What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Gonna post some of my Jade matches with players from the community.

Versus Subby Wubby

Geras/Frost

Thoughts and critique welcome!

I have it, but forget how to get it. If you have her "Steadfast sister" skin already you can hit options/start button to go straight to her pink one even if you don't have it unlocked.

I might have gotten it from her character specific paid tower I'm thinking, those are time consuming but those are two methods off rip.

You'll like her if you like a slower pace and great walk speed. She's a very precise character.
One of the things I'm missing is how well you used to play footsies in ye olde days. There's a lot of zoning and aerial control here but I'm not seeing you do d1~b3 as much as I thought you would, or d4 212 / 12x
That's something I need to see more of and learn better with her because I think it's heavily underrated how well she pushes people back without having to work for her space or give up her space moving away herself.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Unless I'm wrong, Liu Kang doesn't have to work his way back in, he can repeat the same string (can't interrupt, can't jump out of it, etc).
If you stand block, they cannot attempt another f4, as the pushback will allow you to jump over him clean, even if he is frame perfect.

Trying to pick up Jade. Which variation does everyone consider using? From the looks of it, the zoning variation looks to be the strongest.

I really wish her first variation had her extend strings. Nothing really seems worth using in that variation.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Trying to pick up Jade. Which variation does everyone consider using? From the looks of it, the zoning variation looks to be the strongest.

I really wish her first variation had her extend strings. Nothing really seems worth using in that variation.
V1 has db3 edenian spark, which is used in a brutality.

So I was practicing Jade;s Parry......Liu Kang's Dragon AND Bicycle kicks are Highs but her Parry doesn't work on them? When Jade uses her Shadow kick on his Parry he gets it fine though.......

Update: Also very angry that not only can Scarlet HOLD her Parry but she can also hit the opponent when they teleport behind (scorpion). Jade for being such a weak character up close it's surprising how bad her parry is. Her parry happens so fast that you can be to early and it's already over and then you get hit! I then try to delay it but them i'm to late.

Last edited:

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Could it maybe not work because those moves are airborne? Her parry doesn’t work on jump ins right?

Espio

Kokomo
One of the things I'm missing is how well you used to play footsies in ye olde days. There's a lot of zoning and aerial control here but I'm not seeing you do d1~b3 as much as I thought you would, or d4 212 / 12x
That's something I need to see more of and learn better with her because I think it's heavily underrated how well she pushes people back without having to work for her space or give up her space moving away herself.
How well I used to play footsies....? I don't know what that means cause I've gotten better over time, not worse. The goal is to win and generally speaking I pressure when necessary.

I also did stuff like down 3 on hit into back 3 string stagger into forward 4 to go over pokes so I don't know what the criticism is? Generally speaking one should be doing what is optimal for the match up to win even if you have to tweak how you fight certain characters. Air glaive is one of her best tools so of course I'm going to use it a lot, there is no reason not to use it.

Could it maybe not work because those moves are airborne? Her parry doesn’t work on jump ins right?
That's exactly why, this happened with airborne moves in MKX too.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
How well I used to play footsies....? I don't know what that means cause I've gotten better over time, not worse. The goal is to win and generally speaking I pressure when necessary.

I also did stuff like down 3 on hit into back 3 string stagger into forward 4 to go over pokes so I don't know what the criticism is? Generally speaking one should be doing what is optimal for the match up to win even if you have to tweak how you fight certain characters. Air glaive is one of her best tools so of course I'm going to use it a lot, there is no reason not to use it.

Tiredness and bad usage of words. What I meant to say was you're really good at footsies yet you seem to play more fullscreen runaway and I'd loved to see more poke into neutral conservative type stuff to learn from. Sorry for the confusion, been having insomnia issues lately.

Who are you guys struggling with?
I do relatively good against Geras and Erron blacks
I get bodied by Scorpions, Kung Laos, Sub Zeros, Lui Kangs and Kabals
I struggle against Sub Zero, and mainly Cassie. I just cant figure out what to do when I'm using Jade

But I think Parry works on Kano ball.............

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I've returned from the land of Kang to refocus my Jade.

B3. Her world revolves around this.

I'll throw out B3~ex Rang or B343~Ex Rang and see if they know the gimmick.

B3 into Instant air glaive or d4/d3 is legit too. B3 throw just works.

I'm still having trouble consistently getting damage, but it's there and that's just execution on my part.

Jade to me, is a character that if the super top gets toned a bit, will be just fine. Sub Zero ruins my life.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Does anyone remember where they got Jades Green non hooded human skin? Shows tower of time, but it wasn't in her character towers. Could someone that has it confirm it was one of her towers or was it something random like ai battles?

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
I’m getting better at the SZ matchup. His moves are so fast it’s more about reads than reaction. My game plan is to keep him at roughly the start distance or farther, since that limits his options. Jump back glaive works if you can amplify it. Otherwise he can punish it with slide. Hop 3 eats slides and F4 (big boot). The axe (with no follow up) has 30 frames of recovery, so if you backdash it you can punish with F21. The axe with the kick (F24) is unsafe and can be punished with 212

seanpon

Noob

Welp, the jade god has spoken, I think this is pretty accurate as well. THTB is easily the best Jade right now, he knows the character more than anyone else and has played many high level matches with her.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Has anyone made a list of what glow works on and doesn’t work on? I know it doesn’t work on sonya’s KAT drop, and it works on Cassie’s strings and Ground Pounds.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
About b3434 pushback, I tested her ability to jail/loop this on the entire roster.
11fr start-up Mid, ends in +5

Only crouchblock, midscreen it reaches on:
Baraka, Cassie, Cetrion, D'vorah, Erron, Geras, Jacqui, Jax, JC, Kabal, Kano, Kotal, Scorpion, Skarlet, Sonya, Subzero

Beats parries except:
Sonya (speed), Skarlet (hitbox)

The ONLY exception for the corner is Baraka, if he doesn't flawless block, he has to hold forever.

Backwalking can get caught but backdashes can beat this situation completely. Which adds a little mindgame layer.

jmt

Noob
In the corner can you guys consistently land b343xxbf2, d1, 212? Timing on that d1 is insane.