What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
@Shale101 @GLoRToR not sure if this is worth anything or if it has something to do with my settings (I do not use negative edge, input leniency, or additional special direction inputs).

I was having issues getting Delia's out of b343, and I realized that for whatever reason, the back input in b343 is not hung onto by the game when going for bf2 at the end of the string. I found that I had to release the back input after hitting b3(43) and press it again when doing bf2. After making this change, I never drop Delia's after b343.

I dont understand why this is even a thing tbh, why does the game not hang on to the back input here, I've tested this with other strings in the game and it doesnt seem to be a uniform thing.
That's how negative edge works basically.
It preserves your first directional input.

B3F2
B3F1

B1F2
B1F2

These all work. Inputting more than 1 button after the initial directional input erases this.
So B34 wouldn't work either, if it existed.

My problem is more that B343,4 is janky as fuck and I can only really get it to work if I slide my fingers 3434 and sometimes I just get the 4 at the end.
It's mostly my fault for not stopping at 3 or not being fast enough with bf2, but if B343.4 wasn't janky it would probably be a bit better.

Eh, it works with b3 examples if you hit back at the same time as or briefly before 3, but if you are holding back then hit 3 then f1, you dont get the bf1 for example. The game does not hang on to the direction input if it is input prior for even a half second. You can walk back and at any time hit 3 and you will get back 3, but if you do that and try to then hit f1 immediately after, you arent getting the bf1. This happens regardless of whether you have negative edge enabled or not. Negative edge only effects 123 & 4, but doesnt do anything with directions.

Same happens with b343, you can test it in game.

But I digress, i understand the issue with certain dial in strings. On stick, I piano b343 quickly, on pad i assume yeah you probably are best off sliding your thumb across 3 into 4 and back to 3 again.

Just wanted to point out for me it was causing a great deal of annoyance until I went and checked and realized the directional input issue, as inwould almost always hold b after starting b343 and was constantly wondering why the fuck I wasnt getting glaive or dalias at the end.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Eh, it works with b3 examples if you hit back at the same time as or briefly before 3, but if you are holding back then hit 3 then f1, you dont get the bf1 for example. The game does not hang on to the direction input if it is input prior for even a half second. You can walk back and at any time hit 3 and you will get back 3, but if you do that and try to then hit f1 immediately after, you arent getting the bf1. This happens regardless of whether you have negative edge enabled or not. Negative edge only effects 123 & 4, but doesnt do anything with directions.

Same happens with b343, you can test it in game.

But I digress, i understand the issue with certain dial in strings. On stick, I piano b343 quickly, on pad i assume yeah you probably are best off sliding your thumb across 3 into 4 and back to 3 again.

Just wanted to point out for me it was causing a great deal of annoyance until I went and checked and realized the directional input issue, as inwould almost always hold b after starting b343 and was constantly wondering why the fuck I wasnt getting glaive or dalias at the end.
I hate that this game literally forces you to mash buttons instead of clean inputs.
Total jank.

the micro duck meta is not for Jade. If you want to microduck a high and punish, you can't press B2 or B3 because the game will think it's glow or spark (if you have spark equipped). You can microduck into 2 or 1 but they are short jab and can't punish a lot of things

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
the micro duck meta is not for Jade. If you want to microduck a high and punish, you can't press B2 or B3 because the game will think it's glow or spark (if you have spark equipped). You can microduck into 2 or 1 but they are short jab and can't punish a lot of things
21 is a 11f mid
I do 21-exglaive for plusframes or 21-nitro for damage / backoff or 21-delia works too.

Special input on short, disable release check, and disable easier special inputs.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Special input on short, disable release check, and disable easier special inputs.
Was just about to post the same. It's legit an entirely different experience when you properly adjust the controller settings.