What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Patch Notes

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
  • Jacqui - BP,FP,BP is now -2 on block (down from -7)
  • Jacqui - Forces Charge now has 2 hits of armor
  • Jacqui - Away+BP now has 5 less block cancel advantage
  • Jacqui (Full Auto) - increased combo damage scaling on Towards+BP,UP+BP,BP+BK
  • Jacqui (Full Auto) - Up Rocket is now -3 on block (down from +5)
  • Jacqui (Full Auto) - Rocket Power is now +7 on block (down from +28)
  • Jacqui (Full Auto) - increased combo damage scaling on Up Rocket & Rocket Power
  • Jacqui (Shotgun) - Double Barrel is now -1 on block (up from -5)
  • Jacqui (Shotgun) - Low Blast is now -11 on block (down from -6)
  • Jacqui (Shotgun) - increased combo damage scaling on Low Blow & Low Blast
  • Jacqui (Shotgun) - Low Blow is now +9 on hit when done a second time in the same combo (down from +39)
  • Jacqui (Shotgun) - Low Blast is now +19 on hit when done a second time in the same combo (down from +39)
  • Jacqui (High Tech) - Quick Burst has an additional 3 recovery frames
  • Jacqui (High Tech) - Quick Burst is now -1 on block (down from +2)
  • Jacqui (High Tech) - Quick Burst level 2 is now +8 on block (down from +11)
  • Jacqui (High Tech) - Quick Burst level 3 is now +7 on block (down from +10)

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thoughts? I feel like she's pretty much ruined at this point. Double armor is great... but what's she supposed to do in the neutral? Especially poor Shotgun and HT. Ggs Jacqui.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Full auto will still be good. Much the same gameplan tbh.

Shotgun will still be strong but her entire gameplan will have to be reworked.

High tech looks fucken useless.
I feel like the run/stamina nerfs really hurt her, since her neutral was already so bad. Now her movement speed isn't nearly of much as an asset, and she's going to have a much harder time maintaining her stamina-heavy kombos. So she ate a ton of direct nerfs in addition to a few major indirect nerfs. I'm really not sure what she's supposed to do in the neutral.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I feel like the run/stamina nerfs really hurt her, since her neutral was already so bad. Now her movement speed isn't nearly of much as an asset, and she's going to have a much harder time maintaining her stamina-heavy kombos. So she ate a ton of direct nerfs in addition to a few major indirect nerfs. I'm really not sure what she's supposed to do in the neutral.
Stanky??

Shotgun has db2 still at least.

Full auto gets indirectly buffed from stamina and jump nerfs as her keep away game becomes stronger.

High tech again just looks completely fucked.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Stanky??

Full auto gets indirectly buffed from stamina and jump nerfs as her keep away game becomes stronger.

Shotgun db2 looks pretty unsafe now.

Hi Tech is just WTF. Like, seriously they nerfed HT? Jacqui already played by the rules of the new patch, no launching armor. They should have at least left her alone with all the run cancel and stamina nerfs. I could have even dealt with level 2 quick burst plus frames nerf if they at least increased it's range. Then the one buff they give her is on the most useless armor in the game. It's 2 hits of armor on unsafe high hitting slow ass startup forces charge. At least give it some more advantage on hit so we can buff gauntlets. Her other buff is quite possibly even more useless. Why would I be -2 with 212 when I can be +2 with 1212. Maybe the 212 recovers faster on hit too, even though the notes don't mention it. That would be nice. Wishful thinking though... We should just rename HT "1212" because that's all she is now. Can't even cancel into QB because that will end her pressure unless buffed. She probably lost a couple bnb's due to the stamina nerfs too. Rant over.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
Stanky??

The Patch really blew my mind. Unbelievable what they did to hightech. But hey, every game has atleast one useless character.
Shotgun db2 looks pretty unsafe now.

Hi Tech is just WTF. Like, seriously they nerfed HT? Jacqui already played by the rules of the new patch, no launching armor. They should have at least left her alone with all the run cancel and stamina nerfs. I could have even dealt with level 2 quick burst plus frames nerf if they at least increased it's range. Then the one buff they give her is on the most useless armor in the game. It's 2 hits of armor on unsafe high hitting slow ass startup forces charge. At least give it some more advantage on hit so we can buff gauntlets. Her other buff is quite possibly even more useless. Why would I be -2 with 212 when I can be +2 with 1212. Maybe the 212 recovers faster on hit too, even though the notes don't mention it. That would be nice. Wishful thinking though... We should just rename HT "1212" because that's all she is now. Can't even cancel into QB because that will end her pressure unless buffed. She probably lost a couple bnb's due to the stamina nerfs too. Rant over.
This pretty much! My guess is that all of hightechs hard hitting high execution midscreen combos are gone. Stuff like punishing with 33qbrc,stanky,run,1,f2u2du4 4bf4. Like that shit wasn't hard enough by itself...and now getting in (in a game that's clustered with half screen normals) doesn't mean shit anyways because you can't maintain your offense unless you go for gutsy reads.

Cosmos

Noob
Will she still get three reps of 121 with qbrc's with the stamina changes?

Just trying to figure out exactly what this has done to her pressure aha

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Will she still get three reps of 121 with qbrc's with the stamina changes?

Just trying to figure out exactly what this has done to her pressure aha
Probably 2 max. I doubt it will even jail though so they could just armor out. We'll find out tomorrow.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Probably 2 max. I doubt it will even jail though so they could just armor out. We'll find out tomorrow.
It can't jail because it was already a 2-3 frame link and they added 3 extra frames before cancel. b14 and f12 should still jail. b2 is suspect with the added 5 extra frames plus 3.

Run cancels take a half bar now which means she almost certainly cannot do more than 1 run cancel on block (since she needs at least 1 and a half bar to do another run cancel and even if you're frame perfect you'll take more than half a bar (since that is he starting requirement lol).

Cosmos

Noob
It can't jail because it was already a 2-3 frame link and they added 3 extra frames before cancel. b14 and f12 should still jail. b2 is suspect with the added 5 extra frames plus 3.

Run cancels take a half bar now which means she almost certainly cannot do more than 1 run cancel on block (since she needs at least 1 and a half bar to do another run cancel and even if you're frame perfect you'll take more than half a bar (since that is he starting requirement lol).
Are the additional 3 frames on the qbrc cancel itself or just from 121? If it's the qbrc then she has lost so much pressure!!

Just curious, how much stamina is a dash cancel? Can she do one qbrc cancel to start pressure then get a dash cancel from a hitconfirm if she opens you up?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Are the additional 3 frames on the qbrc cancel itself or just from 121? If it's the qbrc then she has lost so much pressure!!

Just curious, how much stamina is a dash cancel? Can she do one qbrc cancel to start pressure then get a dash cancel from a hitconfirm if she opens you up?
It's on the qb. It's cancel advantage though not startup. She'looks be able to dash cancel, but the stanky dash cancel combos after a cancel on block are a thing of the past. She'll require full stamina for max damage midscreen. You should still be able to dash cancel into 1212 but it'll take a half of a bar of stamina now.

Cosmos

Noob
It's on the qb. It's cancel advantage though not startup. She'looks be able to dash cancel, but the stanky dash cancel combos after a cancel on block are a thing of the past. She'll require full stamina for max damage midscreen. You should still be able to dash cancel into 1212 but it'll take a half of a bar of stamina now.
Ok i'm with you now, thank you! So assuming she has full stamina and can go for her regular bnb does the extra 3f on the cancel not impact the end of the combo? I'm assuming it wouldn't but just thought i'd ask.

EDIT: ignore that, been too long since i've played, I don't know why I thought she had a qbrc after f2u2du4.

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
No extra frames to cancel on a blocking opponent were added to High Tech. Everything still jails BUT you can only do 1 QBRC ever now with the stamina changes. A lot of the system changes were against her. Honestly what may be even worse is with the 3 frames of recovery added to df2 she can't do the highly damaging combos she used to in the corner in LV2 buff unless b2 lands on a standing opponent. At least the 2 hits of armor on EX bf1 help vs Grandmaster.

So the buff is still slow, she still has poor neutral, and her damage and pressure have been nerfed. But despite her direct and indirect nerfs I will continue to try to make her work. Looks like I'll be editing my HiJac thread a lot soon.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So high tech got a movement nerf, massive pressure nerf, midscreen combo damage nerf and corner combo damage nerf.

But hey 212 is now -2 so yay?

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
Unlisted changes I just found: The first two gaps in 2334 are smaller and both 33 kicks are safer on block.

She's not off to a great start at all but hope some of you will stick with me in trying to make her work.

Last edited:

kelevra

Did anyone check if she has a special costume for hightech? I'm seriously looking for the clown costume no bs.

omooba

fear the moobs
i don't think the problem is the nerfs she got the problem is she got nothing. some of the stuff high tech was doing and all of the stuff shotgun was doing was stupid. the character's design has always been ify so yeah the nerfs were fine but they needed buffs to go along with it

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Unlisted changes I just found: The first two gaps in 2334 are smaller and both 33 kicks are safer on block.

She's not off to a great start at all but hope some of you will stick with me in trying to make her work.
I'll still use her but no longer in tournaments. She was already a tough pick and felt like she was fighting an uphill battle in half her matchups. Now it's just a joke.

I'm not whinging btw, I fully understand that this is the direction NRS has chosen and I'm perfectly capable of picking another character/variation and moving on. I'm just a bit confused as to why they thought high tech needed to be nerfed in such a targeted fashion after she was already nerfed by the general mechanics changes. What was the thought process that a low tier character with very little tournament representation as it is should be nerfed heavily by general system changes, then nerfed specifically on top of that without any buffs in compensation (no d4 buff, no reflect buff, no db2 buff, no neutral normal buffs). Ahh well, nothing we can do but adapt and drop the character for someone better.

i don't think the problem is the nerfs she got the problem is she got nothing. some of the stuff high tech was doing and all of the stuff shotgun was doing was stupid. the character's design has always been ify so yeah the nerfs were fine but they needed buffs to go along with it
The issue is she was already nerfed fairly hard with the generalised nerfs. It affected her more than other characters as she is 1. A cancel character, 2. Lacking any half screen/full screen presence, 3. Lacking any decent ranged/fast normals for neutral.

Honestly even with just the general nerfs she would have been hit quite hard. To then nerf her stamina-less pressure with 0 compensation is just weird.

Last edited:

kelevra

Tried hard to play her today. Went up vs hattrick, boraicho and a cryo...its just too obvious how bad she is in her core design because her high tech specific tools just dont compensate any of her weaknesses unlike fa and to some extent shotty. Deinstalled, im not gonna get even more gray hair over this shit...