What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
ya i think your right i was only able to do it with easy KB on......doesn't seem to work for me otherwise....would have be nice! back to the drawing board for Jade
oops yeh thats embarassing. I forgot the 2 has to be the first hit. I just thought the 1 had to whiff.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
oops yeh thats embarassing. I forgot the 2 has to be the first hit. I just thought the 1 had to whiff.
That'd be so damn sexy if it worked that way, though. Imagine: consistent, confirmable damage once a match! For JADE of all people!

abyson

Noob
shadow kick breaking all armor is the best buff IMO hopefully there will be more changes later but im kinda satisfied for now if a character gets too many buffs it just leads to more reckless gameplay that will end up with the character nerfed

That'd be so damn sexy if it worked that way, though. Imagine: consistent, confirmable damage once a match! For JADE of all people!
I know, right? :)

Not sure if this has been posted before, but you can get 124 KB by anti-air with 1.

1 has to hit at the apex of opponent’s jump (coming down is too late), so timing is tricky as sometimes you can get beat out.

The animation looks a bit strange as the KB ‘sucks in’ the opponent.

The timing is pretty tight, but doable if you expect the jump in, and you are spaced at the round-beginning distance.

Easiest to test in practice, record opponent jumping in with any attack.

I am excited about the changes because they are subtle - but also makes her easier to use and space. The threat of a 10f (jaded) / 12f shadow kick that breaks Fatal Blow and Breakaway on read (and can be amplified and/or KB) gives her that damage burst that can change a round.

As a v3 player, the pokes being made safer (especially B2, now I am curious about the punish on the gap for B2(gap)124) is great. B1 after Vanishing Wind hit is spaced perfectly as resetting to neutral, hit or miss (being safer).

In v3, a better finisher with 3221 can mean she has comparable (though still lower end) damage now. Less predictable game play where it’s always 322-Shadow kick, with opponent waiting for shadow kick KB as I wanted damage. Not saying one 3221 combo makes up for the KB - but several over the match will make the opponent relax and eat a KB ;)

it’s not the big changes like Kitana; but she can hang better now, with minor nerfs to best in cast like Johnny (those blockstun reduction will take time to punish, but punished they will be). And she is easier to use - so hopefully we’ll get our D2-yolo players to try out her more complicated juggles and give our beloved Jade a better reputation!

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
How is everyone feeling she fairs against the DLC?

Y’all the B1 change is a big deal, that’s a pretty solid change for V2 & V3 especially.
It really is, I love down 4 on hit into it, it feels like the last of the string can be confirmed as well.

Jade has been lacking a safe staff mid for checking the opponent this whole time. Jade is really close to being one of my favorite spacing characters I've ever played. I'm actually floored how people discounted the back 1 change, it's dope as hell.

I've only played ED but I'm looking forward to seeing what people who use the other variations are doing.

Her armor breaker is wonderful now too. People were expecting the kitchen sink, but Jade's buffs seem really sensible and well thought out. I definitely feel like the character is enriched as a result of the changes.

Is it me or the butterfly combos are easier in the corner now?
Honestly seems the same to me, I don't see anything better or worse.

How is everyone feeling she fairs against the DLC?

It really is, I love down 4 on hit into it, it feels like the last of the string can be confirmed as well.

Jade has been lacking a safe staff mid for checking the opponent this whole time. Jade is really close to being one of my favorite spacing characters I've ever played. I'm actually floored how people discounted the back 1 change, it's dope as hell.

I've only played ED but I'm looking forward to seeing what people who use the other variations are doing.

Her armor breaker is wonderful now too. People were expecting the kitchen sink, but Jade's buffs seem really sensible and well thought out. I definitely feel like the character is enriched as a result of the changes.

