What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can someone explain to me why Jaded doesn't just get the run cancel for free with the pole vault. Why does it take a slot for just the cancel? Mileena gets the cancel for free and so does terminator with their running attacks. Mileena is really good up close range and can 50/50 you non stop. Her dash is a low with very good range. Terminator for free gets several options out of the run(including a cancel). You also have to have the blazing nitro kick equipped to get the running shadow kick. It's so annoying to me.....at least give her the run cancel with the pole vault for free!!
You want to compare Jade’s safe, higher damaging, KB giving, not combo starter over-riding pole vault with Mileena’s?

And which 50/50s are you referring to of Mileena’s? Her block staggers? Because Jade certainly has stagger/block pressure.

Mileena’s cancel isn’t free.
Mileena’s dash is full-combo punishable on block, as opposed to Jade being either -3 or +3.
Mileena doesn’t have Jade’s range or superior zoning, amongst other things.

I could continue, but I don’t want to embarrass you any further. Go visit the lab.
hunny im aware that the pole vault is safer....IT SHOULD BE.....mileena has basically a full screen low sub zero style!....she can hold it.....cancel it.....all for one skill. If you are playing jaded boo....what zoning you talking about? The double high SLOW projectile when amped? Isnt mileena's regular projectile a low when amped? Jade's good tools are ALL high....shadow kick....back 2......uppercut.....pole vault into shadow kick(requires pole vault)......... SO ironic you say JADE has superior zoning when mileena hardly can be zoned with her teleport!! Like i said i'm talking about jaded.....NOT her zoning variation. I want to play a rush down variation of jade....not a boring zoning variation. She doesn't have the mix up potential that mileena has with her running variation. Range isn't an issue when you can just RUN in. You act like Jade's range is going to do ANY good if you run in....what and try 28 frames forward 21 hahahahahaha good luck with that!

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
hunny im aware that the pole vault is safer....IT SHOULD BE.....mileena has basically a full screen low sub zero style!....she can hold it.....cancel it.....all for one skill. If you are playing jaded boo....what zoning you talking about? The double high projectile when amped? Isnt mileena's regular projectile a low when amped? Jade's good tools are ALL high....shadow kick....back 2......uppercut.....pole vault into shadow kick(requires pole vault)......... SO ironic you say JADE has superior zoning when mileena hardly can be zoned with her teleport!! Like i said i'm talking about jaded.....NOT her zoning variation. I want to play a rush down variation of jade....not a boring zoning variation. She doesn't have the mix up potential that mileena has with her running variation. Range isn't an issue when you can just RUN in. You act like Jade's range is going to do ANY good if you run in....what and try 28 frames forward 21 hahahahahaha good luck with that!
If you’re having trouble getting in or playing footsies then you’re playing this variation of Jade wrong.

I understand how you WANT her to play, but that’s not how she actually plays. Either play the character as she is, or pick another combination of variation moves. This is something that isn’t going to change.

If you’re having trouble getting in or playing footsies then you’re playing this variation of Jade wrong.

I understand how you WANT her to play, but that’s not how she actually plays. Either play the character as she is, or pick another combination of variation moves. This is something that isn’t going to change.
my whole point is other characters have running moves with better options WHY does jade need two different skills COMPLETELY tied to one special move.....CANCEL....and blazing nitro kick to GET the running kick is BS. Mileena and Terminator get the cancel .....its not a separate SLOT.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
hunny im aware that the pole vault is safer....IT SHOULD BE.....mileena has basically a full screen low sub zero style!....she can hold it.....cancel it.....all for one skill. If you are playing jaded boo....what zoning you talking about? The double high SLOW projectile when amped? Isnt mileena's regular projectile a low when amped? Jade's good tools are ALL high....shadow kick....back 2......uppercut.....pole vault into shadow kick(requires pole vault)......... SO ironic you say JADE has superior zoning when mileena hardly can be zoned with her teleport!! Like i said i'm talking about jaded.....NOT her zoning variation. I want to play a rush down variation of jade....not a boring zoning variation. She doesn't have the mix up potential that mileena has with her running variation. Range isn't an issue when you can just RUN in. You act like Jade's range is going to do ANY good if you run in....what and try 28 frames forward 21 hahahahahaha good luck with that!
I don’t think you know what irony is, sweetie. The fact you just listed Jade’s “only good tools” while failing to mention B3 or D4 tells me all I need to know. That and claiming a 21 frame teleport that is death on block is an almighty anti-zoning tool while refusing to acknowledge Jade’s projectile immunity. Absolutely tragic.

I don’t think you know what irony is, sweetie. The fact you just listed Jade’s “only good tools” while failing to mention B3 or D4 tells me all I need to know. That and claiming a 21 frame teleport that is death on block is an almighty anti-zoning tool while failing to mention Jade’s projectile immunity. Absolutely tragic.
booo hoo.... go look up jade's recovery on her glow and then get back to me....or her low projectile. Cry me a freaking river honey....Mileena can do forward 4 is it? into the rest of the string which has an overhead or constantly just do the forward 4 into the low dash....or dash and cancel..... and she has two other slots she gets to pick. Don't feel bad for you.....

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Not even worth quoting the posts of this cretin anymore. Dismisses any refutals or points dismantling their erroneous claims and then responds with poorly written paragraphs consisting of nothing but Jade downplay.

A lot of opinions on Mileena’s dash for someone who didn’t lab it for the 1 second required to figure out that her cancel costs defensive meter, just as Jade’s does. Let me reiterate again for the intellectually stunted: Mileena’s dash is FULL COMBO PUNISHABLE. It is not comparable to Pole Vault, which is either safe or PLUS and has a KB attached. The mental gymnastics required to think otherwise are Olympic level and I think I’ll start calling you Simone Biles if I have to endure another post of yours. Goodbye.

