What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
^

Butterfly corner BnB is tough... I've no problem admitting. (I think if you're used to the timing online/offline, its ...okay-ish. Good reason to train with input lag if you play online primarily...).

What's worse is...
Converting it with a Fatal Blow, which is character-specific (not even big-body, just character-specific.. ... took me 3 hours to figure out)
Converting f343, which is already hard to even land, this one doesn't work on females, period.
Or midscreen "Dash 4 Rang Dash D2"-BnBs... Rang-consistency can be a gamble at times.. and not committing to these combos you miss about 5-7% big percentages

No joke... this is harder than Tekken combos lmao. (why tho)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
^

Butterfly corner BnB is tough... I've no problem admitting. (I think if you're used to the timing online/offline, its ...okay-ish. Good reason to train with input lag if you play online primarily...).

What's worse is...
Converting it with a Fatal Blow, which is character-specific (not even big-body, just character-specific.. ... took me 3 hours to figure out)
Converting f343, which is already hard to even land, this one doesn't work on females, period.
Or midscreen "Dash 4 Rang Dash D2"-BnBs... Rang-consistency can be a gamble at times.. and not committing to these combos you miss about 5-7% big percentages

No joke... this is harder than Tekken combos lmao. (why tho)
tfw you work hard for no damage

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
tfw you work hard for no damage
tfw you whiff your uppercut and get launched for a mythic 40% into restand -_-

It hurts extra bad missing out on damage with Jade LOL tis what it is, not complaining though, I love her d2 combos.
And I like low-damage, high-versatile characters... She's similar to Triborg Smoke/Pyromancer to me... my 2 side-mains it just hit me oh my god

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I really don’t understand NRS when it comes to jade?
Every character had a limited time to get developed and tested. Jade being as good as she is with all the problems I listed, she'd be top fucking tier if they didn't keep her supernerfed on release. Better than Scorpion. Her kit is easier to balance than anyone else's so they're keeping her on the down low while the harder to balance characters are getting sorted out. She'll be godlike yet.
I hope.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I really don’t understand NRS when it comes to jade?
On a real note, having the most fun with her.. And she's subdued... admittingly, she has some bs, just not much you can do with it or as accessible until you get creative.
If they could apply that to every character, this game'd be insane.

Jade is not the problem, it's the tops' stupid options that avoid neutral play where even other mid/low-tiers would shine. I think Johnny Cage is a good example of this too... Actually very well-designed characters.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade is not the problem, it's the tops' stupid options that avoid neutral play where even other mid/low-tiers would shine. I think Johnny Cage is a good example of this too... Actually very well-designed characters.
She'd definitely be better for just curbing everything that avoids or downright destroys the neutral like all the bullshit F4s and safe teleports and other unpunishable nonsense that leads to massive damage.
And damage, too. We were promised that there's going to be no gigantic combos and then suddenly Liu Kang and Kung Lao.

Reactions: jmt

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Played a Lui Kang main on kompetitive to about an even or maybe it was 4-6 set. Felt fucking good. I had to make chess-master-esque reads on his flying kick and keep him guessing by eating away space in front of me with B2 and F4, etc. Felt so good. The standard of competition on Xbone from kasual non-competitive to kasual competitive is very noticeable.

As someone who's played jade for a good 20 hours I feel that her current status is that she's not 100% viable as a person's one-and-only main but she has incredible potential as a pocket pick. Her glow can ruin the day of many players; including even some top picks, like Sonya and Cassie (especially because Cassie relies on projectiles as part of her strings). If you're trying to use her in every situation then you're going to be on the struggle bus when characters like Noob, Jacqui, and Scorpion confront you. But there's a decent amount of A and S tier characters that she can straight up shit on if you play her right.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
As someone who's played jade for a good 20 hours I feel that her current status is that she's not 100% viable as a person's one-and-only main but she has incredible potential as a pocket pick. Her glow can ruin the day of many players; including even some top picks, like Sonya and Cassie (especially because Cassie relies on projectiles as part of her strings). If you're trying to use her in every situation then you're going to be on the struggle bus when characters like Noob, Jacqui, and Scorpion confront you. But there's a decent amount of A and S tier characters that she can straight up shit on if you play her right.
Jacqui struggles against Jade and Noob is even at best.
Scorpion on the other hand is really bad right now.

Hot_DNA

Noob
I can bait teleports and "punish" with our little 18% combos lol but slide completely ruins me...The 50/50's are just insane at the right range too...

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I can bait teleports and "punish" with our little 18% combos lol but slide completely ruins me...The 50/50's are just insane at the right range too...
You're probably fighting better Subs than Scorps is all. Teleport in Reborn is literally gamebreaking right now.

I would love to see some Jade vs Jaqui match footage. I know that in theory Jade should be able to keep her away, but in practice I can't do it. She eventually gets in and shits on me with all her string cancels. I have no idea when to interrupt her.

Nah jaqui is gonna get in there, she has the best forward closers in the game. But she will take some damage coming in. Just have to focus on up close trades to keep them even and you will win since rounds start you in advantageous position.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
to be fair, she does get like 32% with 1 bar....
if you can land the F2 hehe. But that's the real problem

seanpon

Noob

Hey everyone, check out Idoms godlike Jade he took with him at NLBC. You can see just how great his spacing is and his footsies displaying this character at the highest level. He also players her at 1:21:29