What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Hot_DNA

Noob
I played a jade last night in a mirror match... I used ED but he a custom variation...Can't remember his PSN but we split it like 8-8 or something like that...Just curious if he is in this group

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
I just realized she has a new brutality that requires hitting with mb parry. I tried it hundred times but it never happens? Are there requirements not mentioned or what??

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
So I've been playing Jade for a while now and I think she's okay. However I think she could use some help:
-Damage output on 124 and 212 is increased.
-Make 124 KB come out on a punish and a whiff (if they decide not to buff her damage).That would help A LOT.
-Increased damage output on her shadow kick during combos.
-B12 is now less negative on block.
-Make her low projectile less punishable as well.
Not sure what I would do to her F2. Either make it faster but more punishable or less punishable and keep it's current frame data.

Espio

Kokomo
Okay so Jade versus Shang Tsung feels very up hill right now. It is early, but Shang counters her play style on a fundamental level with corpse drop. It negates glow and even if Jade blocks corpse drop if she tries to glow and he does corps drop even if she immediately blocks she is punished on block. Since she cannot glow reliably she gets zoned out and he beats her in zoning damage and trades so even if she never uses glow she still has to come in and his zoning is really potent against characters that have to respect it. His strings and normals keep up just fine with Jade's and considering how little damage she does generally making come backs versus Shang is very hard.

Corpse drop also hits Jade out of air glaives so she's not just going over fireballs and styling or what have you.

If you're playing a Shang that doesn't panic when you get in and actually has an up close footsie game, you're gonna have a hard time. I wouldn't be surprised if down the line this gets worse. It's one of those match ups that is hard because your core design is turned off.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
So I've been playing Jade for a while now and I think she's okay. However I think she could use some help:
-Damage output on 124 and 212 is increased.
-Make 124 KB come out on a punish and a whiff (if they decide not to buff her damage).That would help A LOT.
-Increased damage output on her shadow kick during combos.
-B12 is now less negative on block.
-Make her low projectile less punishable as well.
Not sure what I would do to her F2. Either make it faster but more punishable or less punishable and keep it's current frame data.
Her F 2 needs hit box adjustment, it should catch people in the air the way skarlets B 2 overhead does.
It's a giant slap in the face that your customized jade staff goes thru a fighters body when you read correctly.

Zer0_h0ur

Okay so Jade versus Shang Tsung feels very up hill right now. It is early, but Shang counters her play style on a fundamental level with corpse drop. It negates glow and even if Jade blocks corpse drop if she tries to glow and he does corps drop even if she immediately blocks she is punished on block. Since she cannot glow reliably she gets zoned out and he beats her in zoning damage and trades so even if she never uses glow she still has to come in and his zoning is really potent against characters that have to respect it. His strings and normals keep up just fine with Jade's and considering how little damage she does generally making come backs versus Shang is very hard.

Corpse drop also hits Jade out of air glaives so she's not just going over fireballs and styling or what have you.

If you're playing a Shang that doesn't panic when you get in and actually has an up close footsie game, you're gonna have a hard time. I wouldn't be surprised if down the line this gets worse. It's one of those match ups that is hard because your core design is turned off.
I've purposely picked Jade against the few ranked Shang sets I've played. I have won handily each time. Granted, neither player used corpse drop effectively. I think if you can block that low overhead opener, use your KBs wisely it's a good match up.
Also, for what it's worth, many mains are bitching about Shang right now.

Espio

Kokomo
I've purposely picked Jade against the few ranked Shang sets I've played. I have won handily each time. Granted, neither player used corpse drop effectively. I think if you can block that low overhead opener, use your KBs wisely it's a good match up.
Also, for what it's worth, many mains are bitching about Shang right now.
I'm not bitching about Shang so I don't know what that has to do with anything I said. What I said is what he does and should be doing versus Jade. I don't come on TYM to complain. Shang used optimally can give Jade problems from a design stand point. You beating ranked Shangs has nothing to do with character tools and counters. Nothing stated negates or minimizes what he does in the match up when played by good players.

seanpon

Noob

exactly this match up feels like hell. Corpse drop completely flushes jade. It feels so oppressive fighting shang as jade, jade's projectiles are slow and clunky, thats why she needs to activate glow to get her zoning game up. But with corpse drop it completely negates her from getting on glow, even then, whenever he meter burns his corpse drop he does 15%! Thats almost as much as a jade BnB lol. Jades character design in this game sucks, the fact that shang is priveleged with better zoning, footsies, and very good practical damage while Jade is lacking in this match up because she can't do anything as well as Shang. Jade's best normals are meant to be defensive, the problem is in this match up she has to chase down Shang and can't utilize her best tools. NRS completely dropped the ball with Jade, they ruined this character and gave her a terrible design. The fact that her not being able to activate glow against characters like shang or scorpion and others destroy her ability to play her game. She is not meant to chase other characters like shang or scorpion down, she will loose every single time doing this. NRS completely slapped the faces of the Jade mains by giving us a poorly designed character. I can already imagine all the other DLC characters and their specials that destroy jade's ability to activate glow, which destroy her ability to play this game.

Zer0_h0ur

So it's basically the same logic behind skarlet being a horrible match up, with corpse drop nullifying her like tentacle

seanpon

Noob
So it's basically the same logic behind skarlet being a horrible match up, with corpse drop nullifying her like tentacle
not really, bc you can at least jump over tentacle and it won't hit jade when she is in the air. But you can't do that with corpse drop, even if you block a corpse drop you can't activate glow, he can punish you again with another corpse drop. That MU is F'd up

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
I just realized she has a new brutality that requires hitting with mb parry. I tried it hundred times but it never happens? Are there requirements not mentioned or what??
I spent an hour on this trying different things. Totally unsuccessful. Post a clip if you actually land it

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I spent an hour on this trying different things. Totally unsuccessful. Post a clip if you actually land it
Raiden has this thing on his back throw where it says you simply have to hold the button. But it's only specific for his less used variation - could this be the case here? Just a suggestion!

Espio

Kokomo
exactly this match up feels like hell. Corpse drop completely flushes jade. It feels so oppressive fighting shang as jade, jade's projectiles are slow and clunky, thats why she needs to activate glow to get her zoning game up. But with corpse drop it completely negates her from getting on glow, even then, whenever he meter burns his corpse drop he does 15%! Thats almost as much as a jade BnB lol. Jades character design in this game sucks, the fact that shang is priveleged with better zoning, footsies, and very good practical damage while Jade is lacking in this match up because she can't do anything as well as Shang. Jade's best normals are meant to be defensive, the problem is in this match up she has to chase down Shang and can't utilize her best tools. NRS completely dropped the ball with Jade, they ruined this character and gave her a terrible design. The fact that her not being able to activate glow against characters like shang or scorpion and others destroy her ability to play her game. She is not meant to chase other characters like shang or scorpion down, she will loose every single time doing this. NRS completely slapped the faces of the Jade mains by giving us a poorly designed character. I can already imagine all the other DLC characters and their specials that destroy jade's ability to activate glow, which destroy her ability to play this game.
I'm glad someone else sees this too. Jade's buttons also push the opponent away and Shang players that get knocked away from Jade should be laughing because her down 4, back 2 etc get him away from her and at a more optimal range to bully her with zoning. I don't usually post about match ups, but I dunno if you played Ermac versus Jade or Jade versus Kenshi in MK9, but this is similar to Ermac and less extreme than Kenshi of course, but it's playing against a character that you cannot glow and your core play style actually hurts you entirely in the match up instead of helping you. He outclasses her like they did at every edge of the screen. This is one of those match ups where you can play it better, but since your fundamental design is countered it really hits differently.

I'm waiting on Sindel and Nightwolf and been using Jax while I wait, I don't think Jade is terrible, but she has random match ups like Scorpion and Shang where you have to hold so much and you can't really make them scared of you due to damage or inability to zone. If history repeats, Shang won't be the only DLC that rocks that ass lol.

No, I think Jade does really well versus Skarlet. Jade can evade tentacle and play around it really well. It's not the same at all. Having a move in and of itself that checks glow doesn't mean it's losing. The counterplay is different versus Shang.

Shang is a a match up where if I were dead set on Jade I would use pole variation for the running. Corpse drop right now is very strong against a lot of the cast because of the above. A hard hitting mid projectile that can't be jumped. Frames are decent on it and the amp forces a few extra frames of doubt unlike noobs shadow.

I wonder if whiff nitro recovery is equal to shangs recovery.

seanpon

Noob
Shang is a a match up where if I were dead set on Jade I would use pole variation for the running. Corpse drop right now is very strong against a lot of the cast because of the above. A hard hitting mid projectile that can't be jumped. Frames are decent on it and the amp forces a few extra frames of doubt unlike noobs shadow.

I wonder if whiff nitro recovery is equal to shangs recovery.
has anyone tried pole vault variation against shang? can she actually run on reaction when she she's corpse drop and be able to evade it and punish

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
not really, bc you can at least jump over tentacle and it won't hit jade when she is in the air. But you can't do that with corpse drop, even if you block a corpse drop you can't activate glow, he can punish you again with another corpse drop. That MU is F'd up
This is my main thing with Corpse Drop. It has some insane hit and block frames to the point where Jade MUST respect it every single time. If you block a corpse drop at mid range, you can't even do a reversal Nitro Kick safely.

Which brings up my old old point of Nitro Kick being way too stubby in its range compared to the likes of Liu, Sub, Jacqui, etc.; but that's a whole other topic.

I 've been destroyed by Shang playing Jade. As the developers have said "she wants to keep you away", "she wants to knock you back to play her zoning game".........well Shang just DOMINATES zoning against Jade. As everyone said Corpse drop is a real problem for her, not to mention it can be amplified for a second Low hit after the overhead. Also, he has an incredibly good and easy to perform projectile parry that renders her glaives and spark useless. I was playing against one Shang who just ran away the entire game and won easily..... Shang also has a custom move that is insane in my opinion.....unblockable move that switches positions with the opponent AND makes you take damage. I was spammed over and over with this move and I had no idea what to do.

Fire and brimstone is quite tough. This is the first legitimate match up that I feel at odds with so far. Good thing is using Shang Tsung is so freaking fun

Afumba

Noob
Got destroyed by a Shang Warlock today and i agree that Corpse drop is stupid against Jade. Honestly i find it more oppresive than Scorps teleport. At least that one you can punish.

You are basically stuck not being able to use several of your tools and having to chase a character down that can easily put you back fullscreen of off any hit. He also outdamages her and is at least as good as she is up close.

MU is frustrating.