What's new

General/Other J2 > 1 1 3 doesn't connect online.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
For some reason whenever I play online the first 1 always misses after doing a J2. Whenever I'm offline it never misses. Anyone else have this problem?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm having this problem with a lot of characters. There seems to be some severe input delay for online, despite lag.

Stchamps

It does, but not the first 1... the second and last hits do connect
Why is this? It works perfectly fine offline. I've never had a fighting game do something like this. Even with how crappy MK's online was, if you inputted something correctly, it would generally still work correctly. Multiple times I've had a j2 not connect to 1 1 3 and my opponent is able to block the 1 1 3 even though he isn't supposed to be able to.

KeyBlaz

Noob
Im having hell with the control scheme with this game. Online or Offline I have to turn off negative edge to land certain moves depending on the enviroment. This might not be related to the issue that your experiencing though.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I don't think this is an online thing. The first hit of 113 will whiff against almost every character after j2 midscreen (unless it's a crossup). Sometimes it will still combo even though the first hit whiffed, sometimes they can block. Midscreen it's probably safer and more useful to go into something like f2d13 after a j2.

Why is this? It works perfectly fine offline. I've never had a fighting game do something like this. Even with how crappy MK's online was, if you inputted something correctly, it would generally still work correctly. Multiple times I've had a j2 not connect to 1 1 3 and my opponent is able to block the 1 1 3 even though he isn't supposed to be able to.
Not sure, but i discovered that if you hit late on the j2 you'll get the 1 in. this can also whiff offline too. You just have to perfectly time the j2 EVERYTIME unfortunately. And of course, that's impossible online.

It also seems Green Arrow's start up frame data per attack is extended online for some reason.

Regardless, if it whiffs. Keep the kombo going and it'll still kombo.

I don't think this is an online thing. The first hit of 113 will whiff against almost every character after j2 midscreen (unless it's a crossup). Sometimes it will still combo even though the first hit whiffed, sometimes they can block. Midscreen it's probably safer and more useful to go into something like f2d13 after a j2.
It doesn't whiff on the larger characters like ARES and GRUNDY.

7L

Heads up!
with GA I wouldn't suggest j2 113 because the j2 knocks them back so your timing will be off on the first 1, a j1 113 is less damage but it will connect or doing j2 f2d13 is your best option, you can also do j2 b21, if blocked, you're still at advantage for a follow up.

SoVi3t

Noob
Yeah I came here to post about this too. The first attack has horrible hitbox and whiffs on most of the cast on a jump in.

Can anybody suggest a good way to actually land 113 that doesn't involve freezing the opponent first?

Stchamps

Yeah I came here to post about this too. The first attack has horrible hitbox and whiffs on most of the cast on a jump in.

Can anybody suggest a good way to actually land 113 that doesn't involve freezing the opponent first?
I have no idea so I have pretty much dropped that string from my arsenal. I feel like a lot of strings in general in this game have god awful hitboxes, and since I can't really dash in and attack in this game because I can't cancel a dash into an attack, I feel it is very difficult to even hit someone. I'm forced to either jump in and start a combo or freeze arrows.