What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs future Patch suggestions

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Universal
db1 and ex db1 7 frame startup (down from 11)

d4 9 frames startup (down from 13)

s4 mid can no longer be low profiled

bf1 hitbox glitches fixed so that both hits connect in corner and that it combos from hits in corner.

4u4 made 0 on block (down from +2)

non-ex bf2 made -12 (down from -9)

Shotgun
Heavy damage scaling on ex low shot (such that all corner combos take an effective 8-10% damage nerf)

Full Auto
Regular up rocket (db2) is +4 on block with no pushback (down from +11)

Ex up rocket (db2ex) is +9 on block with no pushback (down from +35)

Regular low rocket (db3) is -5 on block (down from -1)

High Tech
ex df2 is as plus on block as df2(hold 1)

If anyone would like explanations for any of the suggestions I'd be happy to give them. What do you guys think? Are these reasonable changes? Buffing too much? Nerfing too much?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
If BF2 is -12 on block, what should Full Auto do with a random +2 on block? Currently I usually go for 4 bf2 it leads to full combo, but that's because I'm greedy

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I was about to lose my shit when I saw the request for Jacqui BUFFS, but calmed when I saw nerfs.

I certainly hope the narrative of Jacqui as a low tier character is dead.
Do you think these changes are reasonable?

I don't think Jacqui is a low tier character, but I do think high tech could use some help.

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Do you think these changes are reasonable?

I don't think Jacqui is a low tier character, but I do think high tech could use some help.
High Tech has fantastic pressure and huge, meter less damage in the corner.

In fact, all three Jacqui variants hit pretty damn hard in the corner.

I think High Tech having trouble getting in is a balance to the reward she gets once she is in. Besides, in a game with mobility as good as it is in MKX, zoning isn't nearly as threatening outside of a few characters.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
High Tech has fantastic pressure and huge, meter less damage in the corner.

In fact, all three Jacqui variants hit pretty damn hard in the corner.

I think High Tech having trouble getting in is a balance to the reward she gets once she is in. Besides, in a game with mobility as good as it is in MKX, zoning isn't nearly as threatening outside of a few characters.
It's more not having any chance to poke back against half the cast.

None of the proposed changes help her get in more. Although the db1 does help her deal with certain zoning more easily (but tbh it just brings it in line with similar reflects eg. Kenshi, kotal khan).

In fact the bf2 nerf actually makes getting in slightly harder (but I think it's necessary for shotgun).

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
What is your reasoning for making stanky leg neutral instead of +2 on block?

I wonder of people realize your uprocket suggestions are a Big buff lol.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What is your reasoning for making stanky leg neutral instead of +2 on block?

I wonder of people realize your uprocket suggestions are a Big buff lol.
A fast, launching mid with great pushback doesn't need to be + on block. If anything it should be -2 but I thought 0 would be a good compromise.