Honestly seems the same to me, I don't see anything better or worse.
Feeling bitter still. Wishing my main was even mid tier but she just isn't. I assume Shao has sky rocketed past her now.......I like playing Jaded and I haven't really noticed that much from back 1 change to be honest. I still feel like she has way to much High stuff. No good advancing mid. I feel like her over head is way to slow and a huge liability to throw it out there and you can't mix it with the low like emerald defender. I feel like people hyperup Jade's range as being good when in reality its not that good. Her down 4 IS good an her up 2 IS but what do those really lead to? Her overhead as I've said is far to slow ...sindel's covers much further distance and is faster and just better all around. Her 1,2,4 string is a low but the first "hit" which probably doesn't hit 95% of the time because of its range and it's a high is very broadcasted.......so the opponent knows to duck for the second hit. That leaves mixing people up with back 3434, back343 pole vault, back 343 throw. It's not much of a game plan given the tools that other characters have. Her glaives are high even when amplified so people poke you right out of that......her shadow kick is high and doesn't have the range that other characters have for a special......her back 2 is good range and speed but it's a high and punishable. I often find Jade with this supposed good "range" being rushed at so fast by these other characters. Kotal has that really long range mid that just gets in on her quick.....sub zero has that kick and basically a full screen low from the slide. Scorpion has good Mid attacks and decent tools all around and can just ignore neutral by teleporting. Erron Has the slide and the long range over head mix up. The list goes on and on.... something is just really missing for me about her

abyson

Noob
to be honest i feel like on her own the collection of highs that limit her could be a proper way to balance her its just that most characters dont get the same treatment so she kinda plunges with every patch but she is still usable its best to use her unsafe strings that arent necessarily highs at maximum range to increase your options a bit

abyson

Noob
and sheeva has dwarf arms so your biggest concern might be just the stomp and yeah people dont seem to have figured out how to play fujin so hes not threatening yet im really looking forward to learning him with all my heart lol

Last edited:
to be honest i feel like on her own the collection of highs that limit her could be a proper way to balance her its just that most characters dont get the same treatment so she kinda plunges with every patch but she is still usable its best to use her unsafe strings that arent necessarily highs at maximum range to increase your options a bit
Yeah well like I say I play Jaded so back 1,2 or back 1 , pole vault is just nothing really.....doesn't lead to much and rarely isn't block. Then I have the problem if I do the pole vault of being right up close next to the opponent which is not where Jade really wants to be. I do occasionally use forward 4 into amplified glaives and occasionally they block the glaives to allow me to take advantage of the plus frames but i have no intention of using forward 4, 1 when it leads to minimal damage and a knock down and is extremely unsafe when blocked. 4,3 also starts with a high so is kind of useless for me personally.

abyson

Noob
what i think will make her so much better is if they fix her hitbox issues especially the F2 overhead to prevent people from jumping through it that gives her more options and with jaded you get the option to cancel into the pole vault nitro kick to make it safe at least.
Jaded is definitely the weakest fullscreen though so its a bit more realible to use dashing rather than pole vault in order not to become too predictable to a stalling opponent

what i think will make her so much better is if they fix her hitbox issues especially the F2 overhead to prevent people from jumping through it that gives her more options and with jaded you get the option to cancel into the pole vault nitro kick to make it safe at least.
Jaded is definitely the weakest fullscreen though so its a bit more realible to use dashing rather than pole vault in order not to become too predictable to a stalling opponent
that is true I do cancel from the over head into the pole vault nitro kick to try to get plus frames and if im lucky i will get the back 2 into pole vault . If they are good and they know.......the will duck the back 2......i have to then depend on either back 1 pole vault or down 4 pole vault. For some reason i find the timing very tight on when you can begin your next attack after the pole vault nitro kick ......it's like if you are to early the back 2 wont even come out and i will get just another pole vault to which im usually poked out of . Also if im just even a hair late I feel like i get hit......it's very tight window or at least for me....

abyson

Noob
that is true I do cancel from the over head into the pole vault nitro kick to try to get plus frames and if im lucky i will get the back 2 into pole vault . If they are good and they know.......the will duck the back 2......i have to then depend on either back 1 pole vault or down 4 pole vault. For some reason i find the timing very tight on when you can begin your next attack after the pole vault nitro kick ......it's like if you are to early the back 2 wont even come out and i will get just another pole vault to which im usually poked out of . Also if im just even a hair late I feel like i get hit......it's very tight window or at least for me....
yeah there is so much block stun and with the patch before the latest one they made retaliation to a blocked attack more in the defenders favour so you hardly have enough time to attack with just +3 and so much block stun i think it might be too little for burning a meter of course this would not be an issue if she had a few plus strings besides the B3434 that everyone knows how to flawless block

haketh

Noob
Shao absolutely hasn’t gotten better than her lol, the changes were okay but the biggest one was a change that he never really needed & it ended up being more of a nerf anyway.

please tell me more im tired of loosing to him now lol
I hate fighting him.....he seems to be able to get in quick to. I like to pretend im a real rush down character with pressure as Jaded but then I get destroyed by those that know the match up and then I don't know what to do. I'm terrible at playing the poke game.....i never know what to do.....poke then throw? poke then parry? poke and poke again.....poke then go into back 343 .....I always seem to lose .....I''m just bad playing up close.....the rare times I do manage to do the right thing and knock them down or something.....i swear im terrible at guessing with the wake up options. I go for back 3434 and then they roll.......i go for the grab and then use the wake up attack.....I go for the parry and they jump......I wait and delay a second because im scared of the roll full combo punish and they wake up regular attack!.....lol im so bad at guessing

abyson

Noob
i know this struggle it mostly because of lag most people will beat B343 with D1 even when its your turn and also shao khan has a lot of plus frames up close so most of the time it hardly is your turn even when you steal the turn you barely do any damage compared to what he does to you

Last edited:

abyson

Noob
I hate fighting him.....he seems to be able to get in quick to. I like to pretend im a real rush down character with pressure as Jaded but then I get destroyed by those that know the match up and then I don't know what to do. I'm terrible at playing the poke game.....i never know what to do.....poke then throw? poke then parry? poke and poke again.....poke then go into back 343 .....I always seem to lose .....I''m just bad playing up close.....the rare times I do manage to do the right thing and knock them down or something.....i swear im terrible at guessing with the wake up options. I go for back 3434 and then they roll.......i go for the grab and then use the wake up attack.....I go for the parry and they jump......I wait and delay a second because im scared of the roll full combo punish and they wake up regular attack!.....lol im so bad at guessing
i feel walking back a bit is your best option it beats rolls aleast like if you throw razor rangs you can take care of both jumping and rolls even wake up attacks its just that youll be sacrificing getting more damage but i mean when youre in a match you dont really think the most clearly cus of nerves so most of this is just talk im just as much of a flop sometimes lol

Denny

Noob
The entire Character is based around the following, regardless of Variation.
  • Fast Backward Movement (Back Walk and Back Dash are Both Good.)
  • 10f long range Punish (b2) which now has enough Block Stun and Push Back to be actually Safe on Block at its range.
  • 15f long range Mid (b1) in Case they try to Duck B2. Which is now Safe.
  • 11f Mid for When they Get in, with Several Guessing Games.
This is what Jade does. Safe poke game at mid range.

I Kind Of Assume that the Best Variation right now is Emerald Defender.
  • Low Projectile creates Mixups.
  • Anti-Air Projectile creates a Threat of Taking Damage. (DB1MB, B2, DF4 is What I Do but I'm sure there is Better) This can be Meter burned to Make PLUS on Block.
  • Jumping Projectile virtually Destroys the Opponent's Poke Game.
F2 is Semi-Safe in Emerald Defender.
F21 overhead launch is what they want to Avoid.
F2DB3 low pushes them back on Hit but is Unsafe.
F2-Projectile (BF1, DB1) is Safe On Block (Plus if Meter Burned), Stops Advancing, Creates a Layer of Mixup and Keeps Them Guessing.
F2 in itself makes Most Opponents Freeze Up for a Moment.

Denny

Noob
Her main Struggles are:

Overall Bottom Tier Frame Data
  • Where other Characters will be Safe, Jade gets Full Combo Punished.
  • Every Single Move she has comes with a Huge Caveat, a Couple of Bugs and Then Some.
  • She Whiffs. A lot. And this will Cost you the Match enough times to Tear Your Hair Out.
  • Her Projectiles start-up So Slowly that Most Characters can Beat Her Out On Reaction. BF1 is Literally Not Worth Using outside of B1/B2 Scenarios because you Set Yourself Up for a Full Combo Punish or Teleport / Advancing Move crush.
Bad Forward Movement
  • Walking Away from Jade and Neutral Ducking is a Perfectly Valid Strategy.
  • Against Jaded, you have to be Extra Careful, but Vault is Reactable and leads to No Damage or Setup Anyway.
No / Situational / Poor Damage

At the End of the Day, Jade is still Bottom Tier.
Possibly Bottom 1 now that Shao is In The Game.

Last edited: