What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs' Frame Data

Hey guys I was watching Yung Monster's youtube channel last night and i saw this video:

This is about 30% chip damage off no bar, its a block string and at the end it leaves you at +2. Is it broken? Is there a way out? i tested it i didn't find one. why don't people use high tech?
:(

But widow this kinda feels broken:( I don't play this char but this amount of chip damage and plus frames that this char has makes me see her as a beast. She can run cancel her overhead into 11 for a block string, meaning plus overhead. I don't know bout her low tho. Is there like a thread that describes y this variation is bad because i can't find one. I don't play this char so I can't judge.

But widow this kinda feels broken:( I don't play this char but this amount of chip damage and plus frames that this char has makes me see her as a beast. She can run cancel her overhead into 11 for a block string, meaning plus overhead. I don't know bout her low tho. Is there like a thread that describes y this variation is bad because i can't find one. I don't play this char so I can't judge.
You gotta charge the gauntlets and get in. So it can't be done at anytime

You gotta charge the gauntlets and get in. So it can't be done at anytime
Is that the only issue. If so am fine with it cause there are few setups for it. I come from the world of dualist, I lose my plus frames after my orb setup. Please tell me all her problems.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Is that the only issue. If so am fine with it cause there are few setups for it. I come from the world of dualist, I lose my plus frames after my orb setup. Please tell me all her problems.
It's hard to do, it might not work against crouch blocking opponents as well. It is pretty good though. Revolver found this a few weeks back. She can also do b2~df2 and hold quick burst to lvl1 to get the same effect (also b14~df2 held to lvl1). If you time it right, it's a true blockstring and the overhead jails them. I'm a big fan of HT Jacqui since they increased gauntlet buff duration. Probably not her best variation, but very fun.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Yeah, it's very good but it's always on a time limit so it can't be considered broken. It's virtually impossible to set up in the neutral game against a good player so without the space control from SG/FA; you need to get in (while retaining control of neutral with terrible tools), mix them up and knock them down correctly to get the charge, then within the time limit, get BACK in to do the dirt.

It's totally plausible and I feel the reason we haven't really seen it yet is because none of us have been able to dominate the neutral effectively enough to make it work well. HT Jacqui is in my opinion the strongest variation she has right now, but in order to make it work, you have to be WAY too good in the neutral...and you have to do it with a character who has pretty bad range and very bad footsie tools...

You gotta be gdlk to make it good, and you have to do that while weaving through excellent projectiles (hi Liu, hi Predator), crazy ranged safe strings (hi Cassie, hi Lao) and while making sure that characters with crazy offensive pressure don't 'get in' on you when you're meant to be 'getting in' on them (hi D'Vorah, hi Tanya, hi Quan).

many of those reasons are why I would say she is not one of the best in the game. Too many problem match ups.

And charging the gauntlets outside of the corner put her in a position she can't even use it effectly.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
So wait, all these strings where she's like +1 and +2 she's actually 0? Or did she get buffed since then?

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
Is this in the beta? From what height? What about when cancelled from f2u2?
No idea if it's the same in the beta. I had a feeling the in-game data of 0 on block was wrong and tested it. Same advantage from all heights. Same from f2u2 and when jailed from jips but these cause pushback so your options are limited.

EDIT: Jacqui is rewarded a lot more on hit in the beta and one block change as follows:
b1 +19 (up from +13)
f1 +21 (up from +18)
2 +26 (up from +20)
f2 +16 (up from +10)
3 +13 (up from +8)
b3 +13 (up from +6)
f3/f4-b4 +13 (up from +6)
4 +9 (up from +4)
b4 -6 (up from -10 on block)
11 +31 (up from +25)
12 +27 (up from +21)
121 +26 (up from +22)