What's new

Jade Patch Prediction (Based on Kitana)

Denny

Noob
This is Strictly based on what I've seen Kitana getting changed in Previous Patches.
Bit of a Wishful Thinking but why not.

Hit Regions for the following moves are addressed and repaired accordingly.
B3 becomes a true mid, can no longer be low profiled or jumped, with a Hitbox similar to Liu Kang's F4 or Erron Black's B2.
B3434 no longer whiffs on airborne opponents at any height.
F21, B12 and all staff moves otherwise no longer whiff at any Height: The staff itself becomes a Hitbox rather than arbitrary hit regions.
B2 becomes high, mid, high, both high hits becoming True Highs and hit airborne more effectively. The mid is True Mid and cannot be low profiled.
D1, D4 no longer have Phantom Hurtboxes that can be grabbed from much farther away than their actual visual cues.
Pole Vault's Hit Region is adjusted so that it does not get Low Profiled or otherwise circumvented, increasing its effectiveness to a more Acceptable Margin.
Jade's Crouching Hitbox matches her model.
BF2 Deadly Butterfly can be used as Anti-Air and catches everything around her in a 180 degree arc, including behind like its visual cue suggests.
Wakeup U3 can no longer be low profiled.
BF1 Meterburn becomes a Mid to match every other similar projectile.
DF4 Nitro Kick gains a hitbox on its full High Surface so it cannot be jumped over. It is still a high and can be ducked.
DF4MB Nitro Kick Enhanced becomes safe on block or launches, like other Advancing Special moves of its kind. Not sure which. Currently it's highly ineffective as an advancing special and there is little to no incentive to use it, seeing as it leads to no Damage or Setup but puts you at immense risk for no reward at all.

Frame Data of the following moves adjusted as follows.
F2 becomes 22f startup, -20 on block.
D1 becomes 6f because of its diminutive range, or gains better range. It also hopefully becomes more negative on block, like I suspect all D1 pokes will. I hope.
BF2 becomes safe on block.
4 in B3434 launches like other similar strings in the game with similar risks. Her overall damage remains mediocre still.
D2 becomes 10f startup, -50 on whiff.
D4 pushes opponents back for a shorter distance to allow set-ups.

Fatal Blow loses armor, increased damage by 10%, starts up at 15f.

Krushing Blow damage increased to match the overall damages of Krushing Blows in the game.

Variations:
Air Glaive becomes universal.
Deadly Assassin becomes universal.
Emerald Defender gains Meter Burn Dodging Shadows which allows for complete immunity to all forms of zoning.
Jaded's Meter Burn Pole Vault Kick gains additional + frames on block, becomes a mid.
Untamable gains Delia's Dance.

This is just for fun. Write your predictions.

Last edited:
Hopefully this happens but ill only be covering over what I want for jaded/universal changes.
Universal changes:

F4-1 be -10 with slightly enhanced push back

Blazing nitro kick become plus 4 maybe pushing 5

Make 2-1 not drop on a air born aponent

Tbh i yours seems great, would love to see if they add this to the game

my predications of boy.....lol I predict she barely gets touched with very slight hardly noticeable buffs. After all she is not Kitana and I don't really think she is that much of a priority. In fact from what I've heard others say in MK9 Jade was low tier so I don't think they would have a problem keeping her low tier because after all someone has to be right? I really like your ideas and wish they would come true! Sadly us Jade players probably will be disappointed once again

Some things I wish to see...
-The high mid high idea for back 2 would be amazing!
-back forward 1 amplified being a mid SHOULD really happen.....DO all others have their second projectile being a mid? Also since she doesn't have combos the plus frames are good to keep the opponent guessing but becomes worthless once they learn to just neutral duck and poke her out of it EVERY time.
- Deadly assassin strings need to be base kit.
-Pole vault amplified needs to be more useful.....like what is the point of it. You can't use it with back 343 because it goes right over them.....THIS should not be a thing. I believe you can use it with 21 and it works. I believe forward 34 is a NO also. It's just kind of pointless.
- Would love delia's dance to be in Variation 3
-more range on the start up of back 343 .....Jade is severely lacking in the mid department. Back 343 doesn't cut it for range. Forward 41 has decent range but it's way to slow and very unsafe. Up close she gets stomped....her best tool up close I would say is her back 3 which still doesn't compare to other characters frames......also up close her uppercut is good since its fast but if you go against a good experienced opponent they just wait for it then uppercut you instead! She can't really go for an overhead when very close to an opponent because its just way to slow and gets poked out of it.
-more range on forward 343 , the range is very short
-Parry ....please god make the start up frames on par with ALL OTHER parry's in the game. It's to slow, I get hit out of it even when I already see the animation started up ....the recovery is GREAT but the active frame are to short....I wish It was holdable . I mean if I try to anticipate someone charging in with something I can do the parry then be done with it just in time to be slaughtered by the incoming assault. Seems to happen far to often....needs more active frames.
-I think her glow should have less recovery. People try to act like this tool is over powered but don't get that its a huge risk and people bait you to do it just so they can punish you. Jade is only a mediocre zoner in her emerald defender variation.....the other two variations she isn't a zoner. Her regular glaive is extremely slow and can't trade with anyone's projectile. Glow being a base move for all variations should be more useful and shouldn't be a punishment . She isn't getting an extra damage buff.....she just avoids SOME projectiles not all! Lui kang shouldn't be able to out zone Jade and also destroy her up close....it's just not fair....and this goes for many other match ups.
-Overall I just wish jade was more fun to play. More combo potential. Less unsafe shit which seems to be be plaguing her. More reward for her risk instead of HIGH RISK LOW REWARD situation.
-Back forward 2 needs to become more useful......the animation is beautiful but its just to much of a risk......There should be an amplified version......Not sure exactly but something is needed with this special move.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
So I um...I consider Jade my second "main" but um....most of these are overkill. Jade just needs consistent damage, safer strings and reworked crushing blows. Although I do agree with some changes like the F21. Also kitana never received changes the way you are suggesting for Jade. Kitana only got variation buffs.

John_NX

God Forbid Jade becomes better than Bottom Five, right?

If she gets more damage, more safety on her strings and more reliable CB's Jade will probably legit be top 5-15. Most of these changes you suggested like BF2 and DF4 being made safe will just make her braindead. Also better pokes? She already has GREAT pokes. No. However, You do make a lot of good points, like increasing the range of her B3, BF1 amplified as a mid for chip and plus frames.

Denny

Noob
If she gets more damage, more safety on her strings and more reliable CB's Jade will probably legit be top 5-15. Most of these changes you suggested like BF2 and DF4 being made safe will just make her braindead. Also better pokes? She already has GREAT pokes. No. However, You do make a lot of good points, like increasing the range of her B3, BF1 amplified as a mid for chip and plus frames.
Hey, this Thread is for FUN. You think That, I think This.
Im all for buffing my mains but please, have some common sense.
Yeah, I don't think we should continue this "Conversation". It is going Nowhere: We are not the people deciding and this is becoming Seriously Stupid.
You're rubbing me the wrong way, I do not want Bad Blood in here.

John_NX

Hey, this Thread is for FUN. You think That, I think This.

Yeah, I don't think we should continue this "Conversation". It is going Nowhere: We are not the people deciding and this is becoming Seriously Stupid.
You're rubbing me the wrong way, I do not want Bad Blood in here.
I'm sorry if I came off as aggressive towards you but my point is that, as much as we want Jade to be buffed, these changes are overkill and will never happen. Have a good one.

Denny

Noob
You can Laugh but I actually Mean It. I've been waiting for Jade for like Ten Years and now she's Bottom Five again, I don't know why Mr. Boon Hates Her so Much that she's being kept Bad but I'm Not Liking it.

abyson

Noob
how about they make her less of the queen of highs, only impatient players get bonked by her in the neutral. and yeah some of the previous changes mentioned except shadow kick being safe. However, hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like jade to have lol

abyson

Noob
and please i hope they leave D2 alone if they dont plan on fixing jump in attacks priority and anti-airs atleast let jade players have something

Agilaz

It has begun
Being bottom 5 in this game legit doesn't mean anything, with the possible exception being Shao Kahn right now. Especially when you consider she's in the same tier as Baraka.

To add to that, considering the changes you're asking for i doubt you're playing at a level where tiers actually matter

B2 having a mid hit? Get out lol

I can agree with some hitbox changes, but things like a 6f d1? Why? You already have one the best d4's in the game to keep you at her optimal range.

It feels like you just want Jade to play a completely different game or just be good at everything rather than be slightly improved on the things she's supposed to do well.

Amp nitro kick safe. Again, why? The amp comes out on block and can have different timings as well. That's your mixup. Yes, its risky, but the last thing we should be doing is adding more low risk / high reward shit to the game. If you've ever played against good players you would understand the value of safety over damage, and here you are asking for both when she's already pretty decently balanced.

My suggestion is to make her string extensions universal and fix her hitbox issues. That's literally all she needs. No, we shouldn't give her a safe meterless launcher in the corner, or a +7 mid projectile, what the hell

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Being bottom 5 in this game legit doesn't mean anything, with the possible exception being Shao Kahn right now. Especially when you consider she's in the same tier as Baraka.

To add to that, considering the changes you're asking for i doubt you're playing at a level where tiers actually matter

I can agree with some hitbox changes, but things like a 6f d1? Why? You already have one the best d4's in the game to keep you at her optimal range.

It feels like you just want Jade to play a completely different game or just be good at everything rather than be slightly improved on the things she's supposed to do well.

Amp nitro kick safe. Again, why? The amp comes out on block and can have different timings as well. That's your mixup. Yes, its risky, but the last thing we should be doing is adding more low risk / high reward shit to the game. If you've ever played against good players you would understand the value of safety over damage, and here you are asking for both when she's already pretty decently balanced.

My suggestion is to make her string extensions universal and fix her hitbox issues. That's literally all she needs. No, we shouldn't give her a safe meterless launcher in the corner, or a +7 mid projectile, what the hell
I'm glad someone said it, thank you.

My suggestion:
  • B3434 string fixed whiffing issue
  • B3 does slightly more damage (from 3% to 5%)
  • Glaive startup reduce by 2 frames. This 3rd change allow her to do this combo: D2 krushing blow, B3 ex glaive (this part is very hard to time, it whiffs a lot), D4 shadow kick more consistently.
Now you have a Jade that plays exactly the same as before, with slightly more combo damage and tiny little more chip damage from her main string

abyson

Noob

I dont see anything wrong with having atleast one of the hits of B2 as a mid like its just a poke that can be special cancelled with the only safe special options being in jaded so why not have it as a more reliable poke just for the sake of being a poke and yeah jades strings are design similar to a zoner though unlike the actual zoners in MK11 most are death on block if it were that way for shang skarlet and cetrion it wont be a problem so yeah having a +7 mid razor rang will help her be allot more safer and plug her multiple flawless block gaps

As for the nitro kick i think it should be left alone it doesnt need any changes

and yeah D4 is really great though unfortunately neutral ducking diminishes most of her safe-ish options following it especially online. Thats why the mid in B2....

She does need the launcher though it doesnt have to be safe or meterless, lets leave the excessive cheap stuff for geras so he can be nerfed progressively and then eventually deleted lol

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
You can Laugh but I actually Mean It. I've been waiting for Jade for like Ten Years and now she's Bottom Five again, I don't know why Mr. Boon Hates Her so Much that she's being kept Bad but I'm Not Liking it.
bottom 5 along with the likes of baraka and cetrion....Man this game has such balancing problems! Lord knows cetrion is the worst thing ever. Soooooooo many 7-3 matchups.

And if you ever truly played Jade for more then a half hour your would Know she is a High RISK LOW REWARD character all around. She has no combos and no damage. She needs to be buffed.

abyson

Noob
but yeah just like Denny said all this predictions are for fun so you can be as wild as you want with your imagination im guessing but of course we will always have the anti buff jade police atleast let there be one of these threads without arguments and gaslighting

but yeah just like Denny said all this predictions are for fun so you can be as wild as you want with your imagination im guessing but of course we will always have the anti buff jade police atleast let there be one of these threads without arguments and gaslighting
She needs it....people seem to forget that Jade has two variations that aren't "zoning" variations. In those variations she has only her slow regular glaive that won't trade with any projectile. So then these two other variations suffer because she is built as a "zoner" and shouldn't be good fighting up close. Lui Kang is a zoner and good up close. Sonya is a zoner and good up close.

Agilaz

It has begun
She needs it....people seem to forget that Jade has two variations that aren't "zoning" variations. In those variations she has only her slow regular glaive that won't trade with any projectile. So then these two other variations suffer because she is built as a "zoner" and shouldn't be good fighting up close. Lui Kang is a zoner and good up close. Sonya is a zoner and good up close.
Dude I was playing v2 Jade before any sort of balance patch was even out, fuck outta here telling me I don't play the character lol

She doesn't need all these buffs, you people need to learn that not every character needs to be Joker or Liu Kang, damn

Dude I was playing v2 Jade before any sort of balance patch was even out, fuck outta here telling me I don't play the character lol

She doesn't need all these buffs, you people need to learn that not every character needs to be Joker or Liu Kang, damn
If you play variation 2 then you know there is not any damage. What are you gonna do back343 pole vault? Back 343 amplified glaive then get poked out of it before you can even follow up. Running nitro kick try to use the plus frames and do back 2 amplified pole vault then realize they just duck? I guess you could do down 4, pole vault for some GREAT DAMAGE.