What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Denny

Noob
I'm expecting Extensive Changes for her and Skarlet soon, based on how Kitana has been basically Re-Tooled. I see no reason why they would do it for Kitana and Cage but not for these two.
And as for Armor Break, it will probably be 124.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So everyone is getting an armor breaking move to deal with breakaways and other armor attacks.

What do people think Jade's will be? I'm hoping it's something universal like back 2 or something versatile since she suffers the most from breakaway due to limited combo potential generally and generally the opponent has meter whenever she does happen to open you up because there's not a lot of incentive to breakaway until she lands her crushing blow.

I'm excited for what changes changes Jade will get as well. I really hope if no customs they totally retool Untamable and look at some of her staff strings like back 1,2 and Forward 4,1.
Depending on how they change Jade, I'm not sure if b2 would be the best choice for her armor break, though I wouldn't complain lol.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Depending on how they change Jade, I'm not sure if b2 would be the best choice for her armor break, though I wouldn't complain lol.
Oddly enough, I can see BF2 as her armor break. It would suck for combo potential, but it's not anything new for Jade to suck at comboing. Here's to hoping it comes equipped with some sort of KB (preferably a raw damage one).

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
So everyone is getting an armor breaking move to deal with breakaways and other armor attacks.

What do people think Jade's will be?
B2 would be my first pick as well. Unfortunately, I'm inclined to believe it will be something like D2 or Shadow Kick (the 2 KBs she can already often land in a match without the help of this new mechanic). She already lacks combo potential so the only time anyone really needs to break away from jade is after a KB launch (with the occasional F2 combo, if they were sleepin'). I truly hope they give Jade a completely new KB tied to whatever this armor breaking move ends up being so she can actually get the KB damage almost everyone else can get, even if she has to use 2 KBs to get it (1 to launch and this new one to blow up the breakaway on a read).

But at the very least I'm crossing my fingers for some V3 changes!

Afumba

Noob

What do people think Jade's will be? I'm hoping it's something universal like back 2 or something versatile since she suffers the most from breakaway due to limited combo potential generally and generally the opponent has meter whenever she does happen to open you up because there's not a lot of incentive to breakaway until she lands her crushing blow.

I'm excited for what changes changes Jade will get as well. I really hope if no customs they totally retool Untamable and look at some of her staff strings like back 1,2 and Forward 4,1.
Dont want to be Mr Negative but given the past year i have no faith in NRS when it comes to Jade. Therefere my guess is that she gets no real adjustments and that her armor breaker will be B1 (with a 20% KB attached to it, no launch).

abyson

Noob
like the subzero mid where he runs across the screen is his armor breaker its plus and it was made faster so it can work on an opponent breaking away, its quite scary because it already is really fast and plus and now it has a Krushing blow so if it breaks wake up armor too you will have to worry about more than over head -slide.
So if they make B1 the armor breaker theyll have to increase its speed too and make the full string a launcher so you just go on with your combo even its just D2 lol.
i didnt really play mk9 online so i never knew how bad jade was but from my experience with mk11 i have learnt not to expect allot or anything at all

Denny

Noob
  • Jade - Pole Strike (Away + Front Punch) now causes 5 more frames of blockstun with increased pushback on block
  • Jade - The last hit of Wiggle Stick (Away + Back Punch) now causes 5 more frames of blockstun with increased pushback on block and has 5 more recovery frames on block
  • Jade - Bending Time (Front Kick , Back Punch, Back Punch, Down + Front Punch) now does 70 damage (up from 50)
  • Jade - Adjusted opponent’s victim region during the hit reaction to Straight Kick (Front Kick)
  • Jade - Slightly adjusted the gravity on the hit reaction to IP Girl (Towards + Back Punch, Front Punch)
  • Jade - Baited (Front Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick) Krushing Blow now has 7 less recovery frames
  • Jade - Blazing Nitro Kick now breaks armor and has an alternate Krushing Blow Condition: Breaks Armor
  • Jade - Fixed an issue the hit region of Side Kick (Away + Front Kick) being incorrect when done as a cancel from Pole Bash (Jump + Back Punch)
  • Jade - Fixed a rare issue that could cause Blazing Nitro Kick & Blazing Nitro Kick Amplify to lose trades against certain attacks
  • Jade - Fixed a rare issue which could cause projectiles reflected with Divine Forces to become stuck floating in the air with specific timing

Denny

Noob
What this means:

B1 is now a legitimate Get Off Me tool. Might be safe. This is Good.
B2 is now technically Safe on Block at Tip Range. Also Good.
322d1 (Untamable) does more Damage, idk about this String, never really used it. High starter, Not Great on block afaik
124 KB is easier to combo off of, not that it was Hard to begin with. Whatever.

Fixes idk about. Probably a Good thing.

I consider this an overall Good run, I wish they fixed all her Whiff Issues, I guess she's unimportant and NRS doesn't care.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
What this means:

B1 is now a legitimate Get Off Me tool. Might be safe. This is Good.
B2 is now technically Safe on Block at Tip Range. Also Good.
322d1 (Untamable) does more Damage, idk about this String, never really used it. High starter, Not Great on block afaik
124 KB is easier to combo off of, not that it was Hard to begin with. Whatever.

Fixes idk about. Probably a Good thing.

I consider this an overall Good run, I wish they fixed all her Whiff Issues, I guess she's unimportant and NRS doesn't care.
:( This is the case for most the base roster characters at this point, it seems.

yup.....hate to say I knew this was coming but........All the evidence from prior patches kind of confirmed what I already knew. She is barely touched. I just hope to god other characters got nerphed I mean I heard someone saying Cetrion got some buffs ( I can't confirm or deny this since I haven't looked yet).

Paulo at it again. Sorry, but NRS balancing feels like a guessing game. It does not even feel pro. It's not even a Jade problem, they do that with other characters too. I guess I should be greateful that 11 balancing is somewhat better than their last 4 games, I guess.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Okay so just gonna chime in with some clarity.

I think Jade's changes are actually really dope, particularly the universal ones.

Jade's armor breaker is universal....this is dope as she definitely needs to be able to blow people out of the water for damage when she can get an opening.

Back 2 change is actually really nice because it means Jade can actually create better space on block so the -13 isn't as scary and then she can still choose different specials to put on the end to create mind games. Only reliable punishes on block to note are: Jacqui dash punch, Sub-Zero slide and Jax (with fatal blow).

Other advancing attacks like Cassie's shadow kick, Liu Kang's flying kick, Johnny's shadow kick(only punishes if you don't space optimally). Kano's also surprisingly doesn't punish.

So punishing it across the roster relies on character specific or less than ideal spacing and Jade also has her special cancels to screw with punish timing as well or in the case of Jaded she can just make it plus 3/safe(this isn't new but is a mind game still).

Back 1 change is dope because now she has a 15 frame mid staff check that is safe due to pushback, pretty excited about this one.

I understand these weren't the changes everyone wanted, but they addressed issues with her combos being less than ideal, gave her two really cool spacing options that good Jade players are gonna start implementing more to play her more effectively.

She didn't get left behind which is nice. Let's also keep in mind some annoying characters got nerfs so that will help her out as well.

It's just sad her highest damage out put is now uppercut KB into shadow kick KB. Very simple and I'm glad there is some way for her to get some extra now since everyone breaks away from her KB's since she has no combos but......why can't she have any combos? It's so frustrating to me.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The b2 changes also make it so untamable can jail into the low staff slam. The b1 change, while universal, also heavily helps out Jaded and Untamable.

B1 can also be a check after a d4 on hit, Shadow Kick armor break is a huge threat off of her KBs, especially throw and D2.

Afumba

Noob
Okay so just gonna chime in with some clarity.

I think Jade's changes are actually really dope, particularly the universal ones.

Jade's armor breaker is universal....this is dope as she definitely needs to be able to blow people out of the water for damage when she can get an opening.

Back 2 change is actually really nice because it means Jade can actually create better space on block so the -13 isn't as scary and then she can still choose different specials to put on the end to create mind games. Only reliable punishes on block to note are: Jacqui dash punch, Sub-Zero slide and Jax (with fatal blow).

Other advancing attacks like Cassie's shadow kick, Liu Kang's flying kick, Johnny's shadow kick(only punishes if you don't space optimally). Kano's also surprisingly doesn't punish.

So punishing it across the roster relies on character specific or less than ideal spacing and Jade also has her special cancels to screw with punish timing as well or in the case of Jaded she can just make it plus 3/safe(this isn't new but is a mind game still).

Back 1 change is dope because now she has a 15 frame mid staff check that is safe due to pushback, pretty excited about this one.

I understand these weren't the changes everyone wanted, but they addressed issues with her combos being less than ideal, gave her two really cool spacing options that good Jade players are gonna start implementing more to play her more effectively.

She didn't get left behind which is nice. Let's also keep in mind some annoying characters got nerfs so that will help her out as well.
I agree with this but its hard to be happy about it. I mean how can you be happy when you expect at least a small piece of cake and get some breadcrums. I take it and make the best of it but the disappointment is still there.

Maybe our luck is better next time around.

The b2 changes also make it so untamable can jail into the low staff slam. The b1 change, while universal, also heavily helps out Jaded and Untamable.

B1 can also be a check after a d4 on hit, Shadow Kick armor break is a huge threat off of her KBs, especially throw and D2.
Does staff slam reach? I thought I remember it being wonky sometimes like you have to be pretty close .

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I agree with this but its hard to be happy about it. I mean how can you be happy when you expect at least a small piece of cake and get some breadcrums. I take it and make the best of it but the disappointment is still there.

Maybe our luck is better next time around.
Well patching for the game as a whole isn't over.

They addressed several major issues being the lack of a safe spacing move(back 1) and they also addressed damage concerns.

Jade has one of the best armor breakers because it is universal. She can shred other people's fatal blow armors with a 10 frame advancing special which is faster than the vast majority of fatal blows by a notable margin and a crushing blow is attached. This is some good shit we got.

There is no benefit to everyone being defeatist like she got nerfed into oblivion or got nothing.

I'm excited to grind more with her because she has some new shit going on to play with. I don't understand how anyone can be discouraged now.

Well patching for the game as a whole isn't over.

They addressed several major issues being the lack of a safe spacing move(back 1) and they also addressed damage concerns.

Jade has one of the best armor breakers because it is universal. She can shred other people's fatal blow armors with a 10 frame advancing special which is faster than the vast majority of fatal blows by a notable margin and a crushing blow is attached. This is some good shit we got.

There is no benefit to everyone being defeatist like she got nerfed into oblivion or got nothing.

I'm excited to grind more with her because she has some new shit going on to play with. I don't understand how anyone can be discouraged now.
what is her 10 frame advancing special ?