game my Opinion matters Nothing lmfao get real