What's new

Question - High Tech Jacqui HIGH TECH buff ideas..

Do you agree with these buffs for High Tech?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 41 91.1%

• Total voters

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Some of those would be cool. I really like the idea of bf1 whiff recovery being reduced and db1 startup faster. Like I said before, they need to be careful about block infinites with the other stuff. I'd really like to see something that gives her an easier/safer gauntlet buff, as that seems to be the main "trait" of High Tech.

Her gameplan should be to get a hit into hard knockdown, get buffed, then go crazy with buffed pressure.
True I guess. Maybe give her strings (only really care about 121, b3 and 114) 3 frames extra cancel advantage and increase the range of df2? That essentially achieves the same thing without risking block infinites against Ferra torr.

As for buffing her ability to get buffed; I don't really care either way tbh. Getting buffs more easily won't help with any of her core gameplay issues but it's nice I guess? The fact that her pressure is better with level 1 buff and worse with level 2 buff is slightly weird.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
True I guess. Maybe give her strings (only really care about 121, b3 and 114) 3 frames extra cancel advantage and increase the range of df2? That essentially achieves the same thing without risking block infinites against Ferra torr.

As for buffing her ability to get buffed; I don't really care either way tbh. Getting buffs more easily won't help with any of her core gameplay issues but it's nice I guess? The fact that her pressure is better with level 1 buff and worse with level 2 buff is slightly weird.
Gauntlet buffs are what make the variation fun, imo. That wouldn't help as much with her MU's. I think the neutral is what she lacks. Either the faster d4, or more range on d4 would help with that. More range on df2 or faster recovery on bf1 would definitely help as well.

Another thing to consider is the word "kounter" that Colt posted in a status update on here. We may not have to worry about block infinites anymore if there is a way to universally counter any gap in the game.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Sounds to me like they would have to rebalance this character. Not just give her stuff. Give her a decent projectile. Maybe with gauntlet charge 1 and 2 she gets better range on D1 with a bigger hitbox from the charge (idk the frames of her D1 btw)

But in return, reduce the meter building she gets off her jailing pressure and nerf the damage when gauntlets are active

@Pan1cMode what would you say about those?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I am yungmonster, yungmonster12 was not me. And OMG you did not just ask for high tech nerfs
If he didn't, I'll do it for him. She's broken for the same reasons Ronin is, but just lacks the players... Just like Ronin, witch became broken the second he got quick call, but nobody would listen :(

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
If he didn't, I'll do it for him. She's broken for the same reasons Ronin is, but just lacks the players... Just like Ronin, witch became broken the second he got quick call, but nobody would listen :(
Ronin and High Tech are on the opposite ends of the tier list. How could you even think HT is on Ronin's level?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't know if they can buff High Tech to the point where she's fair and balanced; her core design is kind of flawed. She's based around rushdown pressure, but her limbs and buttons are just awful; characters like Liu Kang can just d3 her all day. She can have the best pressure in the game, but how is she supposed to get it started?

So your solution to fix high tech is to just pick full auto? Nice.
Lol yes someone just asked me this exact same thing and i agree because she doesnt need fixes her short limbs are part of her design they fixed everything they needed to last time if she gets zoned out thats great because it encourages you to use a different variation which is what the developers intended

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Lol yes someone just asked me this exact same thing and i agree because she doesnt need fixes her short limbs are part of her design they fixed everything they needed to last time if she gets zoned out thats great because it encourages you to use a different variation which is what the developers intended
That's exactly why you never see High Tech, because her other variations are better in every matchup. In a sense, you're saying High Tech is fine because you just shouldn't be using High Tech, which is completely side-stepping the issue.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Exactly, he got (too) good the moment they added quick call, but it took him a patch or 2 more to get recognition.
It was quick call but also they did major buffs to his strings which made them faster, safer and eliminated gaps. They've been slowly nerfing him since. He's much better than HT even after the nerfs.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
It was quick call but also they did major buffs to his strings which made them faster, safer and eliminated gaps. They've been slowly nerfing him since. He's much better than HT even after the nerfs.
The string buffs helped him, but it was quick call that made him S+. I said so well before he was actually considered top tier and left a comment under a K&M video if I'm not mistaken.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The string buffs helped him, but it was quick call that made him S+. I said so well before he was actually considered top tier and left a comment under a K&M video if I'm not mistaken.
When did they buff that f12 2+4 string to have no gap? Because that really helped his pressure. I think they also made his sword strings much faster and safer which couldn't have hurt.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
When did they buff that f12 2+4 string to have no gap? Because that really helped his pressure. I think they also made his sword strings much faster and safer which couldn't have hurt.
You think that with that gap Ronin wouldn't be able to do the same things he does now?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
You think that with that gap Ronin wouldn't be able to do the same things he does now?
I'm not getting into this Ronin discussion. What is your point? That HT is secret top tier and nobody has been able to figure out how to use her effectively? I really don't think that you can compare Ronin to High Tech.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I'm not getting into this Ronin discussion. What is your point? That HT is secret top tier and nobody has been able to figure out how to use her effectively? I really don't think that you can compare Ronin to High Tech.
I can't be sure on how good she is and I can't say if she is as good as Ronin, but I think she is most underrated yeah.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I can't be sure on how good she is and I can't say if she is as good as Ronin, but I think she is most underrated yeah.
I think we are at the point now where it's safe to say that she isn't very good. The game's been out for almost a year and a half.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I think we are at the point now where it's safe to say that she isn't very good. The game's been out for almost a year and a half.
We are slow learners, it's not like Piercing Mileena got her b12 buffed, and she's quite simple as a character unlike High Tech Jaqui.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
High tech in general is ridiculously hard to balance imo. Give her a useful advancing mid and she's gonna become johnny + dvorah on crack. Speed up her gauntlets and she's gonna become flamefist on crack.
To fix her I think she only needs very minor things.
Discourage the opponents zoning by giving her a charge if she absorbs a projectile and maybe give her some pressure off of her d4 because that move is just horrible. Tone down the damage on charged corner combos , there is no reason for any character at all to get 50+ percent for a meterless 50/50.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
This thread was so juicy until it became regular again :(

I'm not going to comment on HT because I have no idea what she does. But reos video and yungmonsters about her insane jailing and damage scare the living daylights out of me if she gets too buffed.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What matchups does high tech do better than shotgun or full auto?

The appropriate analogy is that Fisticuffs is fine because A-List and Stunt Double exist.

Which is just stupid.