What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
2. Jade is already quite safe. The problem is, she can't take damage. She has to beat you with a bb gun while the rest of the cast gets to use a machine gun.
I wouldn't say Jade is particularly safe. Almost all of her specials leave are negative and punishable (or in the case of amp glaives, positive but can be ducked) and her major enforcing poke B2 and major source of mid-screen damage F21 are both punishable by everyone. Then there are all of her negative strings, which in fairness you can avoid using (can't remember the last time I purposely used B12 or F42) but leave her with only a few usable tools.

B3 and B3434 are safe and that's great, but it feels bad to have a character with one GOOD string.

You're absolutely right that the compounding issue is her damage. It's one thing to be negative and unsafe off a bunch of strings and specials, but it's another to have to take so many risks and give up your turn so many times just to do middling damage.

abyson

Noob
Emerald Defender's identity is zoning / keepaway. It struggles up close, but it never really wants to be there anyway.

Jaded's identity is stagger / blockstring pressure and relative safety (for Jade). Combo damage isnt that much higher, but she definitely gets more opportunities for said combos and safer pokes.

Untamable's identity is not the sum of its parts like the other two variations. Instead, the variation is just bonus moves tacked onto Jade's base kit. She has bonus combo strings, but she does not have an amp'd launcher she can combo into so new strings are just flair. She has a teleport to get in on zoners, but no game plan to ensure it safely or any sort of notable followup. She can reflect projectiles, but never wants to be far away here as that completely defeats the purpose of the other two moves.

The funniest thing about this all is that having Delia's Dance instead of Divine Forces still wouldn't have given any real identity to Untamable which is sad. If Divine Forces' amp launcher eventually gets a buff to be comboable into, I can see this variation being its own thing; but as it is, I dont see the purpose of its existence.
as much as I want to defend the third variation I have to agree but I do thinks people will find a valuable use for it soon

Crimea

Noob
Best part of untamable imo is that you never have to worry about being cornered. That and D1xx Wind is a good mind game. Spiritual guidance is.. Yeah.
d1xWWinds has zero mind game. They have time poke you two times before WWinds even come out.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I'm going to preface this post by saying that I am 100% self aware that I sound like I'm staring a gift horse in the mouth. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that more options are available to everyone and, hopefully, some diversity follows.

as much as I want to defend the third variation I have to agree but I do thinks people will find a valuable use for it soon
That's the thing here. It doesn't add any value. It just sorta.. exists for the sake of existing so those moves are tournament legal. That's it.

To be fair, though, that seems to be the case across the whole cast. It's very clear that what Stephanie said was true: these other moves were never intended for tournament variations, but I think it goes further than her comment about balance. Each of the 2 baseline variations had some sort of game plan / theme in mind. These new ones being thrown together from excess, never-intended-to-be-tournament legal moves really shows.

abyson

Noob
I'm going to preface this post by saying that I am 100% self aware that I sound like I'm staring a gift horse in the mouth. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that more options are available to everyone and, hopefully, some diversity follows.

That's the thing here. It doesn't add any value. It just sorta.. exists for the sake of existing so those moves are tournament legal. That's it.

To be fair, though, that seems to be the case across the whole cast. It's very clear that what Stephanie said was true: these other moves were never intended for tournament variations, but I think it goes further than her comment about balance. Each of the 2 baseline variations had some sort of game plan / theme in mind. These new ones being thrown together from excess, never-intended-to-be-tournament legal moves really shows.
Yes it definitely feels that way but this variation has been preset 3rd variation since the beta so it seems they considered it as a variation with some kind of game plan and then they added some recent tweaks to make it better though the reflect launching hardly has any utility still so I can understand anyones frustration with it

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I wouldn't say Jade is particularly safe. Almost all of her specials leave are negative and punishable (or in the case of amp glaives, positive but can be ducked) and her major enforcing poke B2 and major source of mid-screen damage F21 are both punishable by everyone. Then there are all of her negative strings, which in fairness you can avoid using (can't remember the last time I purposely used B12 or F42) but leave her with only a few usable tools.

B3 and B3434 are safe and that's great, but it feels bad to have a character with one GOOD string.