Not even worth quoting the posts of this cretin anymore. Dismisses any refutals or points dismantling their erroneous claims and then responds with poorly written paragraphs consisting of nothing but Jade downplay.

A lot of opinions on Mileena’s dash for someone who didn’t lab it for the 1 second required to figure out that her cancel costs defensive meter, just as Jade’s does. Let me reiterate again for the intellectually stunted: Mileena’s dash is FULL COMBO PUNISHABLE. It is not comparable to Pole Vault, which is either safe or PLUS and has a KB attached. The mental gymnastics required to think otherwise are Olympic level and I think I’ll start calling you Simone Biles if I have to endure another post of yours. Goodbye.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Aw, trying to change the narrative now because you can’t admit you’re wrong? Can you do a back handspring for me next, Simone?

Temptress

Edenian Empress
The same reading comprehension that allows you to conveniently ignore any text that contradicts or debunks your firm belief that Jade is terrible? What an embarrassment.

The same reading comprehension that allows you to conveniently ignore any text that contradicts or debunks your firm belief that Jade is terrible? What an embarrassment.
says the mileena stan and down player who rushes into a jade thread to down play.....and wait her pole vault is plus huh? hmmmmmm no

Afumba

Noob
my whole point is other characters have running moves with better options WHY does jade need two different skills COMPLETELY tied to one special move.....CANCEL....and blazing nitro kick to GET the running kick is BS. Mileena and Terminator get the cancel .....its not a separate SLOT.
Would you really prefer Jade had an all in one pole vault but full combo punishable with a sad cancel? You cant be serious...

I agree that their should be only 2 abilities, pole vault and cancel+nitro. But comparing it to Mileenas Kahnum dash is silly. Pole Vault on his own is better for Jade than Kahnum is for Mileena. Even compared to each other Pole Vault wins.

Also... Kahnum doesnt just cost 1 slot, it costs 1slot+roll... which is a stupidly high price. You have a funny definition of free.

So bottom line... Jade gets slightly cheated on slots as she has to commit her whole setup to it (fair would be 2 slots), but Mileena gets totally ripped off, hogtied and thrown into a river.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
says the mileena stan and down player who rushes into a jade thread to down play.....and wait her pole vault is plus huh? hmmmmmm no
Ah, yes, the “Mileena stan” who has loved Jade for as long as I have Mileena. Another pathetic and failed attempt at an argument thanks to your sub-40 IQ preventing you from constructing anything of actual substance.

Yes, her PV kick is +3. Another thing you would know if you spent less time whinging and more time labbing.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
To be fair, it is pretty dumb that Jade has to equip a cancel. Maybe if her vault was base like Kabal’s dash, but yes, most characters with similar abilities don’t have to equip a cancel separately.

Ah, yes, the “Mileena stan” who has loved Jade for as long as I have Mileena. Another pathetic attempt at an argument because your sub-40 IQ can’t construct anything of actual substance.

Yes, her PV kick is +3. Another thing you would know if you spent less time whinging and more time labbing.
oh wait what dear.....is that pole vault kick u said......ohhhhhh im so sorryyyyyyyy .....requires another slot for blazing nitro kick.......BYE SIS...pole vault is not plus

Temptress

Edenian Empress
oh wait what dear.....is that pole vault kick u said......ohhhhhh im so sorryyyyyyyy .....requires another slot for blazing nitro kick.......BYE SIS...pole vault is not plus
Refer back to your first post specifically discussing Jaded, the variation with the +3 kick. Moron.

Remind me, which move do you use to access the +3 kick? Hahahahaha
You said pole vault....NOT PoLe VAULT KICK......dont try to switch it up now......you dont get the pole vault kick without the blazing nitro slotted.....pole vault doesnt come with the kick......is it that hard to understand?

Temptress

Edenian Empress
You said pole vault....NOT PoLe VAULT KICK......dont try to switch it up now......you dont get the pole vault kick without the blazing nitro slotted.....pole vault doesnt come with the kick......is it that hard to understand?
Simone Biles perfectly executes the triple double and lands... straight onto my ignore list.

Next level stupid.

Would you really prefer Jade had an all in one pole vault but full combo punishable with a sad cancel? You cant be serious...

I agree that their should be only 2 abilities, pole vault and cancel+nitro. But comparing it to Mileenas Kahnum dash is silly. Pole Vault on his own is better for Jade than Kahnum is for Mileena. Even compared to each other Pole Vault wins.

Also... Kahnum doesnt just cost 1 slot, it costs 1slot+roll... which is a stupidly high price. You have a funny definition of free.

So bottom line... Jade gets slightly cheated on slots as she has to commit her whole setup to it (fair would be 2 slots), but Mileena gets totally ripped off, hogtied and thrown into a river.
I would LOVE if cancel+nitro where one skill because then i STILL would get an extra slot. Pole vault obviously offers safety which Mileena does not have with the dash. You have to take into consideration that mileena's dash is a low and not a mid. The range is also very good. She can mix you up a lot with her forward 4....she can do forward 4 3 into the low dash which is an overhead into a low or just do plain forward 4 into the low dash which is a constant mind game. Her low sai can be amplified to be a low. Her back 2 overhead which just knocks down but I think is safe. So she has a lot of mix ups constantly because its like will she do an overhead or the low ? When jade has all 3 slots taken up for this rush down variation she loses her mix up potential. She isnt a combo character to begin with so i guess its just leaves the throwing games. I just wish it was only 2 slots.