What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Parasurama

Dragon
I love Jade's witch hair bun and wish she had it on her other skins....

maybe if NRS added it to the classic female ninja skins coming with Sindel

we can get close to this...

IMAGINE THIS-JADE with her hair down

HOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
We need long hair for Jade - not Tied up lol

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Seems like some people are under the impression that Jade beats Kitana. I use both characters and highly disagree but I’m curious as to why some think that.

xKhaoTik

I like my chances against fanfare but highborn kills me
Yes Highborn beats Jade imo.

Fan Fare imo is a 5-5 but if anyone won it, it’s Jade. Fearless I’m not too sure about. I never ran it. On paper it sounds like jade would demolish her lol

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Seems like some people are under the impression that Jade beats Kitana. I use both characters and highly disagree but I’m curious as to why some think that.
Why in your opinion does she not?

Jade versus Highborn is probably 5-5 in my experience using Jaded or ED, there's a lot of counter play on both sides. Don't see any reason for either Jaded or ED to struggle against Highborn.

Jade and Kitana players are funny because ED Jade players forget how to play neutral when someone has a teleport and Fanfare Kitanas forget how to get in on zoning, it's kind of silly.

xKhaoTik

Why in your opinion does she not?

Jade versus Highborn is probably 5-5 in my experience using Jaded or ED, there's a lot of counter play on both sides. Don't see any reason for either Jaded or ED to struggle against Highborn.

Jade and Kitana players are funny because ED Jade players forget how to play neutral when someone has a teleport and Fanfare Kitanas forget how to get in on zoning, it's kind of silly.
Highborn vs ED: There isn’t going to be any zoning from ED because any projectile she tosses gets beat by teleport. The only projectile she can “safely” throw is Up glaive, since it’ll beat tele in most cases, but even then, there’s no reason for kitana to even use teleport against that since up glaive won’t hit her anywhere except from full screen. Then at full screen, up glaive will miss since kitana can just dodge it with sai stab. Because of that, ED can’t sit on a life lead and has to approach kitana no matter what. Kitana can’t zone either because of glow but again, teleport > glow. So kitana throws projectiles to bait out the glow then punish. So now we have a footsie game where both characters excel at, but with jade lacking in the damage department while kitana has the safety and damage, it feels a bit in her favor there as well.

Highborn vs Jaded: same thing but jaded can definitely compete much better upclose due to the pole vault shenanigans. I feel like Jaded is the variation to use against Kitana anyways.

Fan Fare vs Jade: Kitana plays this MU a bit different than highborn. She loses the full screen threat due to no tele, but it’s still a match where jade can’t zone or sit on a life lead because of the projectile absorb. Not to mention Ass is really against the low spark and glow. This variation is also the damaging variation and she definitely makes jade oats for his mistakes. The rushdown is even imo.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Some people also say that Jade is omfgawesome plznerfjade.
People don't lab and talk a lot of nonsense.

In my experience ED isn't helpless against Highborn and Air Glaive does work as a mid-range check, it's not like the only way to play that matchup is full screen, but Highborn does win out in damage against all of Jade's variations and Jaded does work a notch better against that.
As ED main I can tell you that it's 5-5 but one where Jade has to work harder.
Jaded is the same but it changes the entire interaction from Jade having to dance within the sweet spot to Jade having to try and be oppressive.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I dunno if anyone agrees, but I'd really like MK Mobile/X Jade skin to make the cut for DLC, it looks great in my opinion.

Highborn vs ED: There isn’t going to be any zoning from ED because any projectile she tosses gets beat by teleport. The only projectile she can “safely” throw is Up glaive, since it’ll beat tele in most cases, but even then, there’s no reason for kitana to even use teleport against that since up glaive won’t hit her anywhere except from full screen. Then at full screen, up glaive will miss since kitana can just dodge it with sai stab. Because of that, ED can’t sit on a life lead and has to approach kitana no matter what. Kitana can’t zone either because of glow but again, teleport > glow. So kitana throws projectiles to bait out the glow then punish. So now we have a footsie game where both characters excel at, but with jade lacking in the damage department while kitana has the safety and damage, it feels a bit in her favor there as well.

Highborn vs Jaded: same thing but jaded can definitely compete much better upclose due to the pole vault shenanigans. I feel like Jaded is the variation to use against Kitana anyways.

Fan Fare vs Jade: Kitana plays this MU a bit different than highborn. She loses the full screen threat due to no tele, but it’s still a match where jade can’t zone or sit on a life lead because of the projectile absorb. Not to mention Ass is really against the low spark and glow. This variation is also the damaging variation and she definitely makes jade oats for his mistakes. The rushdown is even imo.
Jade should play the match up at mid range where you can't react to zoning and where she also outranges Kitana. I like to play footsies and harass with safe air glaive and down 4 really is potent against Kitana's advancing buttons. It feels extremely comfortable regardless of variation. I definitely agree/don't think it's worth pure zoning, it's about creating mind games and scenarios to bait each other. I feel like the risk/reward on teleport is pretty equal too and if you opt to throw the air said and it's scouted that's a glow activation. It's one of those match ups where there's a lot of thinking involved, but it never feels unfair or exhausting.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I actually like the costume, but man, that pale ass bitch is not Jade. So as long they take the costume and put it on the MK11 Jade model, I'm good.
Yeah, all they have to do is port the skin onto mocha dream MK11 Jade and we golden.

I've gotten so mad with the lightening up of Jade in art and media for no reason. We have so few characters like her so it's especially frustrating. MKX skins I feel like really slayed.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade should play the match up at mid range where you can't react to zoning and where she also outranges Kitana. I like to play footsies and harass with safe air glaive and down 4 really is potent against Kitana's advancing buttons. It feels extremely comfortable regardless of variation. I definitely agree/don't think it's worth pure zoning, it's about creating mind games and scenarios to bait each other. I feel like the risk/reward on teleport is pretty equal too and if you opt to throw the air said and it's scouted that's a glow activation. It's one of those match ups where there's a lot of thinking involved, but it never feels unfair or exhausting.
Pretty much my experience too. It's actually one of the less irritating fights for ED.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Had some initial Untamable matches vs Showstopper Cage this past Friday. Pretty much unrefined all over the place lol, but I kinda dig the variation (at least vs Cage).

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Had some initial Untamable matches vs Showstopper Cage this past Friday. Pretty much unrefined all over the place lol, but I kinda dig the variation (at least vs Cage).

Nice stuff. I really wish she didn't just suck lol
I really want to play this game and then I just.. go do something else instead.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I started learning Highborn to do something different ~200 games played, and I've swept multiple sets against Jade mains with 1000-2000 games played where it unfolded almost exactly as you described.

Granted I'm nowhere near your level and average at best, but punishing glow with tele kick is easy even for my crap reactions. Then you can stance cancel a regular fan if they up glaive. After a tele, do some fan shenanigans, get the life lead, and you can actually lame ED out. The dmg discrepancy is pretty apparent at that point. I'm actually ecstatic about this bc I struggle against ED when I use my main Noob.

Raider

Noob
Does anyone know can her 5th victory "Kounterstrike" appear in the Premium Shop? I still don't have it and don't want to waste my time on gauntlet.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Does anyone know can her 5th victory "Kounterstrike" appear in the Premium Shop? I still don't have it and don't want to waste my time on gauntlet.
Technically every item can appear in the store but it's probably randomised for the most part, unless they push something like the skins.
Your best bet is completing the tower where it's found or whatever imo