What's new

Question - High Tech Jacqui HIGH TECH buff ideas..

Do you agree with these buffs for High Tech?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 41 91.1%

• Total voters

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
We are slow learners, it's not like Piercing Mileena got her b12 buffed, and she's quite simple as a character unlike High Tech Jaqui.
Mileens's b12 did get buffed and it was not long after that when people started saying she was really good and started to get tournament results. If HT was really as good as Ronin, we would have seen some tournament results by now.

That's exactly why you never see High Tech, because her other variations are better in every matchup. In a sense, you're saying High Tech is fine because you just shouldn't be using High Tech, which is completely side-stepping the issue.
No im saying that theres nothing you could do for high tech which would warrant playing her over the other variation without making her too much and when ppl say "she gets zoned out" then of course pick another variation the base character flaws just dont work as well with high tech but they wanted her with stubby limbs for a reason

What matchups does high tech do better than shotgun or full auto?

The appropriate analogy is that Fisticuffs is fine because A-List and Stunt Double exist.

Which is just stupid.
Well if we go by you and rips logic then konjurer alien ,ethereal mileena ,covert ops sonya,cybernetic kano , and lasher takeda should be buffed to keep up with their variation counter parts and there are plenty other variations i didnt name so what is really stupid here? I think theres nothing you can do because her stubby limbs are what balances out her design and sure it sucks but at the end of the day there will always and I repeat always be a variation that is not as good as the others also im not saying dont use high tech but im saying why use high tech in a match up thats already bad for jacqui if you like high tech you could use it versus certain characters and manage but others you're just hanging yourself and same goes for whoever said fisticuffs isnt fine fisticuffs is great its just that the other variations are better that doesnt mean hes not a designed well or that he needs buffs

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Well if we go by you and rips logic then konjurer alien ,ethereal mileena ,covert ops sonya,cybernetic kano , and lasher takeda should be buffed to keep up with their variation counter parts and there are plenty other variations i didnt name so what is really stupid here? I think theres nothing you can do because her stubby limbs are what balances out her design and sure it sucks but at the end of the day there will always and I repeat always be a variation that is not as good as the others also im not saying dont use high tech but im saying why use high tech in a match up thats already bad for jacqui if you like high tech you could use it versus certain characters and manage but others you're just hanging yourself and same goes for whoever said fisticuffs isnt fine fisticuffs is great its just that the other variations are better that doesnt mean hes not a designed well or that he needs buffs
Lol

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The big difference between the variations you mentioned and high tech is that they have another variation that is so obviously overpowered (and deserves nerfs). That's not the case with Jacqui, high tech just sucks. One of these things is not like the other one.

Besides the point, using the variation system to justify a competitively terrible variation is terrible logic.

Someone please pick up this OP high tech character I keep hearing about. Show me how to play the Takeda, Johnny, Mileena, Kano, Predator, Ermac, and Kotal matchups.

Lack of tournament winnings and placements aren't good enough to call a character bad, but when you don't even see anyone using the character in a competitive setting it certainly makes you take pause and think why?

High Tech is a high execution character with some serious flaws which prevent her from being a viable tournament character.

Please, if you or anyone else is conviced she's OP, pick her up and show me. I'm tired of all this theorycrafting bullshit along with block string videos where the opponent isn't ducking or showing situational 60% combos which require two gauntlet sparks and corner positioning. Show me footage of you doing well againsts tournament players who are well versed in the matchup where you don't get counterpicked to oblivion. Show me you taking sets off Takedas, ermacs, Mileenas, kotals. If your character can't deal with some of the most common tournament characters good luck.

For the amount of time and effort required to use High Tech, she should be more than a niche counterpick that works mainly because the opponent doesn't know the matchup rather than actually being a better choice than full auto and shotgun.

The big difference between the variations you mentioned and high tech is that they have another variation that is so obviously overpowered (and deserves nerfs). That's not the case with Jacqui, high tech just sucks. One of these things is not like the other one.

Besides the point, using the variation system to justify a competitively terrible variation is terrible logic.

Someone please pick up this OP high tech character I keep hearing about. Show me how to play the Takeda, Johnny, Mileena, Kano, Predator, Ermac, and Kotal matchups.

Lack of tournament winnings and placements aren't good enough to call a character bad, but when you don't even see anyone using the character in a competitive setting it certainly makes you take pause and think why?

High Tech is a high execution character with some serious flaws which prevent her from being a viable tournament character.

Please, if you or anyone else is conviced she's OP, pick her up and show me. I'm tired of all this theorycrafting bullshit along with block string videos where the opponent isn't ducking or showing situational 60% combos which require two gauntlet sparks and corner positioning. Show me footage of you doing well againsts tournament players who are well versed in the matchup where you don't get counterpicked to oblivion. She me you taking sets off Takedas, ermacs, Mileenas, kotals. If your character can't deal with some of the most common tournament characters good luck.

For the amount of time and effort required to use High Tech, she should be more than a niche counterpick that works mainly because the opponent doesn't know the matchup rather than actually being a better choice than full auto and shotgun.
Im not saying shes OP nor am i theory crafting i play jacqui what im saying is the reason she has problems with the characters you mentioned is a problem with base jacqui while full auto and shotgun kind of gives you a way around those high tech doesnt but its not high tech being bad its jacqui original flaws which means they need to redesign jacqui because no matter what you do to high tech she'll have the same problem no reach no limbs so can i hear what you suggest would make her fit to use over the other variations that would just be high tech specific not pokes or anything universal

Please, if you or anyone else is conviced she's OP, pick her up and show me. I'm tired of all this theorycrafting bullshit along with block string videos where the opponent isn't ducking or showing situational 60% combos which require two gauntlet sparks and corner positioning. Show me footage of you doing well againsts tournament players who are well versed in the matchup where you don't get counterpicked to oblivion. Show me you taking sets off Takedas, ermacs, Mileenas, kotals. If your character can't deal with some of the most common tournament characters good luck.

And although the chars i named best variations might be really good even if you take say piercing out of the equation both ravenous and ethereal are still good because mileena is good jaqcui overall isnt that great but there is a reason for that being that she has the 50/50 and really good damage they made her limbs suck for that very reason which is why i say shes designed fine i dont mean shes gonna win a major or even a lot of matches but she is fine for what they wanted her to be personally i feel as though one variation or character should never be able to win a tournament alone thats

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Im not saying shes OP nor am i theory crafting i play jacqui what im saying is the reason she has problems with the characters you mentioned is a problem with base jacqui while full auto and shotgun kind of gives you a way around those high tech doesnt but its not high tech being bad its jacqui original flaws which means they need to redesign jacqui because no matter what you do to high tech she'll have the same problem no reach no limbs so can i hear what you suggest would make her fit to use over the other variations that would just be high tech specific not pokes or anything universal
I think the best changes would be a universal d4 buff and a universal reflect buff. I don't understand why any change to Jacqui has to be high tech specific. You can buff the base character and nerf shotgun damage, bf2 safety (make it -12) and full auto db3 (make it -5) and still have 3 very viable characters. If it must be high tech specific;

df2 is 12 frames startup
df2 has increased range
d1 gets increased range when gauntlet sparks are active
db2 recovery is now 30 frames
successful absorb gives one charge

Now high tech won't get 7-3 counterpicked by 5-6 characters.

I think the best changes would be a universal d4 buff and a universal reflect buff. I don't understand why any change to Jacqui has to be high tech specific. You can buff the base character and nerf shotgun damage, bf2 safety (make it -12) and full auto db3 (make it -5) and still have 3 very viable characters. If it must be high tech specific;

df2 is 12 frames startup
df2 has increased range

I thought the thread was about high tech only which is why i said the things i said and whats the startup on df2 currently i dnt remember but if 12f is slower then i agree

I thought the thread was about high tech only which is why i said the things i said and whats the startup on df2 currently i dnt remember but if 12f is slower then i agree
Personally i think all of jacqui damage should be nerfed and just make the gauntlet charge do more damage so high tech would be the damage variation like its no reason full auto should be able to zone and then when you get close she takes 45 for a bar she built while zoning

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

df2 is 12 frames startup
df2 has increased range

Grandmaster has that many 3-7s if not more. It doesn't make them a bad character. Granted, Grandmaster has more winning matchups, but still, bad matchups are a thing.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Grandmaster also wins some matchups and 7-3s other cast members. Please don't compare him to high tech, it's not a valid comparison.
Don't get me wrong, he is 1000000000 times better than high tech, but due to the variation system and how it actually benefits Jacqui, she doesn't have to use HT in these horrible matchups because the other variations do better in those situations. Does HT win any matchups? I'm not being a smart ass, I'm curious.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It's currently 15 frames, 12 frames is faster than 15. You honestly know nothing about high tech do you? You're really just speaking out your arse now.

Personally i think all of jacqui damage should be nerfed and just make the gauntlet charge do more damage so high tech would be the damage variation like its no reason full auto should be able to zone and then when you get close she takes 45 for a bar she built while zoning
Full auto won't build much bar zoning unless you block her guns for whatever reason. Zoning in MKX is weak in general due to the presence of a run button and heaps of fast, safe, advancing normals. In order for full auto to compete in the current meta, she needs her damage as is.

I wouldn't mind a damage nerf to full auto if it meant a meaningful d4 and reflect buff.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Yes I know Jacqui is a good character. Shotgun and Full auto that is.... I still think High Tech is in need for some help.

