What's new

Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Help me with match-ups v. Kung Lao and Liu Kang. Sadly, these two have provided most of my losses in Kombat League. 70 so matches.

I know Liu Kang has gaps in his strings, but I only started playing online a week and a half ago so I haven't caught on yet.

Her d1 is so trash. It has no reach and if I hit someone they can poke me right back.

Also, how do you do three knees before the three in the Lethal Clutch!!?

Jacqui's jump kick sucks. :eek:

Help me with match-ups v. Kung Lao and Liu Kang. Sadly, these two have provided most of my losses in Kombat League. 70 so matches.

I know Liu Kang has gaps in his strings, but I only started playing online a week and a half ago so I haven't caught on yet.

Her d1 is so trash. It has no reach and if I hit someone they can poke me right back.

Also, how do you do three knees before the three in the Lethal Clutch!!?

Jacqui's jump kick sucks. :eek:
I found a great Next Gen Jacqui player vid that may help you somewhat when fighting Lui Kang.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
So, is Kotal a bad matchup? I was playing next gen and it felt like I couldnt punish his sword strings and his low kick strings, they probably were safe, but he outranged me with his moves so bad I couldnt counter poke or do anything!

DTruth

Noob
Is anyone getting anything out of the Next Gen Grenade Launcher buff? Other then a hard corner combo that takes two meter im not seeing any use.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So, is Kotal a bad matchup? I was playing next gen and it felt like I couldnt punish his sword strings and his low kick strings, they probably were safe, but he outranged me with his moves so bad I couldnt counter poke or do anything!
I'm no expert in the MU, but the way I look at it is that he outranges her, but her strings come out faster. So instead of just blocking and waiting for him to initiate offense, you have to take the initiative and harass him by interrupting his highs with d4, etc.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Is anyone getting anything out of the Next Gen Grenade Launcher buff? Other then a hard corner combo that takes two meter im not seeing any use.
You can get double dot down faster on oki where as before they could wake up and block the second grenade and waste dot. You can also bf2 after a AA amplified grenade and sometimes get the kb if the spacing is right.

DTruth

Noob
What are Jacqui's go to AA? Ive been using Grenade Launcher and s44 and just block everything not in that range.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Any of yall got any good tips for playing against Next Gen Jacqui?

Last time in particular I was really getting messed up by a corner setup that ended in what I believe was a meaty Downward Air Grenade, but I'm going to try to lab that out tonight. Like she would instant air the downward grenade on oki

DTruth

Noob
Any of yall got any good tips for playing against Next Gen Jacqui?

Last time in particular I was really getting messed up by a corner setup that ended in what I believe was a meaty Downward Air Grenade, but I'm going to try to lab that out tonight. Like she would instant air the downward grenade on oki
Its similar to how you play Erron's puddle which is if you have health dont over react cause bad decisions put you in the blender.

Otherwise Next Gen is a more predictable Jacqui when it comes to staggers.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Playing the towers, the CPU Jacqui AI did a "new" brutality on me. It involved her back throw and i believe her shrapnel blast variation.
i ve only saw it once so the details maybe off, she threw me backward to the ground and shot my character in the face/upper body with her shrapnel blast -blown my body in half.

Does anyone know how to perform this?
THX

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
yeah I saw coach steve do that, regardless of the damage her unbreakable damage and + on block restands and free crossups. Is gonna be crazy silly. The execution is not hard at all either which is nuts she def gonna get some scaling added to her amp cancels.

500+ unbreakable damage with fb lol.
Not to mention full combos midscreen off f1; 1 bar 400 damage combos; insane mixups and pressure for a bar; safe, hitconfirmable, jumps; massive plus frames with low cancelled air blast.

She’s gonna be insane.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Not to mention full combos midscreen off f1; 1 bar 400 damage combos; insane mixups and pressure for a bar; safe, hitconfirmable, jumps; massive plus frames with low cancelled air blast.

She’s gonna be insane.
you can do it from her b32 also and switch sides with fucking ease lol.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Jacqui's 3rd Variation Looks Promising
I think you get more damage doing:

f12~leap~db1(ex)~ji2, f12~leap~db1(ex)~ji2, f22, f22, f12, f12~bf2

Although I don’t think you need to worry about spending the second bar since omitting the second round still gives you insane damage (360 iirc? although im doing this from memory)

Kicks scale everything massively so avoid using them.

They’re almost definitely gonna add in some damage scaling on enhanced air blast because it’s kinda ridiculous at the moment; especially in the corner.

I wonder she will get a variations specific kb, not like she really needs it but maybe of her air ground pound.
I’d like that. I don’t think she “needs” it, but it would make sense. Her other variations have unique krushing blows.

EDIT:

Playing around now:

starter~leap~db1(ex), ji2, f22, f22, f12, f12~bf2 does ~360

starter~leap~db1(ex), jik, b22~bf2(KB) does 400+
starter~leap~db1(ex)~ji2, f12~leap~db1(ex)~ji2, f22, f22, f12, f12~bf2 does 430+

starter~leap~db1(ex)~ji2, f12~leap~db1(ex)~jik, b22~bf2(kb) (500ish damage)

Definitely more damage :D

Corner combos are spicy too. So many combo routes I’m trying to figure out which is optimal.

EDIT 2:

Ok so for corner,

starter~leap~db1(ex)~ji2, 44~df1, d1, 112~bf2 (390+)

starter~leap~db1(ex)~ji2, f12~leap~db1(ex)~ji2, 44~df1, d1, 112~bf2 (470+)

It’s a bit ridiculous. They’ve obviously gotta add some scaling there.

Last edited: