What's new

Jade and Skarlet have the same mask...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Scorpion and Sub-Zero both have a skin that looks pretty much identical. Pretty sure that some skins and gear are based around klassic MK games and are meant to look like palette swaps.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I'd expect a lot of the females to share masks. Hope that means we'll get MK2-3 Looks for the female ninjas and that they'll change the hairstyles to the buns/short haired looks.

But, this is honestly no problem at all. I didn't even notice it until it was pointed out.

Lol well I'm glad it's not bothering some people. I don't want kitana, jade, skarlet, and mileena to all have the same exact mask I can unlock with pallette swaps. Give them some unique character. But hey I know this franchise is known for color swap ninjas so whatever.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Nice catch.

Why are people whining in this thread? It’s a good observation and implicates one of two possibilities:

1. Skarlet and Jade have some sort of story connection we don’t know about yet, so share gear.

2. There are gear pieces that aren’t character locked, which means the customization might be more varied than we thought.

This place is getting more cancerous by the day...

E

Eldriken

TYM absolutely needs ''create a thread rules'' ...
You are right about this for sure. It's like Twitter around here with threads, but no character limit. Every thought that comes to mind doesn't have to be made into a thread.

While this one kind of teeters on that, it's sorta okay for the most part and I'm gonna leave it open...for now.

Also cleaned things up a bit. Too many posts weren't even about the topic.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah this is nonsense, but is there a good gear thread yet? Has anyone seen any good ones in trailers / ss's? They said "hundreds" of glaives in the Jade stream so we could be looking at insane Injustice numbers of gear options again.

E

Eldriken

Yeah this is nonsense, but is there a good gear thread yet? Has anyone seen any good ones in trailers / ss's? They said "hundreds" of glaives in the Jade stream so we could be looking at insane Injustice numbers of gear options again.
I don't think there's a dedicated gear thread yet. There definitely needs to be one.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
OP you're looking at this all glass half empty. You're thinking "we could have had X gear pieces, all of them unique, but actually we have X minus a bunch that are shared." When the reality might be "we could have had X gear pieces, all of them unique, but actually we have X plus a bunch that are shared."

More options is almost always better than less options. Give two characters the same gear piece and I might like it on one of them, but not on the other.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Nice catch.

Why are people whining in this thread? It’s a good observation and implicates one of two possibilities:

1. Skarlet and Jade have some sort of story connection we don’t know about yet, so share gear.

2. There are gear pieces that aren’t character locked, which means the customization might be more varied than we thought.

This place is getting more cancerous by the day...
Because OP said "I would like completely unique cosmetics for everyone in the roster" and everyone decided to get defensive, completely ignoring any possibilities on what this could mean.

TYM right now thinks that having any sort of criticism/personal opinion that goes against something in MK11 = you are shitting on the game. An obviously this is a dedicated MK/Injustice community, so that's a big no-no.

This thread and so small and we already have people:
  • People claiming it's a non-issue while using a defensive tone against OP. If it's so insignificant as you claim, then why does it matter if someone shares their opinion on it? It really shouldn't be bothering you then. I mean OP even said that while he would prefer everything being unique (which isn't a controversial opinion, I think) that he understands MK is known for palette swaps so it isn't that big of a deal.
  • People saying that we need thread creation rules, implying that there is something wrong with the thread... why? Because he pointed out something and made a comment on it that you didn't like?
  • People comparing it to a Reddit thread, whatever that means.
  • People making "That's racist!" jokes and/or posting low effort memes.
  • A mod has already had to step in.
Like holy shit, chill. I don't see what's so bad about the OP.

Besides, what exactly is a "better thread"? Petitions about mechanics? Another thread a your main(s) but this time with different flair? The one millionth thread about how Fujin, Shang Tsung, etc, may not be in the game? More threads complaining about Jacqui? Just want to know what the great TYM standard apparently is.

OP is nowhere near being bad, especially in comparison to some of the really dumb things that's been posted here over the past month or so.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
There is no need to create a thread for which is you dislike, use your profile status please.. i have some problems with MK11, what am i suppose to do? create a thread about them? come on... please use your logic.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Yeah those masks designs are pretty similar, but having those two right next to each other made me realize how much better the facial models are for these games. If you put the picture in grayscale, just looking at the eyes and eyebrows alone you can tell which character is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.