What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs Jacqueline Briggs quick burst cancels tips thread

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
I like many others have tried many times and failed to get the hang of the quick burst cancels so I thought it would be a good idea for all the high-tech mainers to share their tips and tricks on how they went about perfecting this technique and in doing so help Jacqueline's high-tech variation shine a little bit brighter.

So post your tips and tricks on how you went about getting this technique down

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Make sure you hold down 2 while you input the run cancel

e.g. b+14df2(hold), [wait till end of string comes out], ff+BLCK (release 2), 1/b2/f1/f2/3/etc.

Last edited:

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3

e.g. b+14db2(hold), [wait till end of string comes out], ff+BLCK (release 2), 1/b2/f1/f2/3/etc.
yeah its just the point that I guess I'm not doing it quick enough I wish they had the Run button like they did in the old Mortal Kombat game should have made the stance change as a double tap

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
yeah its just the point that I guess I'm not doing it quick enough I wish they had the Run button like they did in the old Mortal Kombat game should have made the stance change as a double tap
It's cumbersome at first but really becomes second nature the more you play. I think I'm lucky in that I started with Cassie, who you absolutely have to be able to run with even to do her most basic BnBs, so I was forced to learn the run mechanic.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3

e.g. b+14db2(hold), [wait till end of string comes out], ff+BLCK (release 2), 1/b2/f1/f2/3/etc.
It's cumbersome at first but really becomes second nature the more you play. I think I'm lucky in that I started with Cassie, who you absolutely have to be able to run with even to do her most basic BnBs, so I was forced to learn the run mechanic.
Db2 I though it was df2

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
for some reason I can do them as block pressure but for some reason I have so much trouble doing them inside combos

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
for some reason I can do them as block pressure but for some reason I have so much trouble doing them inside combos
One way to do them is input the moves early.. like for example b14 QBRC, I input b14 df2 (Hold) before the string is even done then after you see the QB start-up input your run into 33 or what have you.
The timing should be the same on hit or block but if you're trying to confirm if it hit or not when you don't have the QBRC down it can throw you off.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
One way to do them is input the moves early.. like for example b14 QBRC, I input b14 df2 (Hold) before the string is even done then after you see the QB start-up input your run into 33 or what have you.
The timing should be the same on hit or block but if you're trying to confirm if it hit or not when you don't have the QBRC down it can throw you off.
appreciate the help I really do is there any chance that I get some matches with you cuz I just like to see how you play here cuz there's like no match videos of her in this variation