What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
my favorite is Kabal nomad dashing right through the middle of B2 and bopping me
I think this is the core issue with Jade getting hit out of B2: it doesn't appear to have active frames for the entire animation. It seems to only have active frames for the small moments of the 3 individual hits of the move instead of the entire time she has the staff sticking out. As such, there's small gaps where an attack can hit Jade out of B2 without it being a trade which is infuriating.

Why the hell would they nerf Jade.
OUTRAGED if this is true.......she is bottom tier and they built her slow as hell razor rang around the fact that she has this "projectile immunity" ( which doesn't protect against all projectiles). If they are really going to nerf this they need to make up for it in other ways......IGNORES ALL PROJECTILES.....It also must not have terrible recovery that gets punished like currently......faster razor rang start up so she can actually trade projectiles.......she can't have the slowest projectile in the game and then not be able to use her glow when ever she wants. This just isn't fair if true.

Also this is going to to ruin Jaded because now we have to use bar to run in and not be hit AND then use another bar to cancel the run?....DUMB

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
As a Jade player there is ONE thing I would understand them nerfing her, her D2 is pretty ridiculous at times. It definitely comes out faster than other characters D2, the range is insane. I have no issue so much with that because it's a staff, I get it. But the speed is stupid lets be honest here. I lost a round the other day because I crossuped a Jade player, and even though my fucking foot was in her face somehow her D2 clipped me(when I'm on the other side of her) No other MK game's wacky ass uppercut hitboxes work like this mind you. This game already has shitty ass, floaty "hey I'm going to jump you have 10 years to AA me or react" ESPECIALLY with lag...lol I'd be all for them nerfing her D2 speed while buffing her combo damage or something else that she'd normally be lacking in. Jade's my second main mind you, but I can totally understand why people hate her D2. But then NRS had to be on drugs while making this game, I mean just test everyone's D2, hops and various other universal mechanics they're not all equal which is stupid.

As a Jade player there is ONE thing I would understand them nerfing her, her D2 is pretty ridiculous at times. It definitely comes out faster than other characters D2, the range is insane. I have no issue so much with that because it's a staff, I get it. But the speed is stupid lets be honest here. I lost a round the other day because I crossuped a Jade player, and even though my fucking foot was in her face somehow her D2 clipped me(when I'm on the other side of her) No other MK game's wacky ass uppercut hitboxes work like this mind you. This game already has shitty ass, floaty "hey I'm going to jump you have 10 years to AA me or react" ESPECIALLY with lag...lol I'd be all for them nerfing her D2 speed while buffing her combo damage or something else that she'd normally be lacking in. Jade's my second main mind you, but I can totally understand why people hate her D2. But then NRS had to be on drugs while making this game, I mean just test everyone's D2, hops and various other universal mechanics they're not all equal which is stupid.
I could only understand them nerfing her D2 IF and only if they gave her real combos. She has no real viable combos as of right now. Her D2 is 9 frames and Liu Kang's is 10 frames but he has 9 frame mid combos sooooo there is that. She does use the staff so it should be reflected in the range......She needs something up close that is fast because what else can she use? She doesn't do well up close and has a lot of built in recovery....also most of her good tools are High(including D2 obviously) so people tend to duck a lot against her.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I could only understand them nerfing her D2 IF and only if they gave her real combos. She has no real viable combos as of right now. Her D2 is 9 frames and Liu Kang's is 10 frames but he has 9 frame mid combos sooooo there is that. She does use the staff so it should be reflected in the range......She needs something up close that is fast because what else can she use? She doesn't do well up close and has a lot of built in recovery....also most of her good tools are High(including D2 obviously) so people tend to duck a lot against her.
Yeah that's what I'm saying, I have no issues giving her a string launcher or something else to compensate. I mean I get why people hate her, not for the zoning(that's her thing) but for ther D2 being dumb at times. I've had it done to me so I understand the frustration people have with it. Yeah, it's just very dangerous to jump at her or around her with her D2 nailing you. I usually hander her well with Raiden, LK(wu shi) a lot of Jades don't know what to do against him. Because he can mess with Jade players heads doing the fire buff, and he can teleport or if she jumps take her out of the air with his fireballs and if she glows, stuff her out with the flying kick.

In the past four days, I have faced more Jade's than ever before and all variation three. Is this variation good, or did I just get the online special? I managed to tank my win record, and now I'm considering giving it a try.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
In the past four days, I have faced more Jade's than ever before and all variation three. Is this variation good, or did I just get the online special? I managed to tank my win record, and now I'm considering giving it a try.
Most of Jade v3 I faced were just spamming her b2124, again and again...

Hot_DNA

Noob
How the F do we beat Raiden???? In the frost match-up, I usually lose but understand it, same with Cetrion.... but Raiden, I'm completely lost

Denny

Noob
Emerald Defender is not to be played in the same way that Cetrion is played. It's not a run-away and combo people from full screen type of character. It's best played mid-screen where both f2 and b2 are a threat and instant air glaives destroy all attempts at pokes. It's not an easy variation and you need to be very aware of what's going on, else you just lose.
Jaded is the easier variation that can close the gap in the blink of an eye.
Both can keep Raiden under lockdown because his frame data is not impressive and all he has on Jade is his superior combo damage and his teleport. If you see a Raiden, Scorpion, or any other teleporter walk backwards from you, follow them. They will hit the corner and either teleport and place themselves at equal distance and risk getting punished, or you can make them run out of space and destroy them with Jade's range and tools.

Espio

Kokomo
does kotal kahn beat jade????
I would say yes.

Wave dash gets him in easily, Jade does low damage which hurts even more when: Kotal has more health AND has health regen capabilities.

When Jade gets knocked down he can low profile her wake ups and it's very hard to get him off of her. Mid command grab is real for her as an issue. H

Her full screen zoning is so slow/not suitable for dealing with Kota'ls sun disc and ray. Risk/reward is generally always in his favor. Ascension and Buluc regulate hard.

She has glow, but given his long ranged mids that launch for full combo plus wave dash it's not exactly an ideal scenario.

Espio

Kokomo
So everyone is getting an armor breaking move to deal with breakaways and other armor attacks.

What do people think Jade's will be? I'm hoping it's something universal like back 2 or something versatile since she suffers the most from breakaway due to limited combo potential generally and generally the opponent has meter whenever she does happen to open you up because there's not a lot of incentive to breakaway until she lands her crushing blow.

I'm excited for what changes changes Jade will get as well. I really hope if no customs they totally retool Untamable and look at some of her staff strings like back 1,2 and Forward 4,1.

So everyone is getting an armor breaking move to deal with breakaways and other armor attacks.

What do people think Jade's will be? I'm hoping it's something universal like back 2 or something versatile since she suffers the most from breakaway due to limited combo potential generally and generally the opponent has meter whenever she does happen to open you up because there's not a lot of incentive to breakaway until she lands her crushing blow.

I'm excited for what changes changes Jade will get as well. I really hope if no customs they totally retool Untamable and look at some of her staff strings like back 1,2 and Forward 4,1.
I posted about this in another thread. I would LOVE for it to be back 2 but sadly I think it will be shadow kick. What makes this even more sad is that her shadow kick KB is probably one of her easier KB to get. As you said people don't really break away with Jade unless it's a Krushing blow that launches since she really doesn't have combos. Occasionally someone will break out of forward 21. I'm not optimistic about any changes she will get because I've been disappointed so far. Back 1,2 and forward 4,1 need adjustments for sure! Her core issue for me is lack of of combo potential. Agree with sonic fox that at least Jaded which is rush down should have added combo potential and realistically her deadly assassin strings should all be in her base kit. Also I think her forward 21 needs to be faster.....It has to be the slowest overhead in the game. Sindel's is definitely faster and covers more range then Jade's.