You're absolutely right that the compounding issue is her damage. It's one thing to be negative and unsafe off a bunch of strings and specials, but it's another to have to take so many risks and give up your turn so many times just to do middling damage.
212 is a good string too. It actually covers situations where b3 falls short and while it unfortunately doesn't lead to anything (not like b3 does lmfao, at least not on a scale where the viable half of the cast's main string does anyway) it's still her best footsie string. It pushes back on block, not susceptible to flawless block, starts at 7f and 21 is pretty good at catching people pressing buttons.
If you use it a lot expect people to jump and then you can start doing 2-upglaive, b2,shadowkick for anti air and play nope.avi

You have 124 which is also a good string. 1 has deceptive reach, 12-glaive is a legit face check that conditions them to block low at the exact range where f2 is a threat to people who sleep crouching. 12 catches movement and 12-glaive-d2 is pretty good for what it is.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
So Jades classic bo staff says its found in a Kronika vault box. Does this mean I need to wait for a Jade event in the krypt? or can it be obtained from a random kronika orb? The last few random kronika orbs i've found that were not event orbs had garbage in them. When the game first launched i got a few that were definitely character specific, but it seems as those they no longer do those unless its an event.

Is this the case? Or has anyone found this staff already?

abyson

Noob
when I got mine it wasn't an event it was just a random orb the only thing characters specific in it was the staff if I remember correctly

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So Jades classic bo staff says its found in a Kronika vault box. Does this mean I need to wait for a Jade event in the krypt? or can it be obtained from a random kronika orb? The last few random kronika orbs i've found that were not event orbs had garbage in them. When the game first launched i got a few that were definitely character specific, but it seems as those they no longer do those unless its an event.

Is this the case? Or has anyone found this staff already?
As far as I can tell, skins and gear which say "found in kronika vaults" are found on regular kronika orb vaults. The things found inside golden event orbs have been so far all describe as "found in the krypt" only. So I'm 100% sure the staff you are looking for is found on regular blue orb vaults, or gained as a random reward for completing towers with Jade.

Rangda

Noob
How on earth do y'all do those Jade BnBs consistently? Ive been practicing for weeks and I still cant do stuff like F21 4 BF1X Micro Dash U2 or 124KB 4 DB1X Micro Dash U2 consistently, not even offline. This will be such a nightmare online. Any tips or is it just an insane amount of practice?

Madog32

How on earth do y'all do those Jade BnBs consistently? Ive been practicing for weeks and I still cant do stuff like F21 4 BF1X Micro Dash U2 or 124KB 4 DB1X Micro Dash U2 consistently, not even offline. This will be such a nightmare online. Any tips or is it just an insane amount of practice?
F21 21 B2 DF4 is pretty easy to get down. unless F21 hits at max range, you don't need to dash in to land the 21.

I think the trick to most of the ones you mentioned is to hit the standing 4 as SOON as possible. Its a high, so even if they look like they're too high, they arent. If you just really can't get the D2 at the end of them, you can settle for a D4~shadowkick

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
4 is a high with godly range. You can hit it a lot earlier than you think you can. It's actually a great way to stop advancing moves, too.

Rangda

Noob
I just cant seem to time the 4 after the F12 and 124KB right, as it feels like both moves need 10 minutes to recover before I can do the kick. D4 into shadowkick instead of microdash d2 is much easier though, thank you.

Madog32

I just cant seem to time the 4 after the F12 and 124KB right, as it feels like both moves need 10 minutes to recover before I can do the kick. D4 into shadowkick instead of microdash d2 is much easier though, thank you.
You bet. The standing 4 has to be as soon as f21 recovers. Kinda tight

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
not worth it if it's taking that long honestly
stick with the f21 21 b2 shadowkick, way more consistent and great dmg for jade

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Man, assassin is so trash lmao people can just jumpkick you if you commit to b2124, if you teleport they can jump up on reaction and hit you on the way down, 422 starts with a high, it's just trash lol

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I think b2124's purpose is to be a higher damage hit confirm from b2. Been a while since i played Jade, but im pretty sure you can dial b212 (Hitconfirm), then hit 4 to get the string to come out and then just cancel into Shadowkick or whatever ender.

I'll concede the teleport is bad and 422 isn't all that either. Variation 3 was pretty disappointing and I haven't really felt the desire to play Jade since it dropped :/

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I think b2124's purpose is to be a higher damage hit confirm from b2. Been a while since i played Jade, but im pretty sure you can dial b212 (Hitconfirm), then hit 4 to get the string to come out and then just cancel into Shadowkick or whatever ender.

I'll concede the teleport is bad and 422 isn't all that either. Variation 3 was pretty disappointing and I haven't really felt the desire to play Jade since it dropped :/
It literally just doesn't jail and if they block b2 they can jump for free and safely since this variation doesn't have any moves to contest a jump with after you're -13 at sweep distance.