What's new

Jade doesn't have her returning razorrang

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Thought it was about time to make the obligatory "this character is missing a past special move" thread, since Jade hasn't had one yet.

So yeah, instead of making her EX move her razorrang returning to her, they instead changed it to her throwing a secondary razorrang when amplified.

Thoughts?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
One of her variations has a really good ground projectile so I am assuming perhaps they wanted to avoid unavoidable death by chip or potential block string "pressure" utilizing glaives. She has her core OG stuff I really want like Shadow kick, Flash, and Glaive so I'm kind of indifferent ro returning boomerang glaives honestly.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I hope there is a way to pick them, not having that option would be like Sektor missing his homing misile, not something 100% necessary, but still something cool and unique to her.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I think anyone that played Jade in MK9 (the most painful time of my MK9 learning experience) should be worried about other things, like her overall damage, damage zoning (not just nuisance zoning) and her mids especially, which right now, all looks a bit sketchy.

And if we don't get custom variations for competitive play, we might only get a zoning type variation which could make her lack everywhere else, whereas Skarlet might do what she wants to do better in a base move set.

But, she's on my list for day 1, and even though we haven't seen everything, I'm still slightly hopeful.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
They are changing a lot of character's core playstyle mechanics and we long time fans will just have to get used to it I guess. Scorpion's spear doesn't stun/restand without meter but they've supposedly made him better in other areas so I will hold my breath and hope that this is the game where he is finally viable after 27 years of people asking me why I love such a shit, scrubby character. Sub-Zero has no Ice Clone and ISN'T a defensive character anymore (THAT will take getting used to). I've always associated Scorp with sneaky tactics with combo-offense and Sub-Zero with defensive-turtling and counter strategies (mostly due to PTSD from MK3-4, lol). Sonya is focusing more on gadgets and less on acrobatic kicks and NO leg grab (well ok.. she a low leg takedown so sorta leg grab?). Baraka looks great and possibly even viable! A viable Baraka? Insanity! And Kabal still looks broken (especially having a meterless stun move when Scorp doesn't even get one) and they changed his long range gas blasts to a short range SECOND STUN MOVE (my butt hurt is so real on this... I am shitting salt) but now he has buzzsaw as a long range projectile. Times they are a'changing and some of us may be left in the dust when it comes to our old fav's having the playstyles we are familiar with and have come to love being seemingly discarded. Jade still looks really good though. Possibly even stupid good with zoning and projectile invincibility/reflection.

I am nervous/excited to see what they do with my other favs like Kitana and Johnny (IF they are in). Also Kano as I've always liked him and want to see a merger of Commando and Cut Throat gameplay with him. Cassie as well. I want to see if she replaces Sonya's original non-gadget based style. I'm kinda hoping they evolve her Brawler variation self further so she's an acrobatic kick/grappler like Blue Mary or Cammy to showcase the Cage/Sonya lineage while finally becoming her own character.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
And if we don't get custom variations for competitive play, we might only get a zoning type variation which could make her lack everywhere else, whereas Skarlet might do what she wants to do better in a base move set.
Given that 2/3 of the loadouts that they showed on stream were not zoning based I feel like the fear is irrational.

aj1701

Noob
At least she still has the razorrang; I didn't notice it in the reveal trailer, so I thought maybe it was gone completely, which I thought was a bit odd.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Given that 2/3 of the loadouts that they showed on stream were not zoning based I feel like the fear is irrational.
Sure, but my point still stands.

They showed her base load out without any additions, and my point again is, if she has a variation that has all her best "Zoning" moves in one variation, I feel like she will lack everywhere else in that variation, and if she has a zoning variation, I feel there will be other characters that will it better, Skarlet for example, and has some better base moves, and even Baraka currently gives you more to fear once you step past his projectiles.

Again, I'm really excited to play her, maybe more than Sub at the moment, but thats my concern in a nutshell, if she's supposed to zone and play keep away, I don't think she will be the best choice for it.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Sure, but my point still stands.

They showed her base load out without any additions, and my point again is, if she has a variation that has all her best "Zoning" moves in one variation, I feel like she will lack everywhere else in that variation, and if she has a zoning variation, I feel there will be other characters that will it better, Skarlet for example, and has some better base moves, and even Baraka currently gives you more to fear once you step past his projectiles.

Again, I'm really excited to play her, maybe more than Sub at the moment, but thats my concern in a nutshell, if she's supposed to zone and play keep away, I don't think she will be the best choice for it.
They said pretty clearly that by default she's an anti-zoning character who excels at footsies in the mid-range.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't think her zoning variations will lack, even 16 bit said sure may not be as strong up close but she won't exactly suck either she'll be able to hold her own. Plus, the staff moves keep people in check up close to sweep range. I don't think she'll be like horrible or anything up close.