High tech is all about cancels... This is the only variation were her range is a very big problem... Buff ideas.
1. Quick Burst has less push back on hit to continue pressure
2. Quick Burst is now 12 frame startup down from 15
3. Close gap with s4 into Quick Burst
4. Force Dash does 10% like her shotgun variation
5. 1,2,1 is easier to jail
6. Quick Burst is +17 on hit up from +14
7. Plasma Burst is now an overhead
8. Absorbing 3 projectiles with her Quick Burst or Plasma Burst will instantly charge to Level one gauntlet spark. Absorbing 6 projectile well instantly spark to level two gauntlet ignite.

Those are my buffs for High Tech. These buffs will make her a tournament viable character in my opinion. With her short range she waste all her stamina trying to get in and backdashing she can barely get started with her cancels.

It's currently 15 frames, 12 frames is faster than 15. You honestly know nothing about high tech do you? You're really just speaking out your arse now.

Full auto won't build much bar zoning unless you block her guns for whatever reason. Zoning in MKX is weak in general due to the presence of a run button and heaps of fast, safe, advancing normals. In order for full auto to compete in the current meta, she needs her damage as is.

I wouldn't mind a damage nerf to full auto if it meant a meaningful d4 and reflect buff.
Just because i didnt remember the frames of that one particular move but honestly it sound like you dont care about balance as a whole but as long as high tech can be played all the time and yes why on earth would you make that move faster that it already is on startup with a faster reflect plus her run speed plus her chip plus her damage you just dont want any disadvantages on the character do you name one reason why that move needs to be faster because i think she deserves to get zoned out

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Don't get me wrong, he is 1000000000 times better than high tech, but due to the variation system and how it actually benefits Jacqui, she doesn't have to use HT in these horrible matchups because the other variations do better in those situations. Does HT win any matchups? I'm not being a smart ass, I'm curious.
She wins against the following (6-4):
- cyrax
- cyber sub
- unbreakable
- ancestral
- Royal storm
- drunken master
- Necromancer
- Ferra Torr
- Goro
- sorcerer

You might as well use shotgun or full auto though because they all do the same as if not better than high tech.

On paper it sounds worse than she actually is; she does ok against a lot of variations. I don't mind playing mainly 5-5s or 4-6s. It's just the match ups she loses terribly are very common tournament characters and the ones she does ok in you very rarely see. You can't use her in tournament because she is way to easily counterpicked. And not with niche characters either; with characters like Liu Kang, mileena, Johnny, D'Vorah, Kano, kotal, Takeda, sub zero, scorpion and Ermac.

The one exception to this alien, which high tech actually goes even against.

Just because i didnt remember the frames of that one particular move but honestly it sound like you dont care about balance as a whole but as long as high tech can be played all the time and yes why on earth would you make that move faster that it already is on startup with a faster reflect plus her run speed plus her chip plus her damage you just dont want any disadvantages on the character do you name one reason why that move needs to be faster because i think she deserves to get zoned out
Lol

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You lol yet dont have any reason why that spark should be faster maybe i should get get a picture of jacqui and make my name jacqui master 65 so i can automatically seem like i know what im talking and condesend ppl with "lol"
Lol.

It should be faster because it would help her footsie game allowing her to maintain space and giving her a more prominent ability to whiff punish stuff, without being over powered.

It's +14 on hit with pushback, doesn't guarantee any follow up outside a run up s1, can't be comboed off and can't be staggered. If they increased the range as well, it'd be +2 on block, but she'd be out of range to follow up with anything making it essentially an Ermac ex push without armour, less damage, no healing, no meter drain and a quarter of the range.

Compare it to other neutral moves like cassie's b1, D'Vorah's f1, Jason's b1, kotal's b1 and you'll see what I mean.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
She wins against the following (6-4):
- cyrax
- cyber sub
- unbreakable
- ancestral
- Royal storm
- drunken master
- Necromancer
- Ferra Torr
- Goro
- sorcerer

You might as well use shotgun or full auto though because they all do the same as if not better than high tech.

On paper it sounds worse than she actually is; she does ok against a lot of variations. I don't mind playing mainly 5-5s or 4-6s. It's just the match ups she loses terribly are very common tournament characters and the ones she does ok in you very rarely see. You can't use her in tournament because she is way to easily counterpicked. And not with niche characters either; with characters like Liu Kang, mileena, Johnny, D'Vorah, Kano, kotal, Takeda, sub zero, scorpion and Ermac.

The one exception to this alien, which high tech actually goes even against.

Lol
Yeah I can understand that. It's kinda like Cryomancer, he does well in some situations, but Grandmaster still does it better.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Mileens's b12 did get buffed and it was not long after that when people started saying she was really good and started to get tournament results. If HT was really as good as Ronin, we would have seen some tournament results by now.
Witch buffs did Mileena b12